[Petition] Bring back the Madness we deserve.

THEFERRARICARGUY

It's the Madness we deserve, but apparently to you it's not the one we need....

My Proposed Changes: Calculating Mind Restored, Unearthed Knowledge, Duplicity (Perhaps some form of stabby talent if we cannot have this), GET RID OF LAMBASTE, and bring back instant whirlwind. I'd get rid of phasewalk (Talent is #fail) to have these changes. Just bring back Madness!

Please sign if you agree and don't want to see the death of the Madness community!

If discharge was an AoE, I'd go along with that as well. Or even just something that incorporates maul, like it proccing lightning the same way lambaste does. Also like other specs with separate CDs of things, in conjunction with lambaste, I think it'd be great if you could activate a 2nd crushing darkness on a separate CD (from the 7.5 second limit) due to the 2nd lightning proc. Edited by MasterFeign

I totally agree. Pre 2.0 Madness couldn't be ignored on the battlefield, and was really fun in pve. 2 ticking dots and then getting a Raze and Duplicity proc could take 50-70% of your opponents health in just a couple globals. Yes, it took quite a bit of set up, 2 dots, 2 debuffs, 2 procs, and 2 buffs. When all this lined up it was really fun. So they wanted to simplify the rotation to increase how fun it was to play. They succeeded in simplifying the rotation, but they took away our real threat and burst and lowering how fun it was to play. As of now we apply our dots, Thrash for Raze, and DF off of cd. Boring and standard. No threat on the battlefield, dps can out dps/burst us, healers can out heal us and tanks are barely tickled by our dots. I simply fall asleep in raids now as there is nothing to manage or look for.

Raze is a really nice and fun talent, it just is not enough on its own though. We need something that can make the Madness Assassin put fear into our opponents again. Pyro Power Techs have a 30m resetting Rail Shot that does serious damage. Mercs get Unload that is good for 10k damage. Lethality Operatives have Cull with 3 ways to build TA. Lethality Snipers have Cull and Series of Shots as well as resetting Take Down. Annihilation Marauders have Annihilate and Force Scream which hit really hard to go along with serious pressure from their dots. Anyways, the other dot specced dps classes cannot be ignored on the battlefield, they severely affect the battle if left unattended. Madness Assassin is no threat to anyone.

What I propose to bring back our swagger with out re complicating our rotations is to do something with our Raze proc. Give us a free Deathfield, or just reset the CD on Deathfield after we cast Crushing Darkness. Or put some serious damage increase to Shock during the dot phase of Crushing Darkness. Have Shock auto crit with 100% crit damage increase, this is only 5k-6k damage, 8-9k with a Chain Shock proc which is rare. Anyways, there is only a small window which we can use this hard hitting Shock and it is less damage than Deceptions Maul so it is in no way over powering. But with it tied to a Raze proc it can add just enough pressure for us to contend on the battlefield.

Pls read and consider this BW.

I totally agree. Pre 2.0 Madness couldn't be ignored on the battlefield, and was really fun in pve. 2 ticking dots and then getting a Raze and Duplicity proc could take 50-70% of your opponents health in just a couple globals. Yes, it took quite a bit of set up, 2 dots, 2 debuffs, 2 procs, and 2 buffs. When all this lined up it was really fun. So they wanted to simplify the rotation to increase how fun it was to play. They succeeded in simplifying the rotation, but they took away our real threat and burst and lowering how fun it was to play. As of now we apply our dots, Thrash for Raze, and DF off of cd. Boring and standard. No threat on the battlefield, dps can out dps/burst us, healers can out heal us and tanks are barely tickled by our dots. I simply fall asleep in raids now as there is nothing to manage or look for.

Raze is a really nice and fun talent, it just is not enough on its own though. We need something that can make the Madness Assassin put fear into our opponents again. Pyro Power Techs have a 30m resetting Rail Shot that does serious damage. Mercs get Unload that is good for 10k damage. Lethality Operatives have Cull with 3 ways to build TA. Lethality Snipers have Cull and Series of Shots as well as resetting Take Down. Annihilation Marauders have Annihilate and Force Scream which hit really hard to go along with serious pressure from their dots. Anyways, the other dot specced dps classes cannot be ignored on the battlefield, they severely affect the battle if left unattended. Madness Assassin is no threat to anyone.

What I propose to bring back our swagger with out re complicating our rotations is to do something with our Raze proc. Give us a free Deathfield, or just reset the CD on Deathfield after we cast Crushing Darkness. Or put some serious damage increase to Shock during the dot phase of Crushing Darkness. Have Shock auto crit with 100% crit damage increase, this is only 5k-6k damage, 8-9k with a Chain Shock proc which is rare. Anyways, there is only a small window which we can use this hard hitting Shock and it is less damage than Deceptions Maul so it is in no way over powering. But with it tied to a Raze proc it can add just enough pressure for us to contend on the battlefield.

Pls read and consider this BW.

There are many ways they could make the tree more interesting. Judging from the feel I get from browsing these forums, though, I'd say that the easiest way to please the majority of players would be to revert the changes they did (even if we can't get Duplicity back, give us a new talent that allows for Shadow Strike to be used).

Right now the spec feels incomplete. If they don't want to revert the changes, then they'll have to do something else. It's just not fun at the moment. Having all these abilities; Shock, Lightning, Maul... only to sit on our toolbars with no incentive to be used.

Edited by Majspuffen

/Signed.

Ideas:

1. Give conspirators cloak to madness. This would be much more useful here than in the tank spec.. (why is it there anyways? Assassin tanks are always in the lead when it comes to DPS so it really isn't even needed)
  2. or Provided choice #1 doesnt happen, Bring back duplicity
  3. Make a proc for assassinate to be used before health is reduced to 30%... Call it "Sudden death" or something. Have it be a stacking proc when you crit melee... When you reach 3 stacks you can use assassinate and it auto crits.... That would hit for roughly the same damage as a maul with duplicity.
  4. or bring in a new hard hitting melee attack (spinning saber?) that hits hard enough to give this build some insta-burst ability.

The damage over time thing isnt that bad, it is the AMOUNT of time. As another posted above, its like we are tickling things to death.

Yeah if discharge were AoE, it would make all the difference.

You know the talent that no one uses any more, Haunted Dreams? Makes WW shorter by a halfsecond? And then you got Oppressing Force which gives 2 extra weak targets to WW?

Well, combine those two and make Madness Discharge and Sorc Affliction hit 2 nearby targets! There, force management just got easier and the trees got more fun. :)

Yeah if discharge were AoE, it would make all the difference.

You know the talent that no one uses any more, Haunted Dreams? Makes WW shorter by a halfsecond? And then you got Oppressing Force which gives 2 extra weak targets to WW?

Well, combine those two and make Madness Discharge and Sorc Affliction hit 2 nearby targets! There, force management just got easier and the trees got more fun. :)

Certainly a great idea, and I mean seeing as death field is an AoE, not a lot of people want to then have to spam discharge on 5 different targets, just to do something...

Certainly a great idea, and I mean seeing as death field is an AoE, not a lot of people want to then have to spam discharge on 5 different targets, just to do something...

Personally I preferred the 3-target limit with Calculating Mind (force restored through death marks). That way it made sense to only really dot three targets and then go for single-target damage. Making Discharge an aoe makes the gameplay easier, imo... and it removes our control for pvp.

I've played Lethality Operative since 2.0 and I must say; I -hate- corrosive grenade. 5-target AoE dot. Very chaotic. You ruin other peoples CC by your own splash damage. I much preferred the controlled gameplay of Madness Assassin.

Just personal opinion.

Totally agree. This spec is way worse than before. Not only is it bad, what's up with assassin bonus set? 2pc gives you a whopping 1 force for using saber strike!!! HANDS DOWN THE BEST EVARRR!? (record scratch) Oh, I get 1 lousy force for using an ability on the lowest end of our rotation. Whooo Hooooo!

I want my maul back damn it! I think Creeping Terror should hit for same damage over the 8 seconds it's on cooldown. That would at least help a little. They say it's all about getting to that 30% range and the damage boosts, well, that just isn't good enough if you ask me.

SIGNED!

Discharge is a 5 person AOE and make deathfield crit on anything that have lightning discharge there is your burst

Madness Assassins would be the new Smash Monkeys™.