This is What we need as a Start for PVP to work in the long run

usselmanj

1. Start with Single Planet.

2. Split the Planet into Half One side IMP the other REP.

3. Each side has let’s say 5 Command Post.

> A Command Post is a big bunker, base or head quarter, Inside the base there are guards, There strength is a silver to a LV 50 player. There will not be a ton of these, just enough to slow down the attackers and give the defenders some time to reinforce. The main goal will be to kill the general of that bunker. He will be a Champion. He will have a lot of hit points and do ok damage, but a group of 4 players with basic heals if left alone and no defenders showed up would be able to kill him.

The outside of the base will make up a square with a powered fence or shield wall. The attackers will have to get thru this first in order to press the attack and kill the general. This can be done a couple of ways.

First way,

Thou the main gate,

Or front door (which is a solid but breakable object). This can be broken a few ways. the attackers can bring siege equipment with them in the form of turrets and or a deployable machine that hacks doors, given time, and or if enough damage is done by the turrets or blasters or enough people just doing damage to the door it will break letting them inside to start on second door of the command base. The Second Door, the same as the first door just less HP on the door. Once the second door falls it would let them inside to kill the guards and then the general.

2nd way,

Drain the shield,

There will be 4 points along the outer fence that are weak to shield drainers and if you are able to survive the defenders attacks, due to good team work and get a get a shield drainer going, it would put a hole in the shield wall letting you into the base, once inside you have choices, you can make a push for the front door getting it open, to let the door hacker in to start on the second door, or start clearing out the defenders and make them retreat into the second door of the base. Or just defend your hole keeping pressure on the attack or both.

There are a lot of Ideas and options you could go for here with siege equipment for both the attackers and the defenders. I am just trying to show you a glimpse of what it could be. So I will leave the command post section and move on to the next point.

Next

3. For each one of those 5 Command Post there is 3 let’s call them Outpost.

>An Outpost is a small tower rising out of the ground, has a door on the front and a few guards surrounding it. Once you kill the guards and break the door you run up to the top and kill the officer, (Gold to lv 50) and his guards, 1 player could capture an Outpost if no defenders showed up, it would just take a bit of time and effort.

These are located not too far away from the Command Post but far enough that it would take 45 seconds to 1min to reach well traveling on your speeder. These Outposts would form a triangle around the Command post, they serve a goal of 2 fold.

First,

First lines of defence or warning that attacker are coming to the command post.

Second, As long as you control a command post and the 3 outlying outposts tied to it, you are able to take transport directly to that base. Just like you quick travel with item you have now, a quick travel feature would be built into the map. Click on a base you own and control and travel there.

So what this means is,

The attackers will gather the forces decide its time to lay siege to the enemy, they pick their target and make a move for it, first thing they do is assault the Outpost. Once the front door of the outpost hits 70% health it puts a flame on the world map, alerting the defending side of what is starting to take place.

They can respond by quick traveling to the base and trying to counter assault the Outpost or prepare for battle at the base. if they fail to make it to the base before the attackers take the Outpost and cut quick travel they will have to take speeders there risking being hit by group's looking to kill people incoming to the base on foot.

Once the tower is taken the defenders can press the attack on the base.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

DEEP BREATH YOU’RE ALMOST DONE HANG IN THERE GUYS

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Ok now the good stuff you have either just assaulted there base and killed there general, or you have defended the base and killed all the attackers.

Great good on you for helping let’s give you some stuff for your effort.

For Example, THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE

All attacking players that took the command post get 5 medals an X amount of Valour, and a box. The box gives you the choice of PVP OR PVE gear, you click which you want and it will randomly produce an item of either Battle master or War hero, you need. Now if you are full war hero already and hate this idea then please post a diff one. If you pick PVE item it does the same based around the PVE end game gear whatever that may be. Then you may go spend you 5 medals on the missing gear you need etc. etc. I’m not going to go into much detail here as the possibilities are endless.

And same for defenders once you defend the base same applies.

There will be Valour awarded for the take of an Outpost

So there you go you took the first of the 5 command post.

Each command Post you take gives a Bonus to PVP and PVE, Example,

1 Enemy Command Post Gives + 5% speed to all crafting.

2 Enemy Command Post Gives + 5% to all valour earned.

3 Enemy Command Post Gives + 5% to all EXP earned in PVP and PVE

4 Enemy Command Post Gives + 5% to all damage done in PVP and PVE

5 Enemy Command Post Gives + 25% chance to see Rare items drop in PVP and PVE.

So take all 5 and you get some cool stuff.

Now just so you have even more reason to go and attack if you take 5/5 Command post it Opens up there Supreme Command Post.

Same as above but freaking huge and tons of guards and doors and stuff you get the idea.

And inside there is a weapon of mass destruction and if you manage to take that back to your Supreme command post and plug it in you get to Destroy the whole IMP or REP , Thus resetting Control of all command Post to there right full Owners and getting lots of valour and medals and gear ETC ETC ETC

Now this was long and lots of room for Improvement but it’s an Idea that would work.

In order for people to play and keep playing they need to have fun, and I think this would be fun and you would not get bored any time soon.

Counter Attacks, Decoy hits on outpost, Tactics open world PvP and much more there you go.

I hope this helps as a Point of what the game could be if they wanted it to.

Edited by usselmanj
miss spell

Ideas like this one are good and have seen the forus before. Still nothing from BW as to the state of pvp. Would be nice though but I think the damage was done today with the 1.3 vid containing nothing on pvp at all.

Ideas like this one are good and have seen the forus before. Still nothing from BW as to the state of pvp. Would be nice though but I think the damage was done today with the 1.3 vid containing nothing on pvp at all.

Yup i 100% agree with you I hit the UN-SUB butten today

Isn't this Dark Age of Camelot that your describing? Which I still consider the best pvp (rvr) game ever made.

that and in some extent Warhammer. It was a good system anyway. Giving some real, even minor, reward for oPvP is always a good thing in the long run and it is what makes PvP community on a server.

This PVP idea sounds really neat!

I haven't played many MMO's or many games but I'm sure it takes time to build on something like swtor. Give them time, and they will probably upgrade PVP. Up until now they've released pretty solid stuff.

This PVP idea sounds really neat!

I haven't played many MMO's or many games but I'm sure it takes time to build on something like swtor. Give them time, and they will probably upgrade PVP. Up until now they've released pretty solid stuff.

problem is they did not as long as we speak of PvP stuff. Only 3 WZs at the start + broken like hell open world PvP (Ilum). However, as much as broken Ilum was it was still nice place to practice your PvP skills without making your team rage.

that and in some extent Warhammer. It was a good system anyway. Giving some real, even minor, reward for oPvP is always a good thing in the long run and it is what makes PvP community on a server.

It resembles both and both were the best PvsP MMOs on the market. Or at least DAoC was and Warhammer could have been.

WTH developers refuse to copy anything other than WoW I have no idea.

Dont have time to fully read it right now. But when you mentioned, a planet has 5 command posts - with this idea you can move the warzone to a different planet every fortnight or so - each with its distinct landscapes and requiring a different battle plan every time.

The bonus for holding 4 bunkers is a bit over the top with the +5% damage bonus for PvP. Rest of it sounds fun!

Yah that was just a example, all the fine details would be sorted out maby 2% to all pvp and pve damage or 1 % just something to make it worth it.

Didn't the Devs (i.e. Mythic) of this game create DAoC? Didn't they also create Warhammer?

Well they say yes, but what I have seen in the PVP the truth is no. ( or they dint let those people speak)

If this game had half the pvp that DAOC had it would have the players and time to build on it.

I think all the people who did a good job on DAOC pvp have gone to NCSOFT and AREANANET for guild wars 2, the vids of it Ihave seen looks a lot like DAOC style PVP. But with a Guild Wars twist.

Edited by usselmanj
miss spell

The OP's idea sounds suspiciously like um...I don't know DAOC? Down to the added bonus for captures.

Yup, and as you remember the PVP in daoc was insane fun , lets be honest there just stealing other mmo's ideas anyways.

Isn't this Dark Age of Camelot that your describing? Which I still consider the best pvp (rvr) game ever made.

That was a game with a cult following yes but I doubt their plan is to spend as much money as they did in order to make a game for 100,000 people.

That was a game with a cult following yes but I doubt their plan is to spend as much money as they did in order to make a game for 100,000 people.

Yes but this game has alot more then 100k people and if it was even close to DAOC then 500k - 800k people makes it well worth the $$$

Unfortunately you used the words "in the long run"...

There is no "long run" for pvp in SWTOR. The people who would return have already pre-purchased GW2 and quite frankly, they've got an amazing game about to be released that was built with the sort of things you mention in mind from the start of development. Very few pvp'ers return to games no matter what adjustments are made, especially when another company is building a game with them specifically in mind. GW2 is being created specifically for people who enjoy world pvp and it'll be released in a matter of months. I honestly think the SWTOR team has seen the writing on the wall and aren't going to pursue pvp subscriptions from this point forward.

Unfortunately you used the words "in the long run"...

There is no "long run" for pvp in SWTOR. The people who would return have already pre-purchased GW2 and quite frankly, they've got an amazing game about to be released that was built with the sort of things you mention in mind from the start of development. Very few pvp'ers return to games no matter what adjustments are made, especially when another company is building a game with them specifically in mind. GW2 is being created specifically for people who enjoy world pvp and it'll be released in a matter of months. I honestly think the SWTOR team has seen the writing on the wall and aren't going to pursue pvp subscriptions from this point forward.

I pre-purchased GW2 specifically for world pvp. I only play swotor because 1) Its the only star wars based MMO and I love star wars, 2) It may get better in the future and if so I want to be ready for it. I plan to play GW2 and SWTOR until one of them serves my need for world pvp best. I imagine that if GW2 is drastically better than SWTOR for long enough even my star wars fix will go away. Its a race for me really, I wonder if I am alone on that.

I pre-purchased GW2 specifically for world pvp. I only play swotor because 1) Its the only star wars based MMO and I love star wars, 2) It may get better in the future and if so I want to be ready for it. I plan to play GW2 and SWTOR until one of them serves my need for world pvp best. I imagine that if GW2 is drastically better than SWTOR for long enough even my star wars fix will go away. Its a race for me really, I wonder if I am alone on that.

Yes every thing you just said is how I feel, I clicked my UN-SUB butten yesterday from star wars and Pre bought GW2 I hope it gives me the PVP I need in a game, I have been searching hard for last year year and and a half to replace the PVP that DAOC provided.

Yes every thing you just said is how I feel, I clicked my UN-SUB butten yesterday from star wars and Pre bought GW2 I hope it gives me the PVP I need in a game, I have been searching hard for last year year and and a half to replace the PVP that DAOC provided.

Trust me, they're on the right track with that game. You'll get to see it for yourself in the next few weeks since you'll have access to the second beta weekend event. DAOC players are coming out of the woodwork to play GW2.

I like your reward items with the exception of #4....+5% to damage. I think you need to be very careful with that kind of thing. The others are very neat. Also i know your examples were just that.

There are tons of very good ideas such as this. I know many are against Bioware atm however i actually have faith in them to sit down and go over ideas such as this and implement something that will work and not creat grieving and population decrease. I am not worried about this taking some time. The worst would be for them to just throw something together to try and please those who are in a hurry....and then have an exploit or situation they didn't see happen and really piss people off. Galaxies years ago had something kind of similar to what you suggested.

On a side not the most fun i ever had in open world pvp was destroying player bases :)