Screwed and not even bought a drink...

Thermonuked

every patch i hear things are gonna get better with crewskills, and every patch they get worse, a couple of months ago our guild was 100 strong, today we cant even get a regular 8 ppl online, crit crafting lower level oranges is now pointless, the economy is screwed royally, because ppl have been hoarding grade 6 mats and now they are asking stupid money for them, RE'ing can still take up to 57 tries to get a blue pattern from green, or it can work on the first try, the rewards from crew missions is a joke, still no rich/bountiful grade 6 materials, but always tons of rich companion gifts, someone at bioware seriously needs to pick up a dictionary and look at the meaning of some words, abundant for example, means in excess, more than required, surplus to requirements, 8 mats is far from abundant by any stretch of the imagination, especially when it comes to purple mats, we cant get them any other way apart from missions, so make the rewards worthwhile, it shouldnt take me a day of running missions to get the mats to make 1 item.

personally i dont think crewskills are beyond saving, finally adding orange boots and gloves schematics is a step in the right direction, add belts and bracers and it'd help a lot.

get rid of bind on pickup, make it bind on legacy, if i have a biochem with 400 skill, let me make rakata stims for all my alts and remove the biochem reqs from them, ohhh i think i just managed to sort out the balance problems...

let my synthweaver and armormech make rakata belts and bracers that i can send to my alts, not sell them on GTN but let me post them to my other characters.

my cybertech and artifice characters should be able to make mods, enhancements, armor and hilts that are as good as battlemaster/rakata which i can supply my characters with, again, bind on legacy, so they cant be sold on the market, and no stupid rare mats to make them with, the biometric alloy etc which drops now will be fine.

add belts and bracers and it'd help a lot.

Read the patch notes. They did.

•New Custom (orange) waist, wrist, hand, and foot slot schematics have been added to Armormech and Synthweaving. These schematics can be obtained via Underworld Trading missions.

found a lvl 50 belt schematic myself last night. Sold a few crit crafted ones already.

Edit: And nothing crafted should be BoP *or* BoL. All BoE.

Edited by GnatB

every patch i hear things are gonna get better with crewskills, and every patch they get worse, a couple of months ago our guild was 100 strong, today we cant even get a regular 8 ppl online, crit crafting lower level oranges is now pointless, the economy is screwed royally, because ppl have been hoarding grade 6 mats and now they are asking stupid money for them, RE'ing can still take up to 57 tries to get a blue pattern from green, or it can work on the first try, the rewards from crew missions is a joke, still no rich/bountiful grade 6 materials, but always tons of rich companion gifts, someone at bioware seriously needs to pick up a dictionary and look at the meaning of some words, abundant for example, means in excess, more than required, surplus to requirements, 8 mats is far from abundant by any stretch of the imagination, especially when it comes to purple mats, we cant get them any other way apart from missions, so make the rewards worthwhile, it shouldnt take me a day of running missions to get the mats to make 1 item.

personally i dont think crewskills are beyond saving, finally adding orange boots and gloves schematics is a step in the right direction, add belts and bracers and it'd help a lot.

get rid of bind on pickup, make it bind on legacy, if i have a biochem with 400 skill, let me make rakata stims for all my alts and remove the biochem reqs from them, ohhh i think i just managed to sort out the balance problems...

let my synthweaver and armormech make rakata belts and bracers that i can send to my alts, not sell them on GTN but let me post them to my other characters.

my cybertech and artifice characters should be able to make mods, enhancements, armor and hilts that are as good as battlemaster/rakata which i can supply my characters with, again, bind on legacy, so they cant be sold on the market, and no stupid rare mats to make them with, the biometric alloy etc which drops now will be fine.

If you think its okay for bioware to take it out of crafters hands to make gear with augment slots. That has been destroyed and made useless as of 1.3. Crew skills can't be saved it can only get worse.

If you think its okay for bioware to take it out of crafters hands to make gear with augment slots. That has been destroyed and made useless as of 1.3. Crew skills can't be saved it can only get worse.

Nah, I don't agree. The crafters are still needed to make the kits.

I prefer that system even, it has less randomness in it. Instead of the need to crit an orange craft, you don't need to crit anymore. For me, this is much, much less annoying.

Nah, I don't agree. The crafters are still needed to make the kits.

I prefer that system even, it has less randomness in it. Instead of the need to crit an orange craft, you don't need to crit anymore. For me, this is much, much less annoying.

Agreed, my crafters are making a ton of credits this week selling purple augments and augment kits. If a guildmate want a piece of armor I can craft it without worrying about critting because I can make the augment kit as well by RE 10 items that take a total of 6 common mats to make. Makes my crafting way more efficient and predictable. If it does crit great, 1 less kit to make and 60 materials saved.

Crafting in SWTOR is in a better state today than it has ever been. Armstech still needs a lot of work, but at least there are more than just 3 useful crafting skills (artiface, cybertech, biochem) now that armormech and synthweaving have some way to make somewhat renewable sales.

It's far from perfect or 'fixed' but the changes in 1.3 are certainly a good thing.