Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting waste of time?

Protoaloe
08.22.2019 , 01:19 AM | #1
OK I always was crafter but have been away for some time. With Level 70 char and Crafting at 560 say for Cybertech the only receipes available are worthless, i.e. the only ones sold say for Mod are Level 36A.

Strangely higher ones are advertised for sale at the auction house. So what is the secret? to craft these things, are there special teachers somewhere?
Or am I wasting my time trying to level all my crafting to top notch before expansion comes out?
http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/f...milies/mad.png

ImmortalLowlife
08.22.2019 , 01:27 AM | #2
Crafting goes up to lvl 600 now. That's when you'll be able to craft the best stuff. So if you want to craft, get your skill up to 600 then The vendor will have those high lvl recipes available. The material cost to craft what's essentially lvl 70 gear and augs is high tho. You have to run endgame content like master mode OP's and veteran FP's to get the required materials. If this is your style of gameplay then you'll have no problem. Otherwise.... you can make decent money creating stuff for lower levels, but you have to just pay attention to the GTN and see what actually sells.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Balameb
08.22.2019 , 07:37 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Protoaloe View Post
OK I always was crafter but have been away for some time. With Level 70 char and Crafting at 560 say for Cybertech the only receipes available are worthless, i.e. the only ones sold say for Mod are Level 36A.

Strangely higher ones are advertised for sale at the auction house. So what is the secret? to craft these things, are there special teachers somewhere?
Or am I wasting my time trying to level all my crafting to top notch before expansion comes out?
http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/f...milies/mad.png
You get better schematics as you increase your command level. Schematics come from Command crates (not cybertech i think), PvP boxes (these are mostly cybertech) and Operations. I think you can also RE some of the command crates loot.
Leveling crafting is NOT a waste even now but you will need to increase it more once 6.0 comes out. But taking to much time to craft tier 4 (246) will be kind of pointless if you are not high command level at this point.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

Savej
08.22.2019 , 09:47 AM | #4
Crafting is good for augments, augment components, dyes, stims, lightsaber color crystals and maybe grenades. Some people like some of the craftable outfit looks. Maybe that changes in 6.0 but I wouldn't use it for anything else at the moment.

foxmob
08.22.2019 , 01:42 PM | #5
if you want to sell things on gtn as cybertech, sell augment stuff and grenades (grade 9 mats).
Krack

Tsillah
08.22.2019 , 03:24 PM | #6
It is 600 now and next month we get a new expansion, so maybe it will soon be 650 and crafting may change a lot with 6.0 as well as it is. So it'll be interesting to see what happens then.
Referral link for some extras: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Lhancelot
08.22.2019 , 03:53 PM | #7
Crafting is really an effective way to make credits. It's pretty consistent, too. Augs, MK-10 kits, armor pieces for appearance slots, dyes, etc. These and tons of other things all sell well.
Pookiemane SF Suffocates
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.

TrixxieTriss
08.22.2019 , 09:55 PM | #8
I’ve made nearly a billion credits this year crafting since February. Of course I don’t have that many credits cause I spend a lot too.

OddballEasyEight
08.22.2019 , 10:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’ve made nearly a billion credits this year crafting since February. Of course I don’t have that many credits cause I spend a lot too.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

JediQuaker
08.23.2019 , 02:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Protoaloe View Post
Some schematics come as rewards for quests, from Command Crates, from RE'ing lower level units, etc - not just from the trainer. But, check the trainer.

I've never been into crafting to sell on the GTN, but I do make dyes, implants, relics, earpieces, and augments, for my own use. I also sometimes craft some armor pieces if it's something I like the look of. (Plus I craft speeders for my own collection - but I don't use the crafted speeders very often.)
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV