Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unscheduled Maintenance - August 20th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Unscheduled Maintenance - August 20th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSpuds
08.22.2019 , 07:11 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
This. The service agreement can, from their point of view, be summed up best in one word: "Meh".

(Yes, I know that MMORPG operators do strive to do better than that, but from a legal-recourse point of view, "Meh" is the best we can get.)
Well, actually under consumer law the T&C of any purchase or service contract can NOT trump the basic consumer protections enshrined in law.

Those protections mandate that a Customer can reasonably expect to get exactly what they have been advertised to get: so if we get told 4 Days of Double XP, and because of elective downtime Bioware has delivered less than 4 Days of Double XP there is, at least, the possibility of a claim.

Those same protections also mandate that the Customer can expect to get a product / service that is "fit for purpose". I doubt any court would see a breach of that for a short-window elective interruption to service. But they could for longer term interruptions, or interruptions that the customer had not been reasonably pre-warned about.

Far too many companies would have you believe that you surrender certain protections when you accept their terms and conditions. You don't. There is a baseline level of protection that their terms and conditions can NEVER strip away from you, even if you willingly signed up to them.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

_biddan_
08.22.2019 , 09:40 AM | #112
"muh fee"
"muh one hour of waiting"
you people will complain about everything
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

OlBuzzard
08.22.2019 , 10:25 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
"muh fee"