Should I drop Artiface for Biochem before I hit 50?

Foofer

I am an artifacer, level 19, 200 skill. Over a 150 in both archaeology and treasure hunting. With the state of things now I'm definitely going to switch to biochem when I hit 50, because artiface becomes useless at that point.

My question then, directed to those who have already been through the grind, is it worth it to stick with artifacing while leveling so I can keep myself well equipped, or would I get more benefit from switching to biochem now, and just using commendations to upgrade my lightsaber?

I'm a DPS juggernaught if that's important.

Well there's commendation vendors that sell blues all the way up to hilt 22, right? Blues aren't that much worse than purples. At 50 people say you can get a purple hilt 23 from the dailies on Ilum. You can't even buy the schematic for hilt 23 from your trainer. I hear even if you get the schematics for it, you have to raid to get the resources to build it.

That's why I'm switching.

Edited by Foofer

Well there's commendation vendors that sell blues all the way up to hilt 22, right? Blues aren't that much worse than purples. At 50 people say you can get a purple hilt 23 from the dailies on Ilum. You can't even buy the schematic for hilt 23 from your trainer. I hear even if you get the schematics for it, you have to raid to get the resources to build it.

That's why I'm switching.

Blues aren't that much worse than purples.

umm a 10 point diffrence is quite a bit.

you have to raid to get the resources to build it

No you dont, the materials come from standard 4man flashpoints not raids.

same could be said for biochems implants aswell.