Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do I hate this class?

verfallen
07.16.2018 , 01:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sempronos View Post
I have a 70 Sentinel and a 60 Marauder and to be honest, I just don't get this class. I kill much faster and effectively with my Guardian or Juggy in PVE, but when I try my Sentinel or Mara I never get through my rotation to make really big hits. I feel like I'm trying to time my attacks more than just killing mobs with abandon.

Plus I feel so squishy, constantly having to pause after a fight to heal up. How are you guys playing this in PVE? I've looked for YouTube videos but they are all from several updates ago. I'm not looking forward to the last ten levels on my Marauder.

Suggestions?
Marauder is significantly sturdier than a dps jug actually, assuming you use your dcds. That said, if thrash pulls are what you are struggling with, obviously you cannot use your dcds every 20 seconds.

Always make sure to kill the thrash asap and solo pve dont have a rotation per say. You choose what ability to use based on circumstances. Its not a big boss fight where you sustain dps.

But I never use my companions in healer or tank mode, and I typically have to heal up every 3 pulls or so.
Verfallen (Assassin) | Azorek (Sorcerer)
Veroth (Marauder) Altamira (Merc) Aing (Sniper)

Verfalled (sage) | Tiemrys (Shadow)Verfaing (Sentinel)Evenroth (Commando)
Fear The ShadowHumper Legacy! May contain sarcasm

cool-dude
08.10.2018 , 06:50 AM | #12
Sents/Maras have some of the best dcds in the game. they are better both in offense and defense to that of the dps Juggernaut. With that said, Sent/mara are one of the most difficult classes to play, because their effectiveness depends on your ability to manage those dcds, so you get the most out of them.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

DarthBabbler
09.03.2018 , 12:49 PM | #13
I only hate this Class because they don't have Force Jump Cooldown Reductions like the Guardian and the Shadow. Also the Guardian can start each battle with Focus and Saber Throw also creates Focus.

KendraP
09.03.2018 , 03:47 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBabbler View Post
I only hate this Class because they don't have Force Jump Cooldown Reductions like the Guardian and the Shadow. Also the Guardian can start each battle with Focus and Saber Throw also creates Focus.
Pretty sure fury gets a leap benefit of some kind, and focus guardians dont. Only vigi guardians get any benefit from leap without utility, and all the utility point does is make you immune to push/pull/knockback.

Having played both, focus and concentration play exactly the same way, and I have not particuarly noticed any gaping focus issues on either.

Buellzebubba
09.04.2018 , 12:37 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by cool-dude View Post
Sents/Maras have some of the best dcds in the game. they are better both in offense and defense to that of the dps Juggernaut. With that said, Sent/mara are one of the most difficult classes to play, because their effectiveness depends on your ability to manage those dcds, so you get the most out of them.
What are the dcds for Sents/Maras? How do you best manage them? Thanks!

xMaranathax
10.05.2018 , 06:40 AM | #16

Talyc'jatne
Aliit ori'shya tal'din