Rydarus' 4.0+ Vigilance/Vengeance Guide on Dulfy

GrandLordMenace

You desire more power... good.

This is meant to be the ultimate Vig/Vengeance PVE resource for people playing Alacrity Builds. It's always a work in progress and will never be fully completed. Anything from parses, screenshots, anecdotes, or testimonials are welcome.

The end goal of the guide is to get the player to wear the Vigilance and Vengeance Discipline like a glove. Through rigorous analysis of the interlocking mechanics behind the Discipline, you can unlock it's true potential and be well on your way to becoming a HM/NiM progression quality DPS.

http://dulfy.net/2016/12/30/swtor-5-0-vigilance-guardian-pve-guide-by-rydarus/

Sound off in the thread with feedback.

https://www.docdroid.net/DK28Hso/50vengeancejuggernautguide.pdf.html

Veng Translation, may have some errors, be sure to cross reference.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear that getting back to 100% Accuracy will be at the cost of some Power/Crit. :confused:

2 different stat slots on gear boss. Accuracy is same slot as Surge and Alacrity. Power and Crit are in the same slot. But with crafted 186 Enhancements, it takes 7 Accuracy slots plus 1 186 Augment to hit the 100% mark.

2 different stat slots on gear boss. Accuracy is same slot as Surge and Alacrity. Power and Crit are in the same slot. But with crafted 186 Enhancements, it takes 7 Accuracy slots plus 1 186 Augment to hit the 100% mark.

Oops I meant Surge ... I'm gonna edit the previous post :o

Did anyone test Alacrity so far ?

Oops I meant Surge ... I'm gonna edit the previous post :o

Did anyone test Alacrity so far ?

Did and found no benefit from it compared to Surge. It makes the MS clipping strange, but then again others may like the faster paced rotation. I suggest trying it for yourself compared to taking my word for it.

To waste any slot on Acc with a Shien user is pointless. You should go power crit and surge. Those are you're three stats to go after. Acc is for Juyo or Aturu. Why do you think they changed riposte around? So you guys can waste mod slots just so you don't need to use it? You should be trying to power through ones defense not go around it. Edited by Silentcricket

To waste any slot on Acc with a Shien user is pointless. You should go power crit and surge. Those are you're three stats to go after. Acc is for Juyo or Aturu. Why do you think they changed riposte around? So you guys can waste mod slots just so you don't need to use it? You should be trying to power through ones defense not go around it.

Uhm....

So many things wrong with this statement.

Focus has riposte enabled in it's rotation, and Vigilance doesn't have the resource for it, plus all your abilities in rotation do more damage.

Try again idiot.

To waste any slot on Acc with a Shien user is pointless. You should go power crit and surge. Those are you're three stats to go after. Acc is for Juyo or Aturu. Why do you think they changed riposte around? So you guys can waste mod slots just so you don't need to use it? You should be trying to power through ones defense not go around it.

Try doing this then make this statement.....I am sure you'll find the exact opposite to be true.

Lol. Thanks for the insult. Gotta love people who dislike being confronted with change. Never said replace riposte with one of your abilities. I said, look at the change they made. If you miss you can use it to make up the dps you loss.

I said also, Acc is isn't a prime stat you should be stacking. If you feel Acc is key for Shien/Djem So you're wrong. If you're stacking Acc over Power Strenth Crit or Surge go play a Juyo/Aturu user since they require it.

So many people on these forums using the wrong forms and cry about dps and its know wonder why.

PS. Grand lord who said anything about Focus tree? Post is Vig. Thanks for calling me an idiot.

Edited by Silentcricket

Lol. Thanks for the insult. Gotta love people who dislike being confronted with change. Never said replace riposte with one of your abilities. I said, look at the change they made. If you miss you can use it to make up the dps you loss.

I said also, Acc is isn't a prime stat you should be stacking. If you feel Acc is key for Shien/Djem So you're wrong. If you're stacking Acc over Power Strenth Crit or Surge go play a Juyo/Aturu user since they require it.

So many people on these forums using the wrong forms and cry about dps and its know wonder why.

If you miss a Plasma Brand, Master Strike, Overhead Slash, Dispatch, Blade Storm, Vigilant Thrust, Saber Throw, Force Push, force stasis, or Sundering Strike, the loss of damage will be far worse than the damage gained by using riposte. Deliberately getting no accuracy so you can use riposte is outright stupid.

Oh wait, those are the only abilities you use as a vigilance guardian!

It is a MUST HAVE REQUIREMENT for a DPS to have 100% accuracy. REGARDLESS OF SPEC

How much accuracy is needed to reach 100%?

For 186s, 7 Accuracy slots + 1 186 Acc Augment will get you 100.08%

PS. Grand lord who said anything about Focus tree? Post is Vig. Thanks for calling me an idiot.

Think you playing a different game my friend. Gear is a matter of interpretation in many aspects, but if you fail to hit the boss with your heavy hitters than stacking Surge, which is the only stat you mentioned in the same slot as Accuracy, means nothing. Riposte's roughly 3k damage doesn't compare to a 7-10k hit from Overhead Slash or the 15k you get from Master Strike's channel.

This game is based in lore but does not treat it like a literal bible to follow bro. Best to stop now before you hurt yourself.

Not 100% on board with a few things in the guide Rydarus but its a good intro to the specs. Also, your missing a link to the calculator in the vig section.

Edited by Joran-Koon

Oh no rush, just meant when you get around to it is all:o

Priority system and opener is already up there.

In regards to the opener, I am fully aware of the opener that uses sundering strike instead of Combat Focus, don't necessarily like it and even with the new set bonus I was doing more with a traditional opener, and I honestly don't think the 2% boost to damage is significant enough to be worth delaying hard hitters for, especially since relics are so RNGish to proc, and if they proc early in that opener you can only get 1 real ability inside it.