The Ultimate Showdown

Inexorabiles

I am biased towards Sidious. I think, however a good swordsman Luke might have been, he couldn't compare to Old Republic swordsmen, because he never got much in that sense to test himself again, or to train him. Obi-wan could have educated him, as a spirit, towards lightsaber combat, but it's not the same as going toe-to-toe with the greatest duelists of the golden age of the Republic. He fought Vader, but Vader wasn't so great a duelist anymore due to his injuries and cybernetics. He may have been a match for Sidious in a Force duel, but it would certainly be a close call.

Here's how I'd call it.

Round 1. Luke Skywalker

Round 2. Darth Sidious

Round 3. Darth Sidious

But I don't know squat of Luke Skywalker post-RotJ, so my opinion may not amount to much.

I am biased towards Sidious. I think, however a good swordsman Luke might have been, he couldn't compare to Old Republic swordsmen, because he never got much in that sense to test himself again, or to train him. Obi-wan could have educated him, as a spirit, towards lightsaber combat, but it's not the same as going toe-to-toe with the greatest duelists of the golden age of the Republic. He fought Vader, but Vader wasn't so great a duelist anymore due to his injuries and cybernetics. He may have been a match for Sidious in a Force duel, but it would certainly be a close call.

Here's how I'd call it.

Round 1. Luke Skywalker

Round 2. Darth Sidious

Round 3. Darth Sidious

But I don't know squat of Luke Skywalker post-RotJ, so my opinion may not amount to much.

Luke defeated Sidious in the Dark Empire series many years before his prime.

Luke defeated Sidious in the Dark Empire series many years before his prime.

As I said, I don't know crap about post-RotJ Luke. But if that was the case, why put it in contest to begin with? So you can engrandise Luke's ego to hear the predicted outcome? ;) Anywhoo, there may have been special circumstances to Luke's trampling over Sidious in that event, like the clone's deterioration (which puts Palpatine below his prime, IMO)

As I said, I don't know crap about post-RotJ Luke. But if that was the case, why put it in contest to begin with? So you can engrandise Luke's ego to hear the predicted outcome? ;) Anywhoo, there may have been special circumstances to Luke's trampling over Sidious in that event, like the clone's deterioration (which puts Palpatine below his prime, IMO)

Haven't read Dark Empire in a while, so you may have to ask Rayla about that.

Regardless, Dark Empire takes place several decades before Luke reaches his prime. So any outside circumstances could be considered a moot point.

Haven't read Dark Empire in a while, so you may have to ask Rayla about that.

Regardless, Dark Empire takes place several decades before Luke reaches his prime. So any outside circumstances could be considered a moot point.

I disagree, given the nature of Palpatine's clone deteriorations. If their lifespan was shortened by the Dark Side powers, that would make channelling the Dark Side more difficult, significantly reducing Palpatine's ability to win. All the more, in my scenario, I think Luke could beats Palpatine in a s Force duel, but if lightsabers were involved, Palpatine would get the edge simply because he was taught all seven forms, mastered them, and tested them against the finest duelists in the Jedi Order.

I disagree, given the nature of Palpatine's clone deteriorations. If their lifespan was shortened by the Dark Side powers, that would make channelling the Dark Side more difficult, significantly reducing Palpatine's ability to win. All the more, in my scenario, I think Luke could beats Palpatine in a s Force duel, but if lightsabers were involved, Palpatine would get the edge simply because he was taught all seven forms, mastered them, and tested them against the finest duelists in the Jedi Order.

Except he did win in lightsaber combat.

Except he did win in lightsaber combat.

Under specific circumstances. Aren't we talking about the Sith Lord in his prime? A decaying body doesn't scream his prime to me, unless you wish to keep at an inane discussion. I gave my opinion, you gave yours, that suffices.

Under specific circumstances. Aren't we talking about the Sith Lord in his prime? A decaying body doesn't scream his prime to me, unless you wish to keep at an inane discussion. I gave my opinion, you gave yours, that suffices.

Palpatine's prime was in Dark Empire, was it not?

Palpatine's prime was in Dark Empire, was it not?

Isn't this at the point where he had already transferred his consciousness a couple times? If so, then that's his prime, I think.

But I really need to read my post ROTJ Palp stuff again.

1. Palp easily

2. Possibly Luke, cause he uses his own forms, but his fighting does tend to rely a bit on both melee and Force

3. Luke, if he counters Palpie's Force Storm shtick.

1. Palp easily

2. Possibly Luke, cause he uses his own forms, but his fighting does tend to rely a bit on both melee and Force

3. Luke, if he counters Palpie's Force Storm shtick.

1. If Luke and a relatively untrained Force user can cut Sidious off from the Force, Luke in his prime (when he is canonically superior to Sidious) should be able to do the same.

2. Since he defeated Sidious in lightsaber combat, again pre-prime, I think it's obvious Luke wins here.

3. Again, Luke.