Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder/Sentinel Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Marauder/Sentinel Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Raansu
07.13.2015 , 03:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
Every other class has pages of replies to their topic, but we don't. I think we've all realized there's no point in sharing feedback that will just be ignored just when the 3.0 PTS launched, but go ahead EA. Prove us wrong. I dare you. I would say you can't do any worse, but I know better.
Like I said in my first post. This thread is going to be pretty bitter lol.

Kadra
07.13.2015 , 03:37 PM | #12
Speaking from the Annihilaton point of view:
I believe the 6th tier set bonus is a bit out of place. I would advocate for a flat damage increase to Annihilation, if anything, rather than give it an autocrit once a minute. There might be other ways to go, but the current autocrit just doesn't seem right. It does give a damage increase, however slight it might be, but it introduces some awkwardness, unpredictability even over the course of long boss fights with adds, if you know what I mean. Wonder what Oofalong or Ardarell would say.

azudelphi
07.13.2015 , 03:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Like I said in my first post. This thread is going to be pretty bitter lol.
Bugattiboy is also wrong. Out of all the specs set bonus threads, at the time I write this, only 3 others have more than 1 page of replies...
Former Member of Squadron 367 - . = God
Seriously, who would shamelessly promote a Suggestion Thread in their signature? Armor Effects Star Fortress - Recharge Terminals Episodic Content - Episodic Operations
Here is the info: Referal Info - Here is the link: Referal Link

jauvtus
07.13.2015 , 03:56 PM | #14
I dont understand 1 thing: why do you need our feedback to ignore us? Cant you just ignore us without us writing pages about what our class needs, or is it more funny that we write so much yet you still just go with your useless ideas and fixes? Have you not noticed that WE DONT LIKE WHAT YOU DID TO OUR CLASS! Noone likes the new playstyles, what do we need to do to use a time machine and revert us back to 2.X???

LukeArvin
07.13.2015 , 04:02 PM | #15
The Sentinel needs some resistance to constant CC especially as a melee class. Borrowing a page from the Guardian's playbook would be welcome. I think immunity to stuns after force leap and finishing the CD on force leap with saber throw would be a welcome change. This would provide a nice buff to Combat especially which relies on a 3 sec Precision window.
These reforms would be very useful in a boss fight where I need to leap out of a circle, or defend the healer from yet another trash mob.

Proposed Level 60 Set Bonuses:
2-Piece: Zealous Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Additionally, Force Leap / Charge grants immunity to stuns knock-backs and all CC for 5 sec.

4-Piece: Saber Throw finishes the cooldown on Force Leap. Additionally, activating Berserk or Zen increases movement speed by 15% and all damage dealt by 3% for 10 seconds.

6-Piece: Lowers the cool-down of Valorous Call by 30 seconds. Additionally, activating Ravage, Master Strike, Dual Saber Throw, or Twin Saber Throw will grant Weaponmaster's/Challenger's Critical Bonus making your next Vicious Throw, Furious Strike and Annihilate or Dispatch, Concentrated Slice and Merciless Slash critically hit. This effect can't occur more than once every minute.

Raansu
07.13.2015 , 04:16 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by jauvtus View Post
I dont understand 1 thing: why do you need our feedback to ignore us? Cant you just ignore us without us writing pages about what our class needs, or is it more funny that we write so much yet you still just go with your useless ideas and fixes? Have you not noticed that WE DONT LIKE WHAT YOU DID TO OUR CLASS! Noone likes the new playstyles, what do we need to do to use a time machine and revert us back to 2.X???
It would be great if they miraculously listened to us and gave us 2.10 annihilation in the expansion. I don't see it happening but one can dream.

gaboost
07.13.2015 , 04:49 PM | #17
All these 2% dmg increase and autocrit bonuses are awfully boring and don't make much sense in some cases.

-These autocrits can result in someone getting globaled in 3 seconds in arenas where there's no tanks and every dps is focusing 1 target.
-The 2% dmg increase ... ZZzzz

Here's a list of the nice and fun bonuses that are already in game:

-Reduces the minimum range of saber throw - Juggs

-Lightning Strike and Lightning Bolt or Disturbance and Telekinetic Burst reduce the cooldown of Recklessness or Force Potency by 1 second. - Sorcs

-Consumption or Noble Sacrifice no longer removes any health when used with a stack of Force Surge or Resplendence. - Sorcs

-Wither or Slow Time reduces the cooldown of Mind Control and Mass Mind Control by 2 seconds per activation. - Sins

-Dark Ward’s or Kinetic Ward’s duration is increased by 3 seconds and charges are increased by 3. - Sins

These are the couple examples that have a direct impact on how you play your toon. Having more bonuses that reduces the cooldowns of certain abilities when activating another ability would be great. You could take some of the class utilities in the utility tree and make them set bonuses instead. Like the marauder's cloak of annihilation.

One of my old favorite bonus was the 8% heal when activating intercede as a jugg. Would probably be too much right now since juggs are pretty tough but you can see how a bonus like that would change someone's behavior.

It seems pretty clear that bonuses for healers and tanks are better or a lot more specific and tailored for their role because they're made for just 1 discipline while dps bonuses have to work for 2 disciplines

There's also a couple unfairness when it comes to having every class get 1 autocrit. Operative's kolto injection is a lesser heal compared to Merc's healing scan but both get the autocrit treatment . Could say the same about ambush and maul and heatseeker missiles.

In the end, i think the answer is to bring back separate PVE and PVP bonuses. PVE bonuses would result in higher dps or easier energy management while PVP bonuses would result in better utilities or defensive abilities.

JediAAK
07.13.2015 , 04:56 PM | #18
Here's a link to the Thumbnail I made for my video, covering the subject: http://puu.sh/iYaip/ac0cb9787f.png
To me it clearly sums up the situation with our favourite class
Vulkk, Sentinel on TRE | A veteran player and a huge Star Wars fan
VULKK.com
SWTOR Videos, News & Blogs and more!

James_Mcturney
07.13.2015 , 05:33 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,
Note: Our intent is to have set bonuses not increase DPS by more than 5%. Please keep this in mind when posting your suggestions.

Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)
  • 2-Piece: Battering Assault or Zealous Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 of seconds.
  • 4-Piece: Reduces the cooldown of Frenzy or Valorous Call by 15 seconds. Additionally, activating Berserk or Zen increases all damage dealt by 3% for 10 seconds.
  • 6-Piece: Activating Ravage, Master Strike, Dual Saber Throw, or Twin Saber Throw will grant Weaponmaster's/Challenger's Critical Bonus making your next Vicious Throw, Furious Strike and Annihilate or Dispatch, Concentrated Slice and Merciless Slash critically hit. This effect can't occur more than once every minute.
Cheers, all!
The SWTOR Combat Team
The sixth piece is awful for watchmen and bad for the others, on some classes/specs, you use the skill with the 100% crit a few times each minute, but watchmen uses it ~12 times each minute (5 secs cooldown) so its pretty much a useless buff. What if the 6pc set do something useful like: 2x merciless slash resets the duration of force melt*, Increases precision duration by like 0.5 secs and for concentration it could increase the duration of force exhaustion and the cc immunity granted by it.

*(or force sweep, if something like this happens, force melt focus cost should always be 2.. also make force sweep viable for single target rotation! every other dot spec has something like this!)

Edit: here is a good one; 6pc: master strike final hit reset the duration of cauterize (so you must use it wisely or you still lose the free cauterize). For combat: 3rd hit reduces precision cooldown by 3 seconds and cost by 1. For concentration: 3rd hit make your next merciless slash cost -3 focus (or free, --just hyphotetical numbers---)

Or forget my ideas and just fix that watchmen rotation, master strike can't fit there most of the time, specially if you have some delay, maybe reduce master strike to 2.5 secs? (cauterize dot has a 100% chance to reduce the channel time of master strike by 0.5). This should be implemented regards of the set bonuses btw, with this change i would be happy with any other 6 pc bonus other than the current one. Edit: that master strike change with the 6pc set would be game changing for the watchmen rotation (guess it would be finally fixed/complete) and also really good for the other 2 specs + it seems very funny.

admpellaeon
07.13.2015 , 05:47 PM | #20
I don't care what you do about the set bonus. Stop homogenizing the classes and make this class fun to play again.