Gaming Budget Essentials.

soletnsol

So, i've been a gamer for 11 years, starting at 11 and getting into mmo's at 13. I've been a FPS pro/semi gamer. A Competitive sponsored End Game raider of WoW for 7 years. In the last two~3 years mmo's have gotten fairly bad. To put it straight all the attempts at innovation have failed to do anything but replicate WoW or older designs like GW / Lineage...etc.

So, Swtor marks the regeneration of the MMORPG genre. This game is a TRUE MMORPG. The RPG factor in this game will keep you playing with a friend for weeks on end, or the pve/pvp of the end game will drive you to rush ahead and grind out gear quickly to enjoy the content.

Whatever your style is, you need the right tech gear!

I'm playing a Sith Juggernaut and i have 20+ skills that i need to use at any given time whether in both pvp or pve. I tried to deal with it using alt / ctrl hotkeys but after awhile its just down right inconsistent, the constant stretching of fingers all over the keyboard will actually drag your game play down a notch.

On that note i introduce the Razor NAGA

The main attraction to this mouse are the 12 thumb buttons on its side that can be adjusted to react to either your NUM PAD or Regular QWERTY # keys. Having these buttons will change your gaming experience not with just Swtor but any mmorgp you intend on playing.

This mouse is perfectly capable for FPS gaming as well, if you're like me and you like to play both types. I have a separate Logitech G500 for hardcore fpsing, but if i just want to chill out the Naga does fine.

(At 5600 DPI its perfectly good at FPS games)

The Naga also happens to have a very ergonomic design. Maybe it has to do with my sexy hands but when i put my hand over the razor Naga my palm has a...palmgasm.

Budget Headset!!

If you're a heavy duty gamer like me you've broken your fair share of headsets.

Remember putting on your headset one day and you realize the right side of your headset doesn't work? How about taking off your headset after hours of gaming and snap goes the top of your headset.......yeah. This is a coming problem.

Wires in headsets, twist. The "Pliable Plastic" Headband snaps. This is just the way it goes for gamers. However other then wearing a custom made helmet with a 7.1 surround sound speaker set installed within nothing will beat having a nice pair of headsets.

300 dollars for a set of BOSE headsets ***? Yeah they're great but in the end they'll break apart too if you happen to be a hardcore gamer. The way God or evolution formed our heads, they weren't made for headsets to simply slide on and off. No we had to have external ears. MAJOR design flaw IMO (********s on the outside is a also a flaw). SO you constantly have to bend your headsets outwards to take them off and doing this constantly will inevitably end up in your headsets breaking.

So here are your options, you either find a really really old headset with actual metal on the top, you can go buy a 5 dollar headset and just replace it every time it breaks, OR you can take my experience into account and buy the Turtle Beach X11 headsets.

I've had plantronics, logitechs, Siberias, Bose........the list goes on. Guess what they all broke. Believe me most of them were in the 80~200 dollar USD price range. So i got fed up with it, i looked all over the interwebs for guidance from supposed "tech gurus". In the end they're full of ****. They write reviews for side money or as an actual job, they're delicate with their terminologies and they DEFINITELY don't play games 5+ hours a day. So as a said hardcore gamer i went out in search for the perfect headset.

The requirements were:

5.1 + surround side capabilities.

Bass

Good non static-y mic.

Comfortable

Durable.

And i found the turtlebeach x11.

There is no leather on the ear cups or top, its not encrusted with diamonds and chrome. Instead its extremely light, they don't clinch your head. (I would know i have a big *** head) They have great sound, and the mic is clear and the driver comes with noise cancellation as a bonus! I've had one for around 4 months now and it hasn't gone deaf on one side, and it hasn't snapped yet. Sure its mostly plastic however the way its made, i don't know.....it kinda floats on your head there's not much bending required on it to remove it from your head.

Also, i bought mine refurbished from ebay. Let me teach some noob consumers something. If an item is "Manufacturer Refurbished" it means its most likely better then a new piece of tech. The reasoning? It's inspected by the manufacturer's technicians. They look all over it, fix anything wrong with it and it comes out tweaked to perfection from the people with the blueprints.(Both my LG/Samsung 23 inch monitors are refurbished and are freaking perfect and sexy FYI) AND THE BIG PRIZE, refurbished items are cheaper then brand new items. My turtle beach x11's were only 30 dollars compared to the retail price of 60, i got 50% off.....

Keyboards.....

Go buy a 10 dollar keyboard with a wire, don't go wireless its stupid.

Anyway i was bored and figured some people out there are running around with broken tech. GL

~Deitic

Edited by soletnsol

A Competitive sponsored End Game raider of WoW for 7 years.

I stopped reading right here at what is obviously a lie. Can you even name the end-game raids that were in WoW 7 years ago? 2 months after it launched...

:rolleyes:

"Sponsored End Game raider" in an MMO that just launched and had little to no end-game content at the time... Funny stuff.

So, i've been a gamer for around 9 years now i'm 22 so i started when i was 11. I've been a FPS pro/semi gamer. A Competitive sponsored End Game raider of WoW for 7 years. In the last two~3 years mmo's have gotten fairly bad. To put it straight all the attempts at innovation have failed to do anything but replicate WoW or older designs like GW / Lineage...etc.

So, Swtor marks the regeneration of the MMORPG genre. This game is a TRUE MMORPG. The RPG factor in this game will keep you playing with a friend for weeks on end, or the pve/pvp of the end game will drive you to rush ahead and grind out gear quickly to enjoy the content.

Whatever your style is, you need the right tech gear!

I'm playing a Sith Juggernaut and i have 20+ skills that i need to use at any given time whether in both pvp or pve. I tried to deal with it using alt / ctrl hotkeys but after awhile its just down right inconsistent, the constant stretching of fingers all over the keyboard will actually drag your game play down a notch.

On that note i introduce the Razor NAGA

The main attraction to this mouse are the 12 thumb buttons on its side that can be adjusted to react to either your NUM PAD or Regular QWERTY # keys. Having these buttons will change your gaming experience not with just Swtor but any mmorgp you intend on playing.

This mouse is perfectly capable for FPS gaming as well, if you're like me and you like to play both types. I have a separate Logitech G500 for hardcore fpsing, but if i just want to chill out the Naga does fine.

(At 5600 DPI its perfectly good at FPS games)

The Naga also happens to have a very ergonomic design. Maybe it has to do with my sexy hands but when i put my hand over the razor Naga my palm has a...palmgasm.

Budget Headset!!

If you're a heavy duty gamer like me you've broken your fair share of headsets.

Remember putting on your headset one day and you realize the right side of your headset doesn't work? How about taking off your headset after hours of gaming and snap goes the top of your headset.......yeah. This is a coming problem.

Wires in headsets, twist. The "Pliable Plastic" Headband snaps. This is just the way it goes for gamers. However other then wearing a custom made helmet with a 7.1 surround sound speaker set installed within nothing will beat having a nice pair of headsets.

300 dollars for a set of BOSE headsets ***? Yeah they're great but in the end they'll break apart too if you happen to be a hardcore gamer. The way God or evolution formed our heads, they weren't made for headsets to simply slide on and off. No we had to have external ears. MAJOR design flaw IMO (********s on the outside is a also a flaw). SO you constantly have to bend your headsets outwards to take them off and doing this constantly will inevitably end up in your headsets breaking.

So here are your options, you either find a really really old headset with actual metal on the top, you can go buy a 5 dollar headset and just replace it every time it breaks, OR you can take my experience into account and buy the Turtle Beach X11 headsets.

I've had plantronics, logitechs, Siberias, Bose........the list goes on. Guess what they all broke. Believe me most of them were in the 80~200 dollar USD price range. So i got fed up with it, i looked all over the interwebs for guidance from supposed "tech gurus". In the end they're full of ****. They write reviews for side money or as an actual job, they're delicate with their terminologies and they DEFINITELY don't play games 5+ hours a day. So as a said hardcore gamer i went out in search for the perfect headset.

The requirements were:

5.1 + surround side capabilities.

Bass

Good non static-y mic.

Comfortable

Durable.

And i found the turtlebeach x11.

There is no leather on the ear cups or top, its not encrusted with diamonds and chrome. Instead its extremely light, they don't clinch your head. (I would know i have a big *** head) They have great sound, and the mic is clear and the driver comes with noise cancellation as a bonus! I've had one for around 4 months now and it hasn't gone deaf on one side, and it hasn't snapped yet. Sure its mostly plastic however the way its made, i don't know.....it kinda floats on your head there's not much bending required on it to remove it from your head.

Also, i bought mine refurbished from ebay. Let me teach some noob consumers something. If an item is "Manufacturer Refurbished" it means its most likely better then a new piece of tech. The reasoning? It's inspected by the manufacturer's technicians. They look all over it, fix anything wrong with it and it comes out tweaked to perfection from the people with the blueprints.(Both my LG/Samsung 23 inch monitors are refurbished and are freaking perfect and sexy FYI) AND THE BIG PRIZE, refurbished items are cheaper then brand new items. My turtle beach x11's were only 30 dollars compared to the retail price of 60, i got 50% off.....

Keyboards.....

Go buy a 10 dollar keyboard with a wire, don't go wireless its stupid.

Anyway i was bored and figured some people out there are running around with broken tech. GL

~Deitic

Mouse: I prefer my RAT 7. Got burned by Razer scroll wheels going bad. The RAT feels a lot nicer too.

Headsets: I have no opinion here, I own my home and use surround speakers when I play. I have a USB headset when I need to voice chat during a game, but I rarely use it.

Keyboards: Definitely didn't go budget here. Logitech G19 and G13. Wouldn't go back to budget keyboards for anything. I'd rather use a pad like the G13 than have a bunch of buttons on my mouse like on the Naga. Much less confusing and more comfortable.

I stopped reading right here at what is obviously a lie. Can you even name the end-game raids that were in WoW 7 years ago? 2 months after it launched...

"Sponsored End Game raider" in an MMO that just launched and had little to no end-game content at the time... Funny stuff.

Lol you think vanilla WoW wasn't sponsored? WoW innovated the PVE experience in north america. My sponsorship started from a local PC room to a national sponsor. Just because you've never expanded past lans doesn't mean the world is limited to your views.

BTW do you even understand what it is to be sponsored gamer? If you don't hit me back i'll explain it to you.

A Competitive sponsored End Game raider of WoW for 7 years.

BTW do you even understand what it is to be sponsored gamer? If you don't hit me back i'll explain it to you.

Odds are I know a lot more about it then you do.

Just for the record, WoW did NOT launch with any real end-game raid content. So if you can prove anyone was sponsored to do something that didn't even exist two months after WoW launched, I dare you to post it here.

Prove me wrong rather then acting like you know better.

P.S. Lets see your page, and sponsor lists. I'd love to see it. Facebook, Twitter? Anything?

Edited by Kazmtyh

The Razer Naga is a piece of junk in my opinion. It was designed for someone with short fingers, medium sized hands, and a thumb that is as long as their index finger.

Last time I checked a chimpanzee was the only species that had a hand that could operate that mouse and still reach all the buttons comfortably.