" so worth it " purchases

Tachenko_Yuri

Moments in which you bought something, credit or coin-wise, which made the tor experience much much better over all. And who knows, maybe to give someone ideas about how to spend their stipend/extra credits lying around

Mine?

Peeled a revan statue off the GTN for 1.5 mil creds, and proceeded to unlock it via collection; now everyone of my toons, past and future ones, have a portable vendor.

so worth it. :p

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't realize you could lower the cooldown of fleet pass and quick travel as much as you could (for some reason, in my head it was only down to half of what it was) so when I finally did that I was in for a shock :)

A positive one, but still :D

But overall yeah, the best unlocks/purchases I have made in the game is the legacy cooldowns on QT and Fleet Pass together with Rocket Boots and pre-purchasing RotHC to get the Hutt Holostatue :)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

But overall yeah, the best unlocks/purchases I have made in the game is the legacy cooldowns on QT and Fleet Pass together with Rocket Boots and pre-purchasing RotHC to get the Hutt Holostatue :)

All of this plus the aforementioned Revan Holostatue. Beats the Field Medical Droids with their 15 minute cooldowns any day.

Also, ship unlocks. It's damn fine to browse the GTN on your own ship. A lot of other Legacy and Character Perks as well.

Early on, I unlocked ship GTN and Mail. It cost me a lot of credits at the time and I was very broke for a while considering I had been rich. There were no cartel coins back then.

Not a single regret since then however. Both the utilities are global unlocks and now that I have 14 toons, I have to say it was the best expenditure I've made to date.

Early on, I unlocked ship GTN and Mail. It cost me a lot of credits at the time and I was very broke for a while considering I had been rich. There were no cartel coins back then.

Not a single regret since then however. Both the utilities are global unlocks and now that I have 14 toons, I have to say it was the best expenditure I've made to date.

This plus Rocket Boots, makes the first planet a lot more fun. Also the collections unlock of my first adaptable speeder, meant I never had to buy another speeder, which saved a lot of credits in the long run.

Perhaps my collections unlock of my Recovered Hero's Armour too, it looks good on several characters, and with a careful dying looks different on each one too.

For credits:

-Rocket Boost unlock

-Someone priced the Series 212 Headpiece at 10,000 credits on the GTN, I assume by mistake since they usually go for between 100,000 - 1,000,000 on my server, now I'm just trying to get ahold of the Chestpiece to unlock the collection.

-Buying out all five or six Primal Blaster Rifle Besh auctions on the GTN when they were all up for 4,000-7,000 credits, then immediately turning around and putting all of them back up for 35,000 each (plus the two I was originally going to sell). Sold four at that price within 48 hours and then the rest within the week with the lowest price being a little over 20,000.

For CCs:

-First time I used my monthly stipend I bought two Cartel Packs and got the Overlord's Command Throne in the second one.

Edited by DarthDymond

I have spent a great deal of creds and coins over the past few months on mounts and packs, but none compare to how useful rocket boost with max cool down reduction and max quick travel CD reduction are. Those two things make leveling 1-10 so incredibly quick and painless. Not to mention how useful they are in areas like caves where you can't mounts. I would have to say those 2 things are the most "worth it" in the game.

Rocket boots, Quick travel cooldown, fleet pass cooldown, ship mail, ship GTN, accout wide max storage and max inventory space. ALL of these are so worth it. Also extra character slots. Buy them for 90 K to 150K and raise the number of alts you can have in one legacy!

Some other, less named stuff that I really enjoy on a daily basis:

The Kowakian Monkeylizard. No matter what colour you have, it's one of the best animated and best voiced pets. Those laughs it makes are so damn enjoyable I just can't help but crack up each and every time.

Mood: Disdained and Mood: Sly As an altoholic, I want my characters to look good and to have personality. These are my two favorites. Mood:annoyed is free and comes very close to disdained, but it's still a great facial expression to give your character. With the number of faces somewhat limited (HINT, bioware) it's a welcome addition to customization.

The Ikas Falchion account wide unlock. Damn cheap at less than 100 CC for an account wide unlock and there is no other vehicle that makes such a deliciously infernal racket when summoned! :D

Account wide Hawkeye crystals. No matter the colour, you owe it to yourself to get one of these. Now every character you ever make will have at least + 82 power, as well as all your companions. Forever.

The Revered Chronicler's set. Again a dirt cheap CC unlock for accout wide and I just cannot picture my Slinger in anything else but this set.

Off the GTN - most of the Red Blade's outfit (managed to get about three pieces in packs). I always wanted that after seeing it in game.

From the Cartel Market - I got the Revan Holostatue, and was able to get the Satele Shan statue on a couple of characters just by using reputation boosts from the packs, and a couple of certificates. Also managed to get one of those hovering seats for my consular, and some of Revan's outfit.

The Ikas Falchion account wide unlock. Damn cheap at less than 100 CC for an account wide unlock and there is no other vehicle that makes such a deliciously infernal racket when summoned! :D

would've done that also, if not for the fact that I can't keep the thing running for more than 10 seconds before my ears get messed up by the sound D: