Bodyguard Mercenary/Combat Medic Commando Set Bonus Discussion

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to reach out to the community to collect ideas on set bonuses. We are looking for opinions on current and previous set bonuses as well as concepts for future. This thread will cover Bodyguard Mercenaries/Medic Commandos.

Note: Our intent is to have set bonuses not increase HPS by more than 5%. Please keep this in mind when posting your suggestions.

Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)

• 2-Piece: Activating a healing ability has a 15% chance to grant Combat Medic's Critical Bonus which causes your next Rapid Scan or Medical Probe to be a critical. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
  • 4-Piece: While in Combat Support Cylinder or Combat Support Cell the duration of Supercharged Gas and Supercharge Cells is increased by 5 seconds.
  • 6-Piece: Reduces the cooldown of Healing Scan or Advanced Medical Probe by 1.5 seconds.

Cheers, all!

The SWTOR Combat Team

I'm just excited to have a 4 piece set bonus after 7-8 (?) months of not having one. Honestly overall I think the set bonus is fine just the utilities and discipline tree itself need reworking or tweaking. At most I would see maybe changing the 6 piece to 1 or 1.5 seconds off progressive scan/successive treatment as its a much more important ability (like the 6 piece for sorcs and ops)

Honestly I feel our set bonuses are pretty dang good right now.

That being out of the way now I shall go to my dream 6-piece set bonus! :rak_03:

6-Piece: Kolto bomb refreshes the charges of Trauma probe on all effected targets to full. This effect may only occur once every 30-seconds.

I am betting that this would push HPS beyond the 5% desired though :/

I am just a simple healer though with a dream ^_^

I think 2 and 4 bonuses good.

For 6 I wish:

Reduces cool down of successive treatment by 2 sec. In addition activating successive treatment will grant charge of (don't know, something) which make one of the non critical hit of successive treatment critical.

I still love the auto-crit on Rapid Scan and it should carry onto a new set.

With the current set the only bonus I am still iffy about is the Supercharge Gas Cell duration by 5 seconds. Since it was bugged for the better half of the xpac I wont really miss the set bonus.

Ideas:

- Critical hits from Kolto Bomb residue have a 50% chance to refresh one stack of Kolto Shell on a target it heals. This effect cannot occur on the same target for more then 6 seconds. The stacks of Kolto Shell cannot exceed the current 7 stack limit.

- Critical hits from Kolto Shell have a chance to vent 2 heat. In addition the cooldown of Emergency Scan is reduced by 2 seconds.

- After using Thermal Sensor Override, the cost of your abilities are reduced by 25% for 8 sec.

- Your Emergency Scan also heals an injured target within 15 meters for 15% of the amount healed.

And quick question: Will we see threads like this for utility changes as well? I have many ideas for changes to merc utilities but I don't want to take this off-topic from set bonuses.

Edited by Clogski

2 and 4-pieces set bonus is fine (btw, for previous comment, 4-piece was never fully bugged, just take off and put on all gear after changing instance, worked since the very start Upd sorry, work only for Mercenaries). Here are some ideas for 6-pieces:

1) While Supercharged Gas is active, each critical hit of Progressive Scan reduces the active cooldown of Emergence Scan by 0.4 seconds (up to 4 total seconds if all hits on all targets are critical).

2) Emergency scan has as 15% chance to grant 2% alacrity buff for 8 seconds.

3) Emergency scan has a 30% chance to immediately vent 5 heat.

4) Kolto missile has a 20% chance to grant or refresh Invigorated buff for all targets affected by Kolto shell (inside AOE).

5) Increases the amount and duration of HoT by Kolto Missile (and provide some notification of this HoT).

Edited by hazkep
fix

2 and 4-pieces set bonus is fine (btw, for previous comment, 4-piece was never fully bugged, just take off and put on all gear after changing instance, worked since the very start). [/i].

The commandos was bugged out completely and never worked. I tried, many, many, many times.. All sorts of different ways (even pulled armorings and and put them back in a few times). The Mercenaries always worked like they work now.. you just had to remove and replace whenever you came through an instance.

I still love the auto-crit on Rapid Scan and it should carry onto a new set.

With the current set the only bonus I am still iffy about is the Supercharge Gas Cell duration by 5 seconds. Since it was bugged for the better half of the xpac I wont really miss the set bonus.

Ideas:

- Critical hits from Kolto Bomb residue have a 50% chance to refresh one stack of Kolto Shell on a target it heals. This effect cannot occur on the same target for more then 6 seconds. The stacks of Kolto Shell cannot exceed the current 7 stack limit.

- Critical hits from Kolto Shell have a chance to vent 2 heat. In addition the cooldown of Emergency Scan is reduced by 2 seconds.

- After using Thermal Sensor Override, the cost of your abilities are reduced by 25% for 6 sec.

- Your Emergency Scan also heals an injured target within 15 meters for 15% of the amount healed.

And quick question: Will we see threads like this for utility changes as well? I have many ideas for changes to merc utilities but I don't want to take this off-topic from set bonuses.

While I really do enjoy having that extra 5s on supercharge, some of these sound pretty nice.. Some of them could push up our AoE/raidwide healing quite a bit though.

I don't really think any changes are "Necessary" in any way, i'de much rather just see the current set bonus but in FULL working order (especially at the next gear level.. if I grind out a 6 piece to find it not work again, i'm gonna break something..)

If we are to get a new ability with the new level cap it could change everything and it might be better to change the bonuses but, as it is I think they are good for the type of healing commandos do. I would much rather have my 6 set bonus reduce Advanced Med Probe/Healing Scan CD than progressive scan.. In easy fights I probably get more healing from progressive but in a hard healing fight I use AMP/HS more since i can hit 10k-20k heals every 1.5s for 15s.. regen some energy and do it again. While I get a higher per activation healing from progressive scan, in heavy fights AMP will hit close to the same but I can hit it much more often and direct the heals more effectively.

Hey everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to reach out to the community to collect ideas on set bonuses. We are looking for opinions on current and previous set bonuses as well as concepts for future. This thread will cover Bodyguard Mercenaries/Medic Commandos.

Note: Our intent is to have set bonuses not increase HPS by more than 5%. Please keep this in mind when posting your suggestions.

Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)

• 2-Piece: Activating a healing ability has a 15% chance to grant Combat Medic's Critical Bonus which causes your next Rapid Scan or Medical Probe to be a critical. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
  • 4-Piece: While in Combat Support Cylinder or Combat Support Cell the duration of Supercharged Gas and Supercharge Cells is increased by 5 seconds.
  • 6-Piece: Reduces the cooldown of Healing Scan or Advanced Medical Probe by 1.5 seconds.

Cheers, all!

The SWTOR Combat Team

Wow it is funny you put this on the list [*]4-Piece: While in Combat Support Cylinder or Combat Support Cell the duration of Supercharged Gas and Supercharge Cells is increased by 5 seconds. since your genious dev. team couldnt manage to fix it in 9 months 9 *********** months.

Yes we didnt like old set bonuses since it is not *********** working, it's been 9 months and your incompetent team couldnt make it work even a monkey could fix it but your team couldnt do it even thou you announced you are fixing it twice. So next time make your test and make working set bonuses. 9 *********** months and you are asking if we were satisfied with old bonuses? It could be good if it worked as intended. So what ever you put as set bonus just make sure it is working, but i am not sure your genious dev. team can manage it.

2 pc: Some bonus that actually works.

4 pc: Some bonus that actually works.

6 pc: Some bonus that actually works.

Once Bioware have mastered that, you can look at tweaking the bonus but, until then, I strongly suggest actually giving each group 3 set bonuses as a basic step forward.

Negative as the above is it has, however, been great to see how important set bonuses are to Bioware (8 months without any substantive attempt to address them not working). I suspect that, in writing the post above, Bioware has more than doubled the work put into them in 2015. I applaud that increase in effort.

Once we hit 2016 (assuming Bioware have mastered getting them to actually work) you should just keep the set bonuses the same. I'm worried about what this push for new bonuses means. "What this means is that we have a situation where we have a lot of content, that many players don’t get an opportunity to play..."

Personally, I "believe that all players should be able to enjoy all the content in the game" and bringing new set bonuses would completely undermine that and be a step backwards.

Perhaps though, you could, instead of changing them, just add to the 3 bonuses "new vanity rewards such as Mounts, Vehicles, and Decorations for your Stronghold". I understand that many people view mounts and vehicles as the same thing and also that the idea of Strongholds as any form of community content crash and burned within days of release...but I think just introducing these would completely revitalise the set bonuses and remove any need for fresh bonuses. The two piece could come with a reskinned mount from 3 months ago, the four piece could come with a reskinned mount from six months ago and the six piece could come with light fitting for the ceiling of our strongholds!

Edited by DeludedProphet

Wow it is funny you put this on the list [*]4-Piece: While in Combat Support Cylinder or Combat Support Cell the duration of Supercharged Gas and Supercharge Cells is increased by 5 seconds. since your genious dev. team couldnt manage to fix it in 9 months 9 *********** months.

Yes we didnt like old set bonuses since it is not *********** working, it's been 9 months and your incompetent team couldnt make it work even a monkey could fix it but your team couldnt do it even thou you announced you are fixing it twice. So next time make your test and make working set bonuses. 9 *********** months and you are asking if we were satisfied with old bonuses? It could be good if it worked as intended. So what ever you put as set bonus just make sure it is working, but i am not sure your genious dev. team can manage it.

I can feel your anger. I unsubbed 2 months after the expansion since they hadn't fixed it. Came back just a week or two ago only to find out they still haven't fixed it. I'm expecting Bioware to make the commando class viable for pvp in 4.0 or I'm probably gone for good.

2 pc: Some bonus that actually works.

4 pc: Some bonus that actually works.

6 pc: Some bonus that actually works.

Once Bioware have mastered that, you can look at tweaking the bonus but, until then, I strongly suggest actually giving each group 3 set bonuses as a basic step forward.

Negative as the above is it has, however, been great to see how important set bonuses are to Bioware (8 months without any substantive attempt to address them not working). I suspect that, in writing the post above, Bioware has more than doubled the work put into them in 2015. I applaud that increase in effort.

Once we hit 2016 (assuming Bioware have mastered getting them to actually work) you should just keep the set bonuses the same. I'm worried about what this push for new bonuses means. "What this means is that we have a situation where we have a lot of content, that many players don’t get an opportunity to play..."

Personally, I "believe that all players should be able to enjoy all the content in the game" and bringing new set bonuses would completely undermine that and be a step backwards.

Perhaps though, you could, instead of changing them, just add to the 3 bonuses "new vanity rewards such as Mounts, Vehicles, and Decorations for your Stronghold". I understand that many people view mounts and vehicles as the same thing and also that the idea of Strongholds as any form of community content crash and burned within days of release...but I think just introducing these would completely revitalise the set bonuses and remove any need for fresh bonuses. The two piece could come with a reskinned mount from 3 months ago, the four piece could come with a reskinned mount from six months ago and the six piece could come with light fitting for the ceiling of our strongholds!

Ouch.

Your writing style is a disgrace to all commando medic players (I bet you play a merc though).

I beg you, please play a sorcerer. That's what people with your attitude and mindset usually play.

I honestly think that you are a horrible person, if I only judge by your way of communicating.

Your post is a perfect example of how NOT to address issues. Such language and style will bring you nowhere. Or have you ever had a good reaction in your life after such a complaint? Do you bring people on your side like this?

(...)

This is a totally different attempt on raising critique than the above: sarcasm. Also not necessarily helpful, but I giggled a couple of times and it does not get personal. Shame on me: I actually thought about how these vanity rewards for the set-bonuses could work out. ;)

Ontopic:

I think the bonuses for commando medics are quite alright - if they work.

Well, considering the changes to Healing Scan / Rapid Scan, it'd be nice having the 2th piece bonus give a guaranteed crit on Healing Scan, rather than Rapid Scan. If I'm not mistaken Healing Scan will lose its 5% crit chance from talents (and it's given to Rapid Scan) and also will have a 3s cooldown increase, so a change in the bonus set will make it more interesting.

I feel like the following shouldn't necessarily come from set bonus but would be a BIG help for us merc healers:

"Using super charged celerity also pops your super charged gas."

A quality of life fix, as it currently stands most raids need the alacrity boost somewhere in a burn phase or another but this leaves me without a way to vent heat or enter my own healing burst phase. (sometimes both!)

<3

I've been thinking a bit about this whole 5% increase with the set bonus. When this is said is it referring to a more moderate casual player who may not know his or her rotation well, a player who lives and breathes the commando healing discipline, or somewhere in between? Where on the bell-curve is this falling?

I only ask this because one set bonus could be used more effectively than another based on that skill level. So a 5% increase for the middle of the pack person, or peak of the bell-curve, could end up being a 7-8% increase for someone closer to the far right of the bell-curve (just as an example).

So I guess the question really should be then: should the set bonuses be more skilled based or should they simply make healing easier on the player?

Your writing style is a disgrace to all commando medic players (I bet you play a merc though).

I beg you, please play a sorcerer. That's what people with your attitude and mindset usually play.

I honestly think that you are a horrible person, if I only judge by your way of communicating.

Your post is a perfect example of how NOT to address issues. Such language and style will bring you nowhere. Or have you ever had a good reaction in your life after such a complaint? Do you bring people on your side like this?

Most Merc-playerss --either healer or damager-- aren't like this, I assure you. The few that are are usually bads who end up on multiple /ignore lists and never get to do any group content with anyone again except for brain-death-mode [TACTICAL]s, and they often can't even get those right, so more /ignore lists.

As for the illiterate troll playing Sorc?

NOOOOOOoooooo....!!!!

It's people like that that get classes nerfed to uselessness, we don't need more of that, thank you!

As for the set-boni actually working, I'll just let Charlie Fodder from Clear Skies take the mic:

"Havetheyfixedityet?"

"Oh, haaaaave they fixed it yeeeeet?"

"Have they fixed it yet?"

"Have they. Fixed it. Yet."

Ontopic:

I think the bonuses for commando medics are quite alright - if they work.

Yeah they didnt fixed it yet because of my angry post, come on it is almost 9 months with pts beta testing and they didnt fixed it and i opened many bug reports about this and all my tickets was ignored all i got is an automated message after 3-4 days. Do you know any cartel market item related sosmetic bug fixed in next patct as a priority and now they are talking about next set bonuses and old ones are not still working properly. This is just a joke on players. I am angry to their attitude and acting like this set bonus is working as intended. Yes i am a horrible person because i am getting angry when someone lies on my face twice (they announced this bug fixed twice), and after that acts like nothing happened.

• 3 months later...

the two piece feels pretty blah, to me. One crit every ~35s isn't much of a bonus, in terms of throughput or fun factor (I don't even notice that the set procced, most of the time.)

the four and six piece bonuses actually feel meaningful, and it would be nice if the two piece did too. I like the idea of rapid scan crits (or casts) having a chance to reduce the cooldown of emergency scan.