Ranked PvP

MelliMelon

EDIT: Updated as of 6/11

Here is the ... semi-official Begeren Colony thread for organizing ranked PvP. If you have a team, post when you'd like to queue and the degree of competition you seek, and let's keep ranked alive!

Currently, the only scheduled ranked night (that I know of) is Friday evenings.

Other ranked can be pre-arranged. Post on this thread if there's a time that your guild likes to queue. I think the big team leaders at this time are the following, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. If you want to do ranked, contact some of the below people!

Feken (Infamous)

Myrmedon/Slade (Retaliation)

Mey/Jaadis/Approxy (Illegal Test Kitchen)

Kaos (Dead on Arrival)

Fluxs (Ascension)

Also... I always want to do ranked. Send me an invite on any of my characters and I can probably either find a team or join a team.

Edited by MelliMelon

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks OG, it was fun to play some competitive matches. They were all close even though you had to scramble a bit for a team. And yeah the Black Brosectors are awesome but my favorite part was actually taking you down a few times. You're pretty much unkillable in solo queue, and it was nice to see people save stuns for that pesky Reactive Shield :p

P.S., fewer Sentinels next time pl0x. Tanking heart attack!

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping an old thread so that

1. We don't make Scyn pull out his hair with unrelated talk on his thread.

and

2. We can talk more about ranked matches!

I, for one, am appreciative every time we get talk of another team queueing up for ranked. It's unfortunate that we can't always get enough (of the right combo of) people together to put together a team. And as Val mentioned, GD has been running different OPs three nights a week lately, which pulls from our ability to put together a team.

In any case, keep up the work, we'll try to let pub side know when we're putting together a team, and keep letting us know!

For the record, GD is doing OPs on Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays. WTB more 10pm PST ranked matches. >.>

Yes, but when we have a team set up imps dont Q ranked. Its not always because theyre raiding either, sometimes I dont even know whats up but they just wont get a ranked team together. However, when we decide to do regular warzones while we wait for another pub team to be set up or something we see full 8 man premades beating on pugs. :confused:

I, for one, am appreciative every time we get talk of another team queueing up for ranked. It's unfortunate that we can't always get enough (of the right combo of) people together to put together a team. And as Val mentioned, GD has been running different OPs three nights a week lately, which pulls from our ability to put together a team.

It's those damned PVE people, amiright.

. WTB more 10pm PST ranked matches. >.>

Hear hear. Sleep is for the weak. As I said in the other thread until I remembered I had resolved to be good, you guys need to stay up later! Imps need to do more late nights too, but they don't have this obsessive focus on sufficient sleep that has been getting in the way of good matches. :p

Emulate Desi! Great PVPer and perfectly PVP-conductive sleep schedule!

Edited by stringcat

I know what you are talking about this week, if that is what you are referencing.

Yeah, some of us wanted to, others didn't. If we can't get the healers and tanks, we just can't. Some people that night just wanted their daily done and to be finished. Yeah, it was disappointing for those who wanted to do ranked, but it is what it is. Most of us will gladly queue up against you guys when we know a team is out there. You guys had a strong team that night. I know, my operative is still hurting from it! :p

Don't give up the hope! Keep letting us know!

It'd be nice if we could set up same rated warzones. We have a lot of great players on the server and it'd be nice if we could set up some teams to go against each other. It's often hard to have the same 8 people on all the time, so it'd be cool if we could figure out some sort system to get more people into rateds. If their could be some collaboration between group leaders, I am sure we could come to some sort of an agreement and maybe get some boosted interest. I know people don't like to loose, but maybe, with more interest, we could actually get some good matches instead of the occasional good unranked match. People would gear faster and we might have some semblance of a BC presence when rated warzones finally do go cross server.

If ranked teams are getting together and looking for a healer, hit me up. My guild doesn't have a strong PvP presence so any ranked I can get in will be piggy backing on with other groups, but playing with skilled players is always more fun than a roflstomp (read: "I like playing with skilled players", not that I'm all that skilled).

Moco.

Black Sun's goal is to be que'ing for ranked one week from this coming Monday.

We'll probably end up que'ing every Monday and/or Thursday

We still have some work to do and we're behind since we just formed our guild but we look forward to joining the circuit

Oola and I (Elisean) would love to get into some ranked games, but we have a guild of 2.5 (the .5 is our Imp guild leader). If things are being scheduled in advance and there are spots open for us unaffiliated, well... Wahoo!?

--Me

Just a few things I wanted to bring up about the current warzones

There seem to be only two warzones that are exploit free at the moment and that is Voidstar and Hutball (even though hutball can appear glitchy when pulling someone to you or when they force leap it will sometimes appear as though they have fallen when in fact they have not) Civil War some have been using the /stuck option to get to speeders and defend snow and grass without to much trouble(when I leave 6 attackers at snow and catch the run speed buff while going underneath mid to grass and they have 6 defenders somethings is wrong likewise I have seen our Imps use this as well). In Novair players have been capturing bunkers while inside walls. These two games are part of ranked game play and can be exploited.

A fix needs to be put in place for Civil War hopefully when 1.6 is released. The Wall bug from Novair seems to have shown itstelf with 1.5 so hopefully this will be fixed as well.

Another thing I wanted to bring up more from the stand point of all our guilds as a whole is you really should field your best group and not make rules as to who can bring what classes because if cross server Ranked warzones do come other servers will not ask you what they can bring or what you should bring.

If you have played Wow and done any Arena's you know that having your best team online when you want them to be doesn't always happen. In those cases others of equal skill from the guild can step in and take their place hence the reason it's good to practice with everyone not the same 3 people week in and week out. Ultimately you have the option to not queue if you don't feel you are putting your best foot forward.

Off Topic

We have also heard a lot of talk about upset guilds and players saying all x and y guild can do is beat up on pugs in warzones. This is how guilds/friends practice we run into other groups all the time and we have some good competetive matches. I think this should be a non issue in any game, premade groups are going to happen for PVP if PVP is an option. It's kind of like saying don't raid as a guild because it's not fair to the players who don't have a guild....

anyway that was my 2 cents :)

Off Topic

We have also heard a lot of talk about upset guilds and players saying all x and y guild can do is beat up on pugs in warzones. This is how guilds/friends practice we run into other groups all the time and we have some good competetive matches. I think this should be a non issue in any game, premade groups are going to happen for PVP if PVP is an option. It's kind of like saying don't raid as a guild because it's not fair to the players who don't have a guild....

This opened my eyes. Thank you dashara.

Just a few things I wanted to bring up about the current warzones

There seem to be only two warzones that are exploit free at the moment and that is Voidstar and Hutball (even though hutball can appear glitchy when pulling someone to you or when they force leap it will sometimes appear as though they have fallen when in fact they have not) Civil War some have been using the /stuck option to get to speeders and defend snow and grass without to much trouble(when I leave 6 attackers at snow and catch the run speed buff while going underneath mid to grass and they have 6 defenders somethings is wrong likewise I have seen our Imps use this as well). In Novair players have been capturing bunkers while inside walls. These two games are part of ranked game play and can be exploited.

A fix needs to be put in place for Civil War hopefully when 1.6 is released. The Wall bug from Novair seems to have shown itstelf with 1.5 so hopefully this will be fixed as well.

Another thing I wanted to bring up more from the stand point of all our guilds as a whole is you really should field your best group and not make rules as to who can bring what classes because if cross server Ranked warzones do come other servers will not ask you what they can bring or what you should bring.

If you have played Wow and done any Arena's you know that having your best team online when you want them to be doesn't always happen. In those cases others of equal skill from the guild can step in and take their place hence the reason it's good to practice with everyone not the same 3 people week in and week out. Ultimately you have the option to not queue if you don't feel you are putting your best foot forward.

Off Topic

Very well said Dash. ;) more like $1.50 :p

Ranked warzones is something I've been advocating since day 1. We as a server need to progress forward to actually engaging on some weekly thing or even a few days a week. Time and time again I've only heard excuses and unmotivated individuals.

What happened in the past is irrelevant, you are only as good as your current team can take you. So buck up, team up, and start q'ing for ranked warzones. Just an FYI, this is pre-season. The current rating will most likely be wiped come Season 1 so worrying about rating really shouldn't be an issue.