Beginners Guide to Juggernaut Tanking by Phottek

Phottek

Hopefully, the Jedi knight guy (Camarius) will be continuing and updating, at least we can get some tip from there if there are major changes to anything.

Edit: btw. thank you for this, it has been most helpful :)

Edited by Fallerup

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I have found a way to help increase AoE threat at the early levels. Spec 2 points into increasing the damage and lowering the cooldown of Smash that you can find in the first tier of the shared tree. Also spec the 3 points into the Vengeance tree to increase the threat of Smash by 30% in Soresu Form. From theorycrafting I have been reading and going through, 1 point of damage is 1.00 threat. With Soresu Form, it is increased by 100% to 2.00. With the added threat increase it will be at least 2.30, but for all you math majors out there 30% of 2.00 is .6. Even if that is the case, it increases the threat that much more. Added in the extra damage, it helps a great deal imo.

With one Smash, at level 20, I held aggro on a group of 4 mobs against a Merc DFA and whatever else AoE they have. You low level Juggs know what I'm talking about.

But yea, that does mean that you wont get the nice Immortal tree cooldowns and abilities until 5 levels later than if you would go full immortal, but I have thought that the ends justify the means in my own gaming style. Hope it helps!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Excellent, excellent, excellent! It is put together in such a way that is very descriptive and informative, yet still manages to keep you interested and curious. Thank you so much Phottek, you deserve a standing ovation from the crowd of Juggernauts (And maybe other classes) reading this thread. I have a lot to read up on. Thanks again!! :cool:

• 11 months later...