Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why we need a legacy ignore

MikeCobalt
08.20.2019 , 07:34 PM | #31
It might be a Money Issue. If a toxic member gets their entire Legacy ignored (for being toxic) in time (and I'm betting that would be Short Order) the more groups/ people they're around on Any character more players ignore, and more people ignore soon many many people would have ignored. None of that persons (Toxin) characters would be raiding doing Ops or any group activities that person would be utterly *Bored, Nobody allows that entire legacy to join, that person Quits their SWTOR subscription. Maybe BW thinks Legacy Ignores lead to less income.

DeannaVoyager
08.22.2019 , 02:18 AM | #32
I'd like to have legacy ignore too, with the option to choose a) ignore a character with all my toons, b) ignore the account with all my toons. It would also be nice to have a few levels on it: ignore someone forever and ignore for 30/60/90 days or something like that. So even if someone is a jerk once or twice, they wil have a chance to get off from people's ignore list in time, if they learn how to behave.

Another option would be to get rid of the deserter timer, so we can just leave groups with obnoxious people in it and q again immediately.

Khaleg
08.24.2019 , 07:20 AM | #33
With a more positive approach I'd love a legacy friend list much more, and ONE friend list across all characters.
After that happens I will grant you the right for a legacy ignore list. :-)
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

lightSaberAddiCt
08.25.2019 , 10:13 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by DeannaVoyager View Post
I'd like to have legacy ignore too, with the option to choose a) ignore a character with all my toons, b) ignore the account with all my toons. It would also be nice to have a few levels on it: ignore someone forever and ignore for 30/60/90 days or something like that. So even if someone is a jerk once or twice, they wil have a chance to get off from people's ignore list in time, if they learn how to behave.

Another option would be to get rid of the deserter timer, so we can just leave groups with obnoxious people in it and q again immediately.
The deserter timer needs to stay, otherwise the group finder really would be useless. But I doubt they will ever do a legacy ignore either. If someone is being a troll in group, that is what the kick vote is for. If you can't get the vote (which is a very low bar) then maybe others in the group don't agree with you.

But if you are going to jump in and quit group because you feel someone is being "mean", then there should be a penalization for it. You are sticking everyone else in that group into a hole.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

JediQuaker
08.25.2019 , 10:34 AM | #35
Another, perhaps worthwhile suggestion, that totally ignores human nature. How long after eliminating the lockout timer would you expect to see ***hats just entering GF and leaving over and over, just to troll people.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

lightSaberAddiCt
08.25.2019 , 10:36 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Another, perhaps worthwhile suggestion, that totally ignores human nature. How long after eliminating the lockout timer would you expect to see ***hats just entering GF and leaving over and over, just to troll people.
You pretty much nailed the issue on the head. Some people need to realize this is not a solo game, that there will be all kinds of people they meet while playing, some good, some bad. I mean there is a solution, the kick option. And that can't really be abused unless 2 or 3 people make a group and go into GF for a fourth. But that is rare.

JediQuaker
08.25.2019 , 10:52 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
I mean there is a solution, the kick option. And that can't really be abused unless 2 or 3 people make a group and go into GF for a fourth. But that is rare.
A problem (I think) I've noticed with the kick option. It seems as though, if you click on the "x" to ignore the vote**, the vote just depends upon the ones who do vote - even if that's just the 1 or 2 left.
So, if you don't think a player should be kicked, be sure to actually vote "don't kick".

** I am guilty of this.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Jdast
08.25.2019 , 11:17 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
Some people need to realize this is not a solo game, that there will be all kinds of people they meet while playing, some good, some bad. I mean there is a solution, the kick option. And that can't really be abused unless 2 or 3 people make a group and go into GF for a fourth. But that is rare.
Fair enough -- but beware the law of unintended consequences. The lack of legacy / account ignore is one of the primary, albeit not the only, reason that some of us, including yours truly, often eschew PuGing. I will absolutely never, ever PuG on a tank or healer in SWTOR. I would be far more likely to if legacy / account ignore existed.

I don't care if people think I'm a special snowflake (I'm not -- I'm the most special snowflake of all). I have a very high threshold for incompetence assuming people are open to listening / learning about simple mechanics. I have a very low threshold for d-baggery.

While the kick option is a partial solution, it is incomplete and imperfect. I feel comfortable saying this having played other games where account-wide ignores are in place.

Dasty

P.S. With that said, someone earlier posited the idea of a timeline on the ignore duration so that it would expire. This would allow a 'redemption arc' for d-bags. I'm not opposed to this assuming I could control the parameters. In other words, I could control whether it was a perma, or a couple months, etc. I recognize, though, that would be a pain for the devs so it probably wouldn't be worth the cost to implement.

DeannaVoyager
08.25.2019 , 12:03 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
If someone would be doing that (which I doubt), the group can decide to continue with a companion, or add that person into ignore so the empty spot won't pop for him.

Someone said it's not a solo game and people should get a lock if they leave a group they don't like. Seriously? This isn't kindergarten: I'm paying for the game, I am allowed to choose which people I play with. Trying to force me into playing with idiots will only make me not use GF at all. The more people choose to only go with mates instead, the lower the pop rates will be. That will hurt the game for sure.

lightSaberAddiCt
08.25.2019 , 02:46 PM | #40
If someone would be doing that (which I doubt), the group can decide to continue with a companion, or add that person into ignore so the empty spot won't pop for him.

Someone said it's not a solo game and people should get a lock if they leave a group they don't like. Seriously? This isn't kindergarten: I'm paying for the game, I am allowed to choose which people I play with. Trying to force me into playing with idiots will only make me not use GF at all. The more people choose to only go with mates instead, the lower the pop rates will be. That will hurt the game for sure.
Yes you are, just group with friends or guildies then. But if you use the GF, that is random pull, and you get what you get. Not to mention the fact, that out of all the times I have played using GF maybe....MAYBE 1 out of 30 has a jerk in it. As for the lockout issue, I didn't say that, BW did. They have never changed it in the course of the game, so I think their view on the subject is pretty clear.