Pay 2 win crowd taking over

TheOne

They convert ship req thru CC , then use fleet req acquired to purchase advanced skills, much faster process. See so easy a 12 year old can figure it out.

Sorry, but this is untrue...the green req's come from REWARDS...which means from killing a ton of people, or capturing/holding points. If you don't have the time or skill to compete, then that's on you, not on the people who are better players and who happen to have more free time to dedicate to the game.

The purple req is only good for ship and cosmetic unlocks, not for skill unlocks.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think something is being missed in this discussion. The OP isn't upset about "Pay2Win", or about CC being able to get an advantage. He's mad because he got beaten in PvP. He's stated so over and over again. The whole issue is being obfuscated by side chatter about conversion rates, and how fair it is to be able to convert requisitions. But really, this thread is just someone raging about getting beaten by someone. I think a number of people (including myself) have wasted our time here.

Sorry, but this is untrue...the green req's come from REWARDS...which means from killing a ton of people, or capturing/holding points. If you don't have the time or skill to compete, then that's on you, not on the people who are better players and who happen to have more free time to dedicate to the game.

The purple req is only good for ship and cosmetic unlocks, not for skill unlocks.

cant buy skills via fleet req? umm ok

I think something is being missed in this discussion. The OP isn't upset about "Pay2Win", or about CC being able to get an advantage. He's mad because he got beaten in PvP. He's stated so over and over again. The whole issue is being obfuscated by side chatter about conversion rates, and how fair it is to be able to convert requisitions. But really, this thread is just someone raging about getting beaten by someone. I think a number of people (including myself) have wasted our time here.

No wrong read it again.....

They convert ship req thru CC , then use fleet req acquired to purchase advanced skills, much faster process. See so easy a 12 year old can figure it out.

Hahaha I said details please. You're beginning to repeat this tired line. I'm only 11, humor me. Humor me, and help Bioware fix this travesty.

It isn't wasted time. This thread, to the casual reader, is both entertaining and educational as to how Requisition conversion works. Everybody wins!

So, how much Fleet Req can I acquire in a day:

1) Buy both vanity fighters, both vanity scouts, and the gunship (if you didn't get it for free). You now have seven ships.

2) Pick you favorite ship.

3) Lose tow matches @ 500 ship/ 50 Fleet Req each, complete your daily. All ships get 750 Sjip Req. Use CC to convert the 4500 Ship Req from the six ships you aren't flying to Fleet Req.

4) Complete the Weekly -- 2500 Ship Req for each ship, 500 Fleet Req. Again, convert the Ship Req from the ships you aren't using -- 15,000 (+ the 500, so 15,500) -- divide by seven (get average daily yield from the weekly): 2214.

So, just running 2 games/day and converting 'unused' Ship Req from other ships, you'll be making 6814 Fleet/day. Plus the 1000 Ship Req from playing gives the big CC spender 7814 req/day to spend on upgrades.

As you can see, big CC spenders who have played at least seven games (for the weekly) clearly can already have enough to buy 2 full upgrade trees at 10,000 req each (which is about 20% of the ship).

Compare to a diligent Sub not using CC: 2 matches/day @ 500/50 Ship/Fleet each = 1100, + 750 for Daily, + (2500+500)/7 [=428/day] for weekly: 2278/day.

So, big CC spenders can acquire 3x Fleet Req than a non-CC-spending Sub can.

HOWEVER, it's too early to decide whether or not that is "too much" of an advantage for P2W, since the game has only been out for a few days, and we don't have enough data on the matchmaking system to see if the better-geared / more skilled people are actually being shuffled into more balanced matches (or if the algorithms being used have enough data yet).

Also, note that starting in January, Preferred players will join, and they (and later F2P) will theoretically be making 1/6 of what big-CC spenders can make (although in a month or so, big CC spenders will be close to be maxing out their first ship, if they haven't already).

Also, note that my calculations for Fleet Req acquisition are based on minimum play, and if big CC spenders want to spend that much money to play only two games a day, they shouldn't be flooding the matches.

If you assume everybody plays an additional 2 games/day @ 500/50, that's another 1100/day towards one ship, which puts big -CC at 7814 and regular subs at 3378., which is 2.3x what a sub makes (down from 3).

Alternately, consider what a non-CC sub has to do to "keep up" with a big-CC spender: 6814-2278 = 4536 / 550 (ship+fleet req / match), or about 8.25 more games per day. Of course, that's a rock-bottom Req for losing, presumably people playing 10 games/day get better and make more, thus need less games.

Edited by eartharioch

Oh jesus are you kidding me? You convert using CC same gosh darn thing genius..... Oh you have to play to earn req, well no s&^% Sherlock..........
I'll answer the question I posed (and you dodged) some posts ago, except I'll use a broader stroke to paint the picture. Let's try it Q&A style:

Q: Which requisitions do I use to upgrade my ship's performance?

A: Green Ship Requisitions (hence the term ship requisitions ftw.)

Q: I can use CCs to buy green Ship Requisitions to add performance upgrades to my ship, right?

A: Wrong. Green Fleet Requisitions cannot be purchased with CCs. They must be earned by playing.

Q: What performance upgrades can be purchased with purple Fleet Requisitions?

A: None.

Q: But I can use purple Fleet Requisitions to add crew members, right?

A: That is correct.

Q: Aren't crew members upgrades?

A: No, they all perform at the same level.

Q: If crew members all perform at the same level, then why spend Fleet Requisitions on them?

A: For load-out variety. Each has different active and passive abilities.

Q: But I can use purple Fleet Requisitions to add new ships, right?

Q: Aren't new ships upgrades?

A: No, all new ships perform at the same level.

Q: If new ships all perform at the same level, then why spend Fleet Requisitions on them?

A: For load-out variety. Each has different component arrays.

Q: So purple Fleet Requisitions are used only to buy new ships and add crew members?

A: Yes.

Q: Can cosmetics be purchased using Ship Requisitions or Fleet Requisitions?

A: No. Cosmetics are Cartel Market-only items.

Q: Do cosmetic items provide upgraded performance?

A: No.

Q: Can new ships be earned without paying CCs to convert Ship Requisitions to Fleet Requisitions?

A: Yes. Both Ship Requisitions and Fleet Requisitions are awarded after each match.

Q: Can crew members be added without paying CCs to convert Ship Requisitions to Fleet Requisitions?

A: Yes. Both Ship Requisitions and Fleet Requisitions are awarded after each match.

Q: So what performance upgrades can I purchase with CCs?

A: Not a damn one.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Alternately, consider what a non-CC sub has to do to "keep up" with a big-CC spender: 6814-2278 = 4536 / 550 (ship+fleet req / match), or about 8.25 more games per day. Of course, that's a rock-bottom Req for losing, presumably people playing 10 games/day get better and make more, thus need less games.

But remember this only relates to dailies/weeklies, the more matches you play per day the smaller the difference. Furthermore leveling faster is NOT pay to win. People might as well complain that it's not fair because they started the game after launch day. No two people in the history of gaming have ever leveled at exactly the same pace ever.

Can't we all agree that if we're going to complain about the fact that a game has levels at all then we're probably playing the wrong game? I mean they do make games that have no levels and everyone starts every match on an exactly equal battlefield from day one.

The one and only advantage CC can buy is a "mastered" ship, which is a 10% boost to requisition earned. Converting green requisition to pink (at a 1-to-1 ratio) has zero advantage, because you still have to earn the green req on the other ship by playing matches.

One could make the argument that it's just way too easy to level up. But of course that has nothing at all to do with CC, or CM, or paying to win.

MATH

I forgot the Weekly.

I agree with your numbers for the amount that someone can earn by playing the minimum number of matches. I don't think it is technically accurate to say that a CC spender has earned 3x more however. They have both earned equal amounts, and the CC spender is spending it on one fighter rather than on 7.

Another thing not brought up... The game matches you against ships of similar upgrade level. When you spend CCs to level up your ship faster, you won't be dominating against players who haven't upgraded. You're now facing other people who've also upgraded.

Consider what this means. You have Joe and Fred. Joe never spends any CC, he just plays on his scout and uses ship requisitions to build up his ship. He doesn't really play the other two ship types. He plays match after match and finally unlocks tier 3 upgrades.

Fred is less patient. He wants to build up his scout as fast as possible. He plays all three ships, gets lots of ship requisitions with them (thanks to the daily bonuses) and spends CCs to convert them to fleet requisitions. He then uses all of that to level up his scout to unlock tier 3 upgrades.

Joe and Fred join a match, and are on opposite teams. They meet up. Joe beats the snot out of Fred. Why? Because Joe has played 4 times as many matches to level up his ship, and Fred fast-tracked his way to those upgrades without getting all of the play time experience to really excel at piloting a scout.

Honestly, spending these CCs to upgrade your ship is not doing you any favors. Skill is what's going to win in a match because the matchmaking is going to level the playing field as far as upgrades go.

Another thing not brought up... The game matches you against ships of similar upgrade level. When you spend CCs to level up your ship faster, you won't be dominating against players who haven't upgraded. You're now facing other people who've also upgraded.

Consider what this means. You have Joe and Fred. Joe never spends any CC, he just plays on his scout and uses ship requisitions to build up his ship. He doesn't really play the other two ship types. He plays match after match and finally unlocks tier 3 upgrades.

Fred is less patient. He wants to build up his scout as fast as possible. He plays all three ships, gets lots of ship requisitions with them (thanks to the daily bonuses) and spends CCs to convert them to fleet requisitions. He then uses all of that to level up his scout to unlock tier 3 upgrades.

Joe and Fred join a match, and are on opposite teams. They meet up. Joe beats the snot out of Fred. Why? Because Joe has played 4 times as many matches to level up his ship, and Fred fast-tracked his way to those upgrades without getting all of the play time experience to really excel at piloting a scout.

Honestly, spending these CCs to upgrade your ship is not doing you any favors. Skill is what's going to win in a match because the matchmaking is going to level the playing field as far as upgrades go.

People are not sure if this is in yet, there just aren't enough players at this time or maybe the categories are just broader right now than when the f2p people join. We'll see. I would also like some clarification on how it sets the tiers because I have one quite upgraded ships and 2 I just play for the daily requisitions.

But remember this only relates to dailies/weeklies, the more matches you play per day the smaller the difference. Furthermore leveling faster is NOT pay to win. People might as well complain that it's not fair because they started the game after launch day. No two people in the history of gaming have ever leveled at exactly the same pace ever.

Can't we all agree that if we're going to complain about the fact that a game has levels at all then we're probably playing the wrong game? I mean they do make games that have no levels and everyone starts every match on an exactly equal battlefield from day one.

Yes, sorry for the post length. In the paragraphs above what you quoted I calculated what happens if both players played (and lost) four matches instead of the two minimum needed for the daily:

Also, note that my calculations for earnings are based on minimum play, and if big CC spenders want to spend that much money to play only two games a day, they shouldn't be flooding the matches.

If you assume everybody plays an additional 2 games/day @ 500/50, that's another 1100/day towards one ship, which puts big -CC at 7814 and regular subs at 3378., which is 2.3x what a sub makes (down from 3).

The 3x is what I consider the 'worst case' scenario. Assuming people are doing this for fun, and not just to optimize their Req-e-peens, I'd assume most people want to play more games, and the more they play, the less of a disparity exists.

People are not sure if this is in yet, there just aren't enough players at this time or maybe the categories are just broader right now than when the f2p people join. We'll see. I would also like some clarification on how it sets the tiers because I have one quite upgraded ships and 2 I just play for the daily requisitions.

Yeah, short-term this might not be the situation. But this is how things are supposed to work, and hopefully they will work that way. Those who are getting toasted in mismatched fights are suffering from being early adopters. Any new game feature is going to have kinks when it starts out.

cant buy skills via fleet req? umm ok

There's the Green req, which is what you use for upgrades, which is ONLY EARNED IN BATTLE. Then there's the pink/purple req, which you CAN buy w/ CC, and as far as I'm aware, only unlocks ships and cosmetics. If there's a way to use the pink/purple req for upgrades, it's hidden, or obfuscated.

I'm a sub, and I happen to buy CC's all the dang time, and I have not once seen the ability to purchase skill upgrades for the ships with CC's.

You find me a way to do it, and I will go do it....and then I'll look for you in GSF so I can shoot you down a bunch of times for whining so much.

Yeah, short-term this might not be the situation. But this is how things are supposed to work, and hopefully they will work that way. Those who are getting toasted in mismatched fights are suffering from being early adopters. Any new game feature is going to have kinks when it starts out.

It's also worth noting that skill plays a much bigger role in this than the ground game. Upgrades do help, but then again they only work if you can actually hit something. Gear can't carry a bad player anywhere near as much as it can in the ground game.

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! This is all you need to know about req's people.

I'll answer the question I posed (and you dodged) some posts ago, except I'll use a broader stroke to paint the picture. Let's try it Q&A style:

Q: Which requisitions do I use to upgrade my ship's performance?

A: Green Ship Requisitions (hence the term ship requisitions ftw.)

Q: I can use CCs to buy green Ship Requisitions to add performance upgrades to my ship, right?

A: Wrong. Green Fleet Requisitions cannot be purchased with CCs. They must be earned by playing.

Q: What performance upgrades can be purchased with purple Fleet Requisitions?

A: None.

Q: But I can use purple Fleet Requisitions to add crew members, right?

Q: Aren't crew members upgrades?

A: No, they all perform at the same level.

Q: If crew members all perform at the same level, then why spend Fleet Requisitions on them?

A: For load-out variety. Each has different active and passive abilities.

Q: But I can use purple Fleet Requisitions to add new ships, right?

Q: Aren't new ships upgrades?

A: No, all new ships perform at the same level.

Q: If new ships all perform at the same level, then why spend Fleet Requisitions on them?

A: For load-out variety. Each has different component arrays.

Q: So purple Fleet Requisitions are used only to buy new ships and add crew members?

A: Yes.

Q: Can cosmetics be purchased using Ship Requisitions or Fleet Requisitions?

A: No. Cosmetics are Cartel Market-only items.

Q: Do cosmetic items provide upgraded performance?

A: No.

Q: Can new ships be earned without paying CCs to convert Ship Requisitions to Fleet Requisitions?

Q: Can crew members be added without paying CCs to convert Ship Requisitions to Fleet Requisitions?

Q: So what performance upgrades can I purchase with CCs?

A: Not a damn one.