Population increasing?

AndriusAjax

There are quite a few 'new' players on SS as well. The solo ranked queue, I haven't seen it pop but I also don't wait longer than :10. Maybe it would if you sat there all day. Granked seems to only pop in the evenings for a couple of hours and it requires some pre planning. The regular queues do seem to be filled up with new players. Maybe once they're geared, they'll start queueing for ranked. Let's just hope that 5.10 is successful and it isn't the fiasco that 5.8 was. /holding breath

There are quite a few 'new' players on SS as well. The solo ranked queue, I haven't seen it pop but I also don't wait longer than :10. Maybe it would if you sat there all day. Granked seems to only pop in the evenings for a couple of hours and it requires some pre planning. The regular queues do seem to be filled up with new players. Maybe once they're geared, they'll start queueing for ranked. Let's just hope that 5.10 is successful and it isn't the fiasco that 5.8 was. /holding breath

Good luck with this. ^

Once the "new players" determine what a waste of time grinding gears on this game is, they will do what many of the "veterans" have done; quit the game.

The WZs are going to be nothing but a scourge of newbies bumbling through PVP with the rare, longtime vets that know how to gear and PVP.

P.S. Don't hold your breath. :)

Are you talking about this game? We must be playing different games because SWTOR's population has been getting smaller and smaller. Satele Shan is on its last legs. Most of the PvP'ers that still care about ranked jumped ship to SF or DM, and even those servers have reported to have a dwindling playerbase and shrinking primetime ques. 5.10 is only going to make things a lot worse... Edited by Talon_strikes

Are you talking about this game? We must be playing different games because SWTOR's population has been getting smaller and smaller. Satele Shan is on its last legs. Most of the PvP'ers that still care about ranked jumped ship to SF or DM, and even those servers have reported to have a dwindling playerbase and shrinking primetime ques. 5.10 is only going to make things a lot worse...

What reports?? Links or it's not happening.

This whole doom & gloom is NOT helping anyone. *SMH*

Yes, Totem, a lot of SS have moved to SF. BUT SS is still doing quite fine. (It's not the state of the game when it started of course.)

But you still have activities happening.

The big thing that could be happening is seeing a decrease in solo (non-guilded players) running things & guilds doing stuff.

This whole doom & gloom is NOT helping anyone. *SMH*

Pretending bad game design changes are good for the game and not causing a drop in population doesn't help either.

People are leaving SS because it's not populated enough to provide them with activities as often as they'd like. To be blunt the SS server is dying, there's no way to sugar coat it.

This is not "gloom and doom," this is called reality. I'd be surprised if SS lasts another year tbh. I forecast the new gear changes will accelerate the process of death for SS, and the game as a whole.

Well there are certainly more 230 gear ppl in solo ranked. Its really starting to get silly, its like they que whole day from like 5 pm and just keep losing. I dunno if its mat farmers, cause, what mats? For weekly? Thats 3 mats and they ruin 20 games.

Best is to que after midnight but then the pops die too. Solo ranked is simply terrible now, since the 5.10 info was published.

I was being sarcastic about the population increasing. For every 1 new player, 2 vets leave.

I was just pointing out the terrible state of play on SF. A hurricane wrecked my town 2 months ago and I just got internet back, and it seems much, much worse than it was. Im seeing lots of standing around out of combat, where players slowly approach the action, then stand with their hands at their hips while I assume they tab or click target around. Lots of awful balancing where 4 ppl stay somewhere after it's claimed while the other node is overrun. And the worst... pack mentality vandin matches that are just excruciating to play huttball in

I was being sarcastic about the population increasing. For every 1 new player, 2 vets leave.

I was just pointing out the terrible state of play on SF. A hurricane wrecked my town 2 months ago and I just got internet back, and it seems much, much worse than it was. Im seeing lots of standing around out of combat, where players slowly approach the action, then stand with their hands at their hips while I assume they tab or click target around. Lots of awful balancing where 4 ppl stay somewhere after it's claimed while the other node is overrun. And the worst... pack mentality vandin matches that are just excruciating to play huttball in

I was away for 5 weeks and even I could see the difference. (I’ve a thread about too)

Pretending bad game design changes are good for the game and not causing a drop in population doesn't help either.

People are leaving SS because it's not populated enough to provide them with activities as often as they'd like. To be blunt the SS server is dying, there's no way to sugar coat it.

This is not "gloom and doom," this is called reality. I'd be surprised if SS lasts another year tbh. I forecast the new gear changes will accelerate the process of death for SS, and the game as a whole.

At very least them coming out and announcing everything getting moved to one sever which would be the death knell of the game. Kinda sad to go from 1.7 million players to barely enough to fill 1

I just came to meme up the queue.

its harder than I thought.

Hahaha yeah, you're talking about legendary levels of skill required when it comes to the perfect combination of horrible gear, horrible playmanship and a modest touch of RP - ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Came to meme, ended up being the meme.