Rollback

Harland

Hmmm just appeared to suffer a 2 Level rollback on Red Eclipse, around 2 hours of play gone.

I didn't see an announcement, just logged me out with long loading time. When I logged back in levels had vanished, from the Chat, I wasn't alone....

Oh well back to the grindstone....

Edited by Harland

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it seems that subscribers were suddenly f2p as well. All people lost suddenly quickbars and were credit capped.

Yeah, my trooper was down to one quickslot bar. Logging out to char select and back fixed it but I had to repopulate all the reappearing bars with their skills. :(

I too have lost several hours of levelling and crafting grind on a new character. Almost 2 xp levels down the drain. I don't think I've experienced such a severe loss of time and effort in any MMO I've played.

No warning, no message. Shame on you. I think your paying (and F2P) customers deserver better, Bioware.

Please stop reskinning for the Cartel Cash Grab Shop and fix the damn game first.

What little goodwill you had left has surely gone now (certainly from me, anyway).

/rant over

I want to join the collective rant.

Red eclipse server rollback.

What a disappointment. Several hours lost, XP, missions, gear, ... and on a payed service you expect a better experience.

I do hope they fix, compensate, and take measures to not let this happen again.

Sad.

So wait... does anyone know WHY this rollback happened yet, and why it only seems to have happened to some people?

Some kind of exploit, gamebreaking bug?

And I really sympathize to those of you affected, what a pain. They better have had a good reason for it. And even if they DID, whatever the reason was shouldn't have happened in the first place.

OH, oh!!! An employee answered regarding the rollbacks?? Can I start getting my hopes up?

Sever Rollbacks can be caused by Hardware issues to Players using Hacks in-game which cause server instability and corruption. (Say Thanks Cheaters)

This corruption can only be fixed by reverting to a known good save of the server.

GW 2 for example did this on rollback -

Edited by OwenBrooks

Sever Rollbacks can be caused by Hardware issues to Players using Hacks in-game which cause server instability and corruption. (Say Thanks Cheaters)

This corruption can only be fixed by reverting to a known good save of the server.

GW 2 for example did this on rollback -

If the rollbacks were due to official action, then why would they be "investigating" reports of rollbacks?