Best Class

Walliee

This thread will either be very, very long, or very, very short.

Edit for usefulness: Depends on what kind of role you like to play (tank, heal, dps?). Do you prefer PVP or PVE? There are definitely some classes considered "overpowered" in PVP if you wanna go with flavor of the month. If you want what the majority seems to think is the best class, go with sage/sorcerer. (But I hope you don't, 'cuz there's enough of those already, lol.)

I recommend trying each of them out to maybe 15 or so, and see what you prefer.

Edited by Stenrik

Everything currently is viable in one way or another.

Maybe not spec wise, but each advanced class can perform fine.

My opinion:

Trooper/Bounty Hunter

Merc/Commando: Incredible damage when allowed to turret, much less damage when focused (they need to hardcast for damage)

Powertech/Vanguard: Strong melee class with ranged capabilities. Very tanky if specced correctly, and has good utility.

Imperial Agent/Smuggler

Gunslinger/Sniper: Similar to merc, but slightly less damage (due to it being weapon damage), can not be interrupted, and has imo better kiting capabilities

Scoundrel/Operative: Highest burst potential of any class, but very weak outside of the stealth opener.

Sith Inquisitor/Jedi Consular

Assassin/Shadow: Very high damage melee class, uses stealth but is very strong outside of it unlike the Operative/Scoundrel.

Sorcerer/Sage: Can be a DoT class or direct damage class. High sustained damage, lots of utility.

Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight

Marauder/Sentinel: Lacks a lot of control, but has very powerful cooldowns and pseudo-mortal strike debuff. Good sustained damage or burst damage depending on how you spec. Very few ranged capabilities.

Juggernaut/Guardian Similar to Marauder, but with much less of the cooldowns, and has some decent CC. More ranged capabilities, and very good damage. Subject to 10 yard kiting by ranged classes.

Quick 1-2 sentence summary of all of them.

If you want something easy and fun in low level warzones, Commando/Merc speced for Grav Shot/Tracer Missile.

The rotation is literally like 2 buttons

Edited by Faerox

• 2 months later...

I think that the sith warrior is the best class.

Storyline: You can shock Vette which I think is very entertaining(Yes I'm a sick man lol). You get a hot apprentice to bang. You can kill whoever you want and not get in trouble or sabotage your story. You also get to become the emperors wrath which has more power than the dark council does. Most important, you can be EVIL!

Battling: You get to literally jump into battle with force charge. The marader can do massive damage in both pve and pvp. The Juggernaut can make a good tank during pve but I don't know about pvp since everyone jumps on you. Cowards just stay back 30 feet with a gun or hide behind cover 30 feet back with a gun. The sith warrior jumps in and shows who the REAL boss is.

:mad::wea_03:

• 2 months later...
I have a19 mercenary and I won 12 duels and I lost only 3 duels.All classes are good.It depends on what kind of character do you like , your skill and how to use the ground in your advantage.Chose what you like and what you enjoy most but i suggest you to chose a mercenary:D because i personaly don t like tank.

• 3 months later...

I took a good, hard look at all of the classes and advanced classes, and i honestly think that the best of them all are the Powertech/Vanguard and the Sorc/Sage. The Powertech/Vanguard in PvE make great tanks (due to the ranged attacks, which in some cases help keep agro), and the fact that they can take a realy hard hit if spec'd in defence. In PvP, The DPS spec's, and even some Tank spec's, could completley change the tide of war in any of the Battlegrounds (depending on what you do in different situations). The Sorc/Sage in PvE have a great DPS output aswell as being the most powerfull healers (In my opinion). In PvP, They have a great set of abilities that help in battle. Force Sprint gives them mobility, while the Static/Force bubble can defend the user from attacks while they sit there and blow their cooldowns.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and this is just mine. Feel free to correct me!

:cool:

My opinion:

Imperial Agent/Smuggler

Gunslinger/Sniper: Similar to merc, but slightly less damage (due to it being weapon damage), can not be interrupted, and has imo better kiting capabilities

Scoundrel/Operative: Highest burst potential of any class, but very weak outside of the stealth opener.

Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight

Juggernaut/Guardian Similar to Marauder, but with much less of the cooldowns, and has some decent CC. More ranged capabilities, and very good damage. Subject to 10 yard kiting by ranged classes.

I would have to disagree with you about the Sniper when it comes to Damage. The Sniper actually does more damage than the Merc can possibly do. Also the Sniper has the longest range in the entire game (allowing you to hit opponents earlier than the Merc could who has to close the distance with the target). I also have to disagree with you on the Guardian. If your spec'd as a full Tank then your damage capability is much lower than you think. I have a level 16 Guardian and its Damage capability is very low compared to a DPS spec'd Guardian dispite having the best gear for its current level. And Juggernaut is not similar to Marauder in anyway. Closer to Guardian in a group setting but deffinately NOT similar to Marauder. However you are correct on the Guardian/Jugg having decent CC and very helpful ranged abilities.

There is no best class, but here are some of my opinions:

Marauders and Juggs are the highest dps in the game for PvE. Well primarily maruaders for PvE, but both do well. For PvP, no other class has as much damage potential as mara/jugg in rage spec.

-They are both somewhat difficult to master, more so for marauders than juggs.

-Both very gear dependant

Sorc / Assassin -

-I loooove pvp on my sorc, and it has only gotten better since 1.4. Sorcs are truly a power house now, and provide a ton of utility to boot.

-Assassin I don't care for so much, but a good assassin tank is absolutely game changing in PvP, especially huttball. So. damn. Good.

PT/Merc -

-Pyrotech Powertechs have the highest single target in the game, and they don't get screwed over completely by stuns like carnage marauders do. Great focus fire for PvP and PvE.

-Mercs I don't care for at all. Grav/Tracer spam is good, but it's very boring.

Operative/Sniper -

-Operatives are great healers in PvP, but they are no longer the kings - that goes to sorcs and their effing bubble stuns. great single target burst/disable - an operative bursting/stunning a healer with a pyrotech + marauder on them? dead in 2-3 seconds, sometimes less.

-Snipers are godly since 1.4. They do great damage, and sadly most players that I have seen do not utilize them to their fullest. Snipers are a great class, and I'm kind of waiting for an amazing one to come along at this point.