Empire Vs Republic Server Population

Orestess

I'm on the Republic side on Fatman, and around mid 20's. Its pretty sparse on multiple worlds, even in the station. I've been told the Empire side is huge compared to this. I was wondering if there is a server that has more Republic than Empire, or is this a pretty common thing among the servers?

Roleplay servers are fairly balanced with a decent incline towards the Republic due to many people wanting to live out their hero fantasies.

Good to hear. I'm on an RP server on the Sith side living out my "sociopath" fantasies :p

I think most, if not all, servers have a higher Empire than Republic population. For some reason that I don't understand the dark side is very alluring to people. It kinda disappoints me that Bounty Hunter is so fun because I had planned on playing on the Republic side as a Jedi Shadow but I had so much fun with BH during the beta that I decided to stick with it. Which now makes me part of the problem :rolleyes:

Hopefully it evens out after everyone has their fill of being evil. I see in the future some college student writing their thesis on this.

I play a Light Side Sith Assassin. I will never have my fill of being evil because I choose all the good conversations and still get to play the class I like the most. Jedi Shadow feels boring even though it's the mirror class.

I play a Light Side Sith Assassin. I will never have my fill of being evil because I choose all the good conversations and still get to play the class I like the most. Jedi Shadow feels boring even though it's the mirror class.

Ditto. Light Side Bounty Hunter here ;)

I think most, if not all, servers have a higher Empire than Republic population. For some reason that I don't understand the dark side is very alluring to people. It kinda disappoints me that Bounty Hunter is so fun because I had planned on playing on the Republic side as a Jedi Shadow but I had so much fun with BH during the beta that I decided to stick with it. Which now makes me part of the problem :rolleyes:

The Republic sucks and being good sucks. Its like playing the Alliance in WoW.

Edited by gertrillex

• 2 weeks later...
The Republic sucks and being good sucks. Its like playing the Alliance in WoW.

Having played both: Trooper storyline+missions >>> BH storyline missions (in ****** level)

Imperial Agent >>> Smuggler (but not by far)

Sith Inquisitor >><< Jedi Consular (matter of taste)

Sith Warrior >><< Jedi Knight (matter of taste)

To be honest, playing republic (I switched due to getting sick of huttbal, huttbal, huttbal) isn't nearly as lame as I thought it would be. Actually, all the corruption, evil stuff within the republic as a Trooper is a lot of fun and the storyline is enjoyable and the smart-assedness of my smuggler makes me lol a lot. Jedi is a tad overly goody-goody, just like sith is a tad overly baddy-baddy.

But both are fun. You ''z0mG hXc ev0l'' Empire players will find out when you start rolling republic alts ;p

Actually, most republic players on my server are ex-empire players like myself, who either wanted better PvP, new storylines to discover, or grew sick of the british accents + overdone evilness ;p.

My option to fix all: play BH's, Troopers, Smugglers and Agents =p They're all way more awesome than they seem.

Edited by FuryNL

Out of the box, the dark side is more fun initially, in my opinion.

As for empire being popular, I think that has to do with the huge popularity of the SI classes -- both sorceror and assassin. People like shooting purple lightning from their fingers, and the assassin is Darth Maul. I think both archetypes are more attractive to players than the Republic-side force users, who come off as much more bland.

It will even itself out as people reroll over time to experience the stories on the "other" side, I think.

I wonder if Bioware will address this or just let it be. This obviously has PVP implications, not so much for PVE other than prices for stuff will be really high.

And how exactly are Bioware supposed to "address" this? Arbitrarily block players from rolling imperial classes? Randomly select imperial characters for class/faction switch? Short of these options I don't really understand what you expect BW to do..... :confused:

Edit: I tried playing some Republic classes and quite honestly it was awful, like being stuck in an episode of Little House On The Prairie (didn't try trooper, never found that type of class interesting or engaging at all), Smuggler was the only one that I found even remotely bearable, but even that couldn't really hold a candle to Bounty Hunter.

Short answer: Empire = COOL, Republic = LAME.

Edited by Darth_Sinistor

On my server its fine. When I pvp'd at lower lvl we were waiting on empire to get going. In Huttball we always had a full team of Repulic and sometimes Republic were on Empire side to fill in numbers.

I m lvl 49 and its only on Voss that I ve been unable to do Heroics. If you want to find servers with good Rebulic populations Google Republic Guilds and look for guilds with enemies and allies.

These servers will have more balanced populations cause the guilds have tried to balance them.

I went republic, choosing Jedi Shadow. I don't think thats the best class by any means on the republic side, in fact the class feels a little weak at times. I also considered playing as Empire, as you can still choose light side options, but your still restricted to your class and what items you can equip anyway, other than the items that don't have a class applied to them,.

I chose Republic anyway, the concept of a sith turning to the good side of the force, just deciding against his sith teachings is a good concept to play, and can see a playable angle from that. Does this mean - you won't PvP against Republic players then ? - no I thought you might still do that :p