Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why did you guys unban proven wintraders recently? What an absolute joke

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why did you guys unban proven wintraders recently? What an absolute joke

CrazyTough's Avatar


CrazyTough
02.25.2021 , 03:56 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_strikes View Post
I've had friends perma banned for far less and they don't get endless second chances

I play ranked within the rules

This locks legit players out of earning these rewards

This is unfair and it should infuriate anyone who plays this game within the rules. It cheats us out and the fact that we pay $15/mo for this? Unacceptable we should expect the devs to enforce the rules for all of us who play fairly
Let me enlighten you a little. I know the majority of the players banned and queue locked. I am in almost all the ranked discords on SF and DM. Your banning players little rant you are on is funny to watch. Every single person I know that is and was banned from ranked play on alt accounts. The ban is an inconvenience but has absolutely no effect on keeping the player banned out of ranked. They simply switch accounts, keep low key and queue ranked just like normal.

Personally I think the banning in ranked is foolishness. I think if someone like Jeezee or whatever his name is is using mechanical exploits and literally hacking the mechanics I think then and only then should bioware step in and ban them from playing. But to ban someone for toxicity and perceived win trading or queue sinking is foolish and dumb and also accomplishes nothing. And I know for a fact people this season have been banned who are not guilty of cheating. So even bioware when they ban players are a total mess.

Anyone who insists on banning players should either stick to regular pvp or maybe just consider not queueing for pvp at all period. Rather than trying to break the backs of players you don't like to accommodate your high standards or righteousness maybe you should consider doing the player base a favor and go do something that is more pleasant for you to do. Sitting here crying and screaming to ban everyone to me sounds like your the problem rather than the people you are crying about.

Pvp is competitive and stirs the emotions. Everyone who plays pvp is an mmorpg knows that. It nothing new. It is the norm. It always amazes me when these white knight types kick and scream to ban pvpers because they want it to be calm and docile is too funny.

Do not go to a biker bar and expect everyone to be dressed in suits and proper mannered. Could you imagine going into a biker bar and get infuriated about the bad language and inappropriate attire? Its no different than a white knight entering the pvp arena and then having a hissy fit when he is called trash by other players and demanding bioware to start banning players forever. Thats the absolute joke not unbanning pvp players you distaste. If you do not like the atmosphere then stay the heck out of the pvp queue. Just like if you do not like a rowdy crowd stay out of the biker bars. Rather than pestering the bikers, find yourself a jazz bar and leave everyone the heck alone.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.25.2021 , 05:10 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyTough View Post
Let me enlighten you a little. I know the majority of the players banned and queue locked. I am in almost all the ranked discords on SF and DM. Your banning players little rant you are on is funny to watch. Every single person I know that is and was banned from ranked play on alt accounts. The ban is an inconvenience but has absolutely no effect on keeping the player banned out of ranked. They simply switch accounts, keep low key and queue ranked just like normal.

Personally I think the banning in ranked is foolishness. I think if someone like Jeezee or whatever his name is is using mechanical exploits and literally hacking the mechanics I think then and only then should bioware step in and ban them from playing. But to ban someone for toxicity and perceived win trading or queue sinking is foolish and dumb and also accomplishes nothing. And I know for a fact people this season have been banned who are not guilty of cheating. So even bioware when they ban players are a total mess.

Anyone who insists on banning players should either stick to regular pvp or maybe just consider not queueing for pvp at all period. Rather than trying to break the backs of players you don't like to accommodate your high standards or righteousness maybe you should consider doing the player base a favor and go do something that is more pleasant for you to do. Sitting here crying and screaming to ban everyone to me sounds like your the problem rather than the people you are crying about.

Pvp is competitive and stirs the emotions. Everyone who plays pvp is an mmorpg knows that. It nothing new. It is the norm. It always amazes me when these white knight types kick and scream to ban pvpers because they want it to be calm and docile is too funny.

Do not go to a biker bar and expect everyone to be dressed in suits and proper mannered. Could you imagine going into a biker bar and get infuriated about the bad language and inappropriate attire? Its no different than a white knight entering the pvp arena and then having a hissy fit when he is called trash by other players and demanding bioware to start banning players forever. Thats the absolute joke not unbanning pvp players you distaste. If you do not like the atmosphere then stay the heck out of the pvp queue. Just like if you do not like a rowdy crowd stay out of the biker bars. Rather than pestering the bikers, find yourself a jazz bar and leave everyone the heck alone.
Got it, so what you’re saying is “you support people cheating” to get top positions in ranked.

CrazyTough's Avatar


CrazyTough
02.25.2021 , 05:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Got it, so what you’re saying is “you support people cheating” to get top positions in ranked.
I did not say that. I don't know why you have that in quotes because I did not say that. What my point is rather than entering an arena that in any mmorpg where there is pvp, it is extremely aggressive and an environment of high intense emotions why not do everyone a favor and DO NOT do it. I mean everyone on earth is tired of these light weight Twinkies trying to impose their moral high ground on a system that is going to be extremely emotional and is certain scenarios toxic. I mean seriously you have to wonder what the motive is with these same small group of people who constantly try to ban players and stir up trouble in a system by their own admission they do not like. If you do not like it leave us the heck alone.

I mean seriously can you imagine a trained fighter going into the MMA octagon and getting triggered when the other fighter taunts them and gets smashed. I mean can you imagine that and then crying saying that MMA is mean because they punch and kick and hurt people. Can you imagine that.

If you don't like the arena, stay the heck out of it. Its that simple. And as far as win trading it is very difficult to detect. First of all the queues are so random its hard to sink anymore. And because of people like this guy innocent people are getting banned because it is perceived they are trading when it is just bad skills and poor position management.

The 15 minute lockout in ranked really hurt traders and sinkers. By the way the second lockout is like 1 hour so the sinking trading bs is over. It is very tough to do now. As far as banning players it is total bullcrap unless they are doing thinks that manipulate the actual game system like fly hacking and things like jeezee was doing. But this toxic banning and all that crap is just that, crap. And bioware should knock it off. Nobody should get banned unless they are physically exploiting the game files or game mechanics.

All these bans did absolutely nothing to improve solo ranked. It is worse now than ever so the amount of bots has not been better but increased. So I have to conclude that the bans are more virtual signaling by bioware than a real attempt to make solo ranked better. The bans have zero effect.

Beyrahl's Avatar


Beyrahl
02.25.2021 , 07:07 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Llacertus View Post
Agreed. Being plat should mean something more than "hardcore wintrader". Just make sure the right people are banned. I've heard of a few ranked players getting banned for rules they didnt break.
It's ok, these top 3s that got removed are gone from the game. Instead of idk, going to the next person who should have gotten it? Whether the bans were right or wrong, why delete them instead of giving them to the next in line?

CrazyTough's Avatar


CrazyTough
02.25.2021 , 07:47 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Beyrahl View Post
It's ok, these top 3s that got removed are gone from the game. Instead of idk, going to the next person who should have gotten it? Whether the bans were right or wrong, why delete them instead of giving them to the next in line?
That's my point. The bans need to stop unless it is mechanical hacking exploit. Too much shady bs to pull apart. Wrong people getting banned, perps not getting banned that according to the very broad rules should. I say just stop the dam bans. Let the cards fall where they fall and build a hardened system like they have with the RNG being impossible to decipher and 15 minute to 1 day timeout for leaving. And if someone does not like that do not queue ranked and go somewhere else. This ban crap is out of control.

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
02.27.2021 , 05:27 PM | #16
It is true that you see many of the known players on new accounts. You can see it by looking at their achievements, which are just a few thousands. They just make a new account and it seems they are just playing for the thrill.

However, I am also the opinion that the top 3 should be removed and you should just keep platinum or gold for anyone that reaches it.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.27.2021 , 10:30 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyTough View Post
That's my point. The bans need to stop unless it is mechanical hacking exploit. Too much shady bs to pull apart. Wrong people getting banned, perps not getting banned that according to the very broad rules should. I say just stop the dam bans. Let the cards fall where they fall and build a hardened system like they have with the RNG being impossible to decipher and 15 minute to 1 day timeout for leaving. And if someone does not like that do not queue ranked and go somewhere else. This ban crap is out of control.
And what about wintraders? People who are actually cheating? You are saying they should be allowed to cheat

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
Today , 10:53 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyTough View Post
All these bans did absolutely nothing to improve solo ranked. It is worse now than ever so the amount of bots has not been better but increased. So I have to conclude that the bans are more virtual signaling by bioware than a real attempt to make solo ranked better. The bans have zero effect.
This is demonstrably not true. The queue on Star Forge drastically improved when educated squad got banned (along with the removal of vote kick). Because even though a lot of them kept queueing on alts, they couldn't be open about it, and they couldn't immediately return to their bullying, queue-manipulating ways. Same thing with Nikana. If he wasn't constantly being banned, he would go right back to acting like he did in previous seasons, but the bans keep him in check.

Your blatant support of wintrading and cheating is simply shameful. Your posts boil down to "it's part of the game, just accept it.' How about instead I report it every time I see and it and get the wrongdoers banned? What an absolute joke.

Quote: Originally Posted by Beyrahl View Post
It's ok, these top 3s that got removed are gone from the game. Instead of idk, going to the next person who should have gotten it? Whether the bans were right or wrong, why delete them instead of giving them to the next in line?
This is true. Bioware clearly should give top 3s to the next person in line when one gets banned. When an athlete gets stripped of an olympic medal, they give it to the next person. The reason Bioware doesn't do it can really only be laziness.