LFG is a letdown for new players.

LFG is critically failing me. I'm a latecomer to this game and I play casually, I'm not in a guild, but I LOVE to run instances, except LFG has let me down.

I'm currently level 25 and I've run exactly ONE instance one time. Not for lack of interest, but because LFG is failing.

Perhaps there are some tips or tricks that I'm missing out on. I usually run single player content with my LFG flag on.

People say that cross realm grouping is bad because of trolls. Well, I would much rather run instances with an occasional troll, where I can just leave the party and find another vs this system. I suppose it is true, I am grouping with far fewer trolls, because I never group at all.

The LFG flag is useless right now and BW is aware of it. They are currently working to rebuild a new LFG tool for local server use. In the mean time, I'd suggest making some friends with anyone else you see leveling around where you are.

LFG is critically failing me. I'm a latecomer to this game and I play casually, I'm not in a guild, but I LOVE to run instances, except LFG has let me down.

I'm currently level 25 and I've run exactly ONE instance one time. Not for lack of interest, but because LFG is failing.

Perhaps there are some tips or tricks that I'm missing out on. I usually run single player content with my LFG flag on.

People say that cross realm grouping is bad because of trolls. Well, I would much rather run instances with an occasional troll, where I can just leave the party and find another vs this system. I suppose it is true, I am grouping with far fewer trolls, because I never group at all.

Yeah I'm on a packed server and I was having the same problem. To solve this I would type /who 33-36, organize the list by class then just go thru the list to all Sith sorcs, ( Hey looking for Healer for a foundry run, interested?) If i wouldn't get any hits with them I would move on to mercs ect.

Its a bit cumbersome and yeah it involves taking the initiative to type that out a billion times but once you have a tank and healer its fairly easy to get a dps class to join.

Hello everyone,

We thought you might be interested in James Ohlen's Feedback request regarding a Group Finder. We encourage you to visit and leave your feedback!

You also might want to check if your server has a custom chat channel created for looking for group. Many servers have this and it allows you to talk beyond whatever planet you are on. To do this you type /cjoin LFG. You may also want to ask what the channel name is if that is not the current one used on your server.

Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

Have a great day!

Edited by Trineda

Thanks for the replies. I want to stress that I'm a relatively new player, I'm still on my first month.

I'm going to guess that the level 50 content might not be so bad, since there seem to be a majority at that level.

But if you want SWTOR to be even remotely as successful as the MMO which shall not be named, then you have to GROW your player base, that means catering to new players as well as the maxed players.

Hiding a game wide LFG in a secret channel is NOT catering to new players, it's ignoring their troubles by pretending they aren't real (after all, all you have to do is join the secret channel, doesn't everyone know that?)

SWTOR is a great game. I find the interactive questing to be compelling and engaging. I WANT to experience the multiplayer aspects of this MMO but I'm finding that to be a chore. So far SWTOR is a single player game that I have to pay monthly. There are better single player games out there without subscriptions. The UI customization in 1.2 was a HUGE step forward. For me personally, this is my biggest problem with the game as it stands today, and will probably be one of the main reasons I don't renew my subscription when that time comes. Assuming it hasn't been resolved by then.

Right now with the LFG tool being next to useless (I always flag myself, but it rarely rarely helps), I suggest you join a casual guild. It will help a little in finding people your lvl that might like to group.

Theres also channels that are created on servers, though thoses are even worse then the LFG tool.

OK i agree with you that the LFG tool they have doesn't work.

some helpful tips for getting groups however.

-Don't stand around in fleet. No point spamming for hours to people who are probably the wrong level.thats time you could be questing.

-Do put out a message on /1 for people who are questing on the same planet as you. They're the same level so probably pretty keen and theres a shuttle to take you back to fleet

- Kill 2 birds with one stone, look for group quests and then fill out from there. LFM "insert 2 man heroic here" after its done "hey we only need two more for "insert FP here" you would be suprised how often that works.

-Ask in guild once, some level 50 may take pity on you. Don't harrass or abuse this though people like to nice things occasionally, carrying someone from 10-50 through dungeons is a chore and will get you blacklisted as a sponge.

I leveled from 10-40ish in dungeons on my smuggler as i couldnt really face healing the whole way to lvl 50, it is doable and does make finding a group easier than dps but good dps is hard to find and really handy to know.

There is so many other ways to find groups that a LFG finder isn't actually needed. All it takes is alittle patience,effort and believe it or not being a decent person. I can understand time constraints.I have a job with odd hours and I do like to go out .I was also on an american server and wasn't online alot during peak hours.

Thanks for the tips and the support.

I'll try some of those tricks. One thing I personally don't care for is running through low level dungeons with a high level person. The only FP I was ever able to actually get going and the experience was ruined by them inviting a level 50 to run BT. If I wanted to passively watch someone else run BT, then youtube is MUCH easier for that. I want to experience the challenge of beating the FP. I want to feel the accomplishment of beating that boss I've never fought before. I've been playing MMOs long enough to have learned that the fun is in the journey, not the destination.

Anyway, I have faith in Bioware that they'll soon find a way to put the second M into their MMORPG. They did such a great job with all the other letters, I'm not sure why they dropped the ball so hard on the Multiplayer part.