Mainly for those nonstop PVPers

merovejec

So the WHO officially recognises video game addiction as a sickness. Its very important for some people to realize how long they spend playing video games. No offense but when I mistly see some pvpers have thousands of matches played in ranked it makes me wonder how much time they spend on the game.

Mainly when it comes to wintrading it takes a lot of work and time, yet these players seem to rob themselves of their RL in order to gain imaginery titles and rewards, rather then spend RL doing something real.

• 2 weeks later...
So the WHO officially recognises video game addiction as a sickness. Its very important for some people to realize how long they spend playing video games. No offense but when I mistly see some pvpers have thousands of matches played in ranked it makes me wonder how much time they spend on the game.

If I recall correctly, you have (or had at some point) 100% achievements. How many hours did it take you? ;)

I wouldn't limit game addiction to PvP.

The WHO is a joke. I am just waiting for them to say you need a pill to beat gaming addiction.

Don't give them any ideas.

Honestly it doesn't take medical professionals to realize that having a healthy balance in life between various activities (including recreation) is a good idea, and no amount of recognition by medical professionals is going to make people make better choices.

• 3 weeks later...
The WHO is a joke. I am just waiting for them to say you need a pill to beat gaming addiction.

I don't have a *lot* of time for the more recent meanderings of the WHO, but the organisation that ran the successful global campaign to rid the world of variola major and variola minor (smallpox to you, Chuckles) deserves *some* respect. What they did there left the world a better place.