Official Confirmation Please - Ati Fps

thewake

Hi all,

Like many I am having big problems with fps and my ATI card. My specs are:

Amd quad Phenom 2.2ghz

4gb Ram

Radeon 9770 hd

I have tried all if the solutions posted on this forum with no luck, my fps is always around 15fps. What gets me is that this is true whether I am on high or low settings. I have even tried every setting in the catalyst control center, being on Vista I don't have the feature to assign a program to use the high performance mode so that is the only thing I could not try.

What I am really after is an official confirmation that this has been acknowledged as a known bug, and whenwe might expect a solution?!

Thanks, TheWake

Running the game on an i5 750 / Radeon 5850 / 12Go DDR3 on max settings with anisotropic filtering forced to x16 and AA forced to x2 using RadeonPro and my FPS score varies from 30FPS to 60FPS (v-sync actvated). So no prob on my side. Edited by EmmanuelFR

Running the game on an i5 750 / Radeon 5850 / 12Go DDR3 on max settings with anisotropic filtering forced to x16 and AA forced to x2 using RadeonPro and my FPS score varies from 30FPS to 60FPS (v-sync actvated). So no prob on my side.

Is that information relevant? You've got a totally different system than the original poster :rak_confused:

Radeon 9770 hd ??

i thought radeon is at 6970 atm :D

i guess you mean 6770 ..

i got no problems ..60 - 100 fps all the time

on 1920 and all on high

i5,hd 6950,16 gb ram

i guess you need more ram maybe ? ...

whats with the drivers? up to date?

i read about forcing AA helps some people..

Edited by angrYdog

Hi all,

Amd quad Phenom 2.2ghz

4gb Ram

Radeon 9770 hd

I have tried all if the solutions posted on this forum with no luck, my fps is always around 15fps. What gets me is that this is true whether I am on high or low settings. I have even tried every setting in the catalyst control center, being on Vista I don't have the feature to assign a program to use the high performance mode so that is the only thing I could not try.

What I am really after is an official confirmation that this has been acknowledged as a known bug, and whenwe might expect a solution?!

Thanks, TheWake

Im in the same boat as you, try to turn off shadows, it improve greatly for me, also turning off grass it helps futher, I think this is lack of fully optimization for ATI cards. also there is ATI Drivers released on the 13th December a few days ago ( when EGA started) i sugest you install those as well. Note that this solve the lag issues, but you will get 20, 30 FPS as well. But at least is playable.

The thing is even with those specs, the game should have run fine, but it doesnt. That or they lied/Mistake about system requirements.

But my system is AtI radeon 4530HD , 4GBRAM, core duo 2.1 win 7 64 Bits But my guess is you gráphic card is seriously outdated.

Edited by Spartanik

I've used both an ATI and nVidia card with this game and can confirm that the game works much, much better with nVidia. This is rather typical though for games, as nVidia offers more support to developers. ATI had a lot of glitches and problems while playing, but those same issues didn't appear while using the nVidia card.

Hi all,

Amd quad Phenom 2.2ghz

4gb Ram

Radeon 9770 hd

Thanks, TheWake

I don't think your gpu is quite fast, plus you're on vista so idk why you bother playing. Get windows 7 64bit and a better gpu.

You have problem with your ATI card, AND YOUR SHOCKED?

There is a reason why ATI has about 30% of the market. But gets 5 times as many cards sent for repair then nvidia.

Buy Nvidia :p

I'm using ATI cards for over a decade and never had a single problem. Stop the propaganda.

You need more RAM. If you are running windows 7 32bit, your computer is only registering 2.7 gigs. If you are using windows 64bit, your PC is using 34% of your ram all the time.

I think getting more RAM would solve your issue. Maybe.

4GB of Ram is more then enough to run well any game in the market... besides that wont mean squat if is CPU and GPU cant handle that Much RAM.

If he is with 32bits, he should install Win7 at 64 bits, to able the system to use fully 4GB.

i run on my laptop with ati 5730m

8gb ram

win 7 x64

core i7 740

with shadows off i get about 25-50 fps everywhere

most settings on medium/high

so it could be driver related ?

The problem is that My specs arent nearly as good as yours, and i was able to run the beta on max settings with reasonable FPS. Now that doesnt happen. Edited by Spartanik

4GB of Ram is more then enough to run well any game in the market... besides that wont mean squat if is CPU and GPU cant handle that Much RAM.

If he is with 32bits, he should install Win7 at 64 bits, to able the system to use fully 4GB.

I was going on the assumption he has a 6770 HD since 9770 does not exist. The 6770 can pretty much handle the game with good FPS. Honestly, you can never go wrong with upgrading your RAM properly, cheapest big upgrade you can do to your rig.

Is that information relevant? You've got a totally different system than the original poster :rak_confused:

Its relevant because the topic was made as relevant to ATI.

The 9700 series of video cards release back in 2002 or around there. You would likely see similar fps performance on a GeForce 4.. which was released around the same time.

I have two system one with an ATI(amd) 6950 and the other has a 570 gtx (evga base model). All other hardware is the same... the nvidia card gets slightly higher maximum fps but overall the performance is pretty much the same.

That's just my personal experience. My monitors default resolution is 2560 x 1440 so that's what I play at (for reference).