Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Main stats for Mara?

Fiqh
02.16.2018 , 07:17 PM | #1
What are the main stats for carnage. And how do I burst someone down. I picked Carnage for the big crit potential. So far its underwhelming to say the least.

captainwesson
02.16.2018 , 11:23 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiqh View Post
What are the main stats for carnage. And how do I burst someone down. I picked Carnage for the big crit potential. So far its underwhelming to say the least.
A few questions to help clarify what information you are wanting:

1. What main stats are you referring to? It's all Mastery now, they got rid of separate main stats years ago. So Mastery is your main; Power is secondary; and Accuracy, Critical, and Alacrity is tertiary.

2. Big burst potential for what content? PvE, or PvP?

3. What level are you currently?

Fiqh
02.17.2018 , 09:53 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by captainwesson View Post
A few questions to help clarify what information you are wanting:

1. What main stats are you referring to? It's all Mastery now, they got rid of separate main stats years ago. So Mastery is your main; Power is secondary; and Accuracy, Critical, and Alacrity is tertiary.

2. Big burst potential for what content? PvE, or PvP?

3. What level are you currently?
II'm level 55. Burst for PvP. And I guess I am asking for secondary stats then. A youtube tutorial I watched insisted Carnage Mara need a lot alacrity.

zorngodofall
02.17.2018 , 02:19 PM | #4
It depends on the spec. For carnage you want 1450/1550/1650 because of the inbuilt alacrity boost. 1450 ia for the threshold of 1.3 GCD's. 1550/1650 is for lowering the CD of ferocity but i haven't found conclusive evidence one way or another. Have ran 1450 for ages though and trying 1550 atm.

Carnage works on burst windows with berserk and ferocity giving you 3 stacks while use massacre as filler and the smaller burst window of vicious throw and devestating while you build more stacks.

It's one of the best burst specs, it has a 60 apm requirement making it one of the most challenging specs in game to learn. How exactly has it been underwhelming?

memerobot
02.18.2018 , 03:53 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by zorngodofall View Post
How exactly has it been underwhelming?
It's easy. Ask any top mara. They will answer the same as I will now. Devs gutted it.

RACATW
02.18.2018 , 12:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiqh View Post
Carnage was nerfed into the grave , as any decent (ex-carnage) player will tell you.

captainwesson
02.18.2018 , 03:34 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
Carnage was nerfed into the grave , as any decent (ex-carnage) player will tell you.

Nerfed, yes. But still viable. Grim still plays his carnage I believe, he does pvp quite often. He would be a good source for you to talk to, OP.

I love mine, but mainly PvE now, and don't know the intricacies of the PvP side of things anymore.

zorngodofall
02.18.2018 , 08:30 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by memerobot View Post
It's easy. Ask any top mara. They will answer the same as I will now. Devs gutted it.
its underwhelming in pve if you aren' good at it, it's great in pvp thanks to the stat change. For pve, here's the thing, it's a 60 APM spec with lowish parsing ability. If you're not good at it to begin with, it sucks. Am currently 22/26 nim as carnage though, so its perfectly viable