Force sweep for 4k dmg, how?

Thanatus

Saw a 49 twink running around smashing like mad last night. I don't parse and did not see a killing blow from smash from him but huge chunks of health went away when he hit. I would guess he did upwards of 5K, maybe even more in sub-50. I was on my scrapper so I was sure to shoot first when he would leap or if I saw him choking someone. Couldn't contain him. All I could do was try to be as annoying as possible. Was kind of fun, actually.

For reference, Scrapper is one of the best counters to lolsmash.

Ok, I guess it's just something I'll have to deal with...

Gearwise, what are the best stats to reduce the dmg dealt (for me as an operative). Would that be absorption and/or defense rating. As an operative healer, should I gear for more survivability (e.g. defense/absorption) or should I go for power/critical/surge to increase the healing numbers?

Thanks

Stack into power because it would also increase the amount absorbed by your shield probe (or so I've been told). Power also increases your healing done.

As stated before, never stack absorption if you're not using a shield. Defense rating only helps with ranged and melee abilities, force sweep is not one of those. So that's useless too.

this is understood, but it does randomly miss. Don't know why but it does.

If someone uses an accuracy debuff on you, that can make it miss. Many smashers skip accuracy completely in their gearing since they depend mostly on smash, so at 90% base accuracy they'll have 100% force accuracy. If say, a PT tank uses Oil Spill on you, your force accuracy will drop to 80%, meaning only a 4/5 chance to land your smashes.

Smash/Force sweep feats in the Focus tree are a joke. Force leap + Force stasis/choke the target to proc the buffs, then SMASHLOL = 5-7k hit on EVERYONE around the smashLOL monkey.

Smashmonkeys need to be nerfed.

Signed,

Vigilance Guardian

Edited by Tando-Fett

Smash/Force sweep feats in the Focus tree are a joke. Force leap + Force stasis/choke the target to proc the buffs, then SMASHLOL = 5-7k hit on EVERYONE around the smashLOL monkey.

Smashmonkeys need to be nerfed.

Signed,

Vigilance Guardian

This is the most honest thread here *almost*

There are lots of Guardian/Juggernaut players that can't actually pilot smash. They can go out to Ilum, and manage to hit a pack of goblins for a big smash, and say "OMG that's so easy", but they can't handle playing Smash in wzs.

and it makes them mad

and they are bitter about their lack of talent

and it makes them upset that they have to play in Sorseu or Shien form.

These are the loudest of all players against Focus/Rage spec.

Force leap + Force stasis/choke the target to proc the buffs...

You could do this too, but you need to have the training wheels of Unstoppable to be immune to CC after a force leap.

You are the one that made this choice.

Edited by KettleBelll

Hello, I'm just wondering how is this possible. A lvl 40 guardian hit me (lvl 34 op) for 4k single hit dmg with force sweep which has base dmg 714-779

screenshot

I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering how the math works ... thanks

Because the base damage for smash @ lvl 50 is closer to 1000-1100HP. Datacrons affect this number but I believe mine, without any gear, is 1053 (off the top of my head).

Since you are bolstered to 50, that is the appoximate attack rating. Gear adds a bit on top of this, but if he was running with say 60% crit multiplier, even at 1000HP.

1000*2 (4 stacks of Shockwave)= 2000>>>>

2000 * 1.9(Force Crit multiplier bonus + 60% from toon/gear )= 3800

His armor pen somewhat cancels your armor reduction.

So even without knowing his spec or stats, we are in the 4k range. There are also other classes capable of this. I hit someone for 4.2k on my level 35 sniper... Yes, I'm "twinked", but I have a Cyber/Art/Bio at level 400 and level outside of PvP, so sue me...:p

My 41lvl rage juggernaut has around 1300 base dmg for smash in wz with average gear (some advanced armorings and mods, some prototype etc) and smthng around 97% multipl. So, 3.5k smash is a standard hit. Didn't check it, but I'm sure I can do higher than that, especially if the target got some armor reduction.

Hello, I'm just wondering how is this possible. A lvl 40 guardian hit me (lvl 34 op) for 4k single hit dmg with force sweep which has base dmg 714-779

Base dmg on station and base dmg in wz r different.

Edit: not sure concerning 1300.. have to check it

Edited by yauhen_pt

There are lots of Guardian/Juggernaut players that can't actually pilot smash. They can go out to Ilum, and manage to hit a pack of goblins for a big smash, and say "OMG that's so easy", but they can't handle playing Smash in wzs.

You are just admitting to your lack of skill. The whole build relies on 1 OP ability, which is absurd.

I don't SMASHLOL because life becomes too easy, and I'm out of challenges already.

Enjoy regardless :jawa_biggrin:

Edited by Tando-Fett

Ok, I guess it's just something I'll have to deal with...

Gearwise, what are the best stats to reduce the dmg dealt (for me as an operative). Would that be absorption and/or defense rating. As an operative healer, should I gear for more survivability (e.g. defense/absorption) or should I go for power/critical/surge to increase the healing numbers?

Thanks

As an operative healer you should get your 2 piece pvp set bonus and never go back. Normally I would of added "until they fix pvp" but we have enough data now to safely saythese devs don't have a clue.

This is the most honest thread here *almost*

and it makes them mad

and they are bitter about their lack of talent

and it makes them upset that they have to play in Sorseu or Shien form.

These are the loudest of all players against Focus/Rage spec.

You could do this too, but you need to have the training wheels of Unstoppable to be immune to CC after a force leap.

You are the one that made this choice.

lol very funny post :)))

and i agree for sure ....

I'm just gonna drop this here,

for 3 days I played on focus spec, lemme tell you its boring as all hell, the worse 1 trick pony of all.

I'm completely min max´dd wh with some pieces of elite war hero mixed in as I'm min maxing ewh now..

For 3 days you min/maxed Surge and Power? *8k crits ftw haha*

Then you Min/maxed something else in 2 days or whatever, right? Or did you keep Surge and Power in your Vigilance spec? Or even better, tank spec.

*haha*

:(

Edited by Ycoga