Scheduled Maintenance: September 4th, 2013 [UPDATE: Servers Available]

AmberGreen

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do they have monkeys applying the patches. i swear it seems like it. 4 hour downtime turns in 7 hours and they have no ETA on when the servers will be available. this is totally unacceptable. i only have a few hours during the morning and afternoon to play. so their inability to implement a patch has cost me a day of playtime. freaking incompetence.

They need to update their forum to deliver Ritalin straight into the veins of all the people who are freaking out over pesky little things. Server down time happens, get over it and move on. Its not like BioWare killed your dog.

Well they killed my tauntaun and my ewok and my lizard... so they killed more than just my DOG!!!! :D

Something I am starting to really appreciate about the folks over at World of Warcraft, when they said the servers were going to be up, they were up, not a second past the reported time. Its seems like swtor sets a time and it may, or may not actually be that time. I think these guys need to figure out how to port patches a little better.

do they have monkeys applying the patches. i swear it seems like it. 4 hour downtime turns in 7 hours and they have no ETA on when the servers will be available. this is totally unacceptable. i only have a few hours during the morning and afternoon to play. so their inability to implement a patch has cost me a day of playtime. freaking incompetence.

oooh wow, a whole day!!! You don't have a single other thing to do with your life? Like go outside, mow your lawn, or get a tan? Its seriously not that big of an issue, be patient and accept it, it happens and complaining will never fix a thing. All it does is show how immature you are. (really you sound like a spoiled little kid)

Actually as a Founder who has recently returned, this is very disheartening.

There are a ton of F2P games out there, with 1/100 of the SWTOR budget, and power behind them.

And they are almost never down for maintenance longer than anticipated. And when they are, their dev team communicates so well and often that the constant updates really take the sting our of waiting even hours longer than promised.

MechWarrior Online

Forge

War Thunder

Marvel Heroes

Warframe

&

Guild Wars 2

Rifts

Just examples of games with tighter communication with subscribers/players.

And before anyone says "So Go play those Games!"

Keep in mind, I do. But I keep coming back to SWTOR because I'm a Star Wars Fan.

I keep leaving because I often feel the people taking my money are not.

Soule

When I saw the update on the launcher in regards to no ETA as to when the servers will be back on... or when scheduled maintenance will end... I thought... God, what did Bioware break in the game now? After realizing what I had thought about Bioware and scheduled maintenance... I got a good laugh out of it. Lol'ed. Oh well, back to graduate school work! Take a chill pill guys, what ever they did, they are working on it and it will be fixed.

Something I am starting to really appreciate about the folks over at World of Warcraft, when they said the servers were going to be up, they were up, not a second past the reported time. Its seems like swtor sets a time and it may, or may not actually be that time. I think these guys need to figure out how to port patches a little better.

Blizz is probably the wealthiest gaming machine out there, they can throw however much money they want on staff and technology to ensure things get done. But think of this, the player animation for the very first original WoW races haven't changed in years!!! They still look like crap off the Nintendo. But look at the pandaren and newer races and see how detailed they are, Blizz doesn't turn back for anything, not even improving the old content. That just irks me in a way you know.

I'm used to the downtime of maintance during prime EU playtime, that's copeable, no big deal. I'm a bit sad but it's okay how it's extended today because of issues, **** happens. But please estimate a time when it's back up. I'm not asking for a specific hour, just go "We estimate the servers to be up in X hours" would be fine. I don't get why there's no ETA, can't someone working on the issue go "Yeah, we estimate it's done around X". The E in ETA is for 'Estimated' so estimate something, please xD

So I should probably be packing since I'm moving next week. But I decided to goof off for a little bit today and play some SWTOR.

.....Well played, Internet Gods.

Now, where'd I leave that tape gun?

Edited by MCesca
typo

For the record most of us aren't complaining about the servers being down, just the lack of communication. I realize that my monthly fee is less than 50 cents a day not including all the extras I purchase on the Cartel market but still I am a paying customer and have expectations about what I think customer service should entail.

Actually as a Founder who has recently returned, this is very disheartening.

There are a ton of F2P games out there, with 1/100 of the SWTOR budget, and power behind them.

And they are almost never down for maintenance longer than anticipated. And when they are, their dev team communicates so well and often that the constant updates really take the sting our of waiting even hours longer than promised.

MechWarrior Online

Forge

War Thunder

Marvel Heroes

Warframe

&

Guild Wars 2

Rifts

Just examples of games with tighter communication with subscribers/players.

And before anyone says "So Go play those Games!"

Keep in mind, I do. But I keep coming back to SWTOR because I'm a Star Wars Fan.

I keep leaving because I often feel the people taking my money are not.

Soule

So go play those other games! No not really lol This is probably the most enjoyable MMO i have ever played by miles! I do however believe they could communicate better and whatnot. But... hardware could have a lot to do with it to, maybe EA and BioWare bought crap hardware for the servers without really knowing (although i would never put that past EA since almost all their online games have the worst servers ever) and now they are stuck in that rut. It could be anything, But BioWare absolutely needs to take their time and plan all this out better (PTR pre-live patch testing, keeping us better informed and more ahead of time ect...)

oooh wow, a whole day!!! You don't have a single other thing to do with your life? Like go outside, mow your lawn, or get a tan? Its seriously not that big of an issue, be patient and accept it, it happens and complaining will never fix a thing. All it does is show how immature you are. (really you sound like a spoiled little kid)

As people who pay for a service, regardless of whether that service is road side assistance or access to an online video game.

The service should be available when the subscriber needs or wants it. With the understanding that subscribers of said service should exhibit some patience when they are forewarned the service will not be available for a set period of time in the future.

HOWEVER, all too often these "Set times" we as paying customers are warned about go WAY over the allotted time.

Its not a matter of "Go outside" or "Mow your Lawn"

You have no idea about the lives of other subscribers whom you are judging (Work schedules, chore schedules etc). And frankly you have no right to judge anyone. You do however have a right, based on freedom of speech to be unpleasant and abrasive, but that doesn't make you right.

It just makes you a troll, who hypocritically isn't outside either.

Just inside being nasty to your fellow gamers.

Soule

Dude, I have to be patient and accept a lot of things, this should not be one of them. When people are paying money for a premium service, they should not have to deal with this. Most of us are not playing for free and this is our form of entertainment when we come home from a hard day's work.

Besides, other game sites seem to be able to deal with issues like this without problems. Probably the best way for them to fix the issue is to set expectations properly.

Guess I will go mow my lawn now. I can't see the kids anymore.

See the funny thing is this... kids are back in school, I have time to play uninterupted and guess what.. servers are down.. and then I have to work later... so now how do I get my dailies on all my toons done!!!!!!!:rak_03:

I'm used to the downtime of maintance during prime EU playtime, that's copeable, no big deal. I'm a bit sad but it's okay how it's extended today because of issues, **** happens. But please estimate a time when it's back up. I'm not asking for a specific hour, just go "We estimate the servers to be up in X hours" would be fine. I don't get why there's no ETA, can't someone working on the issue go "Yeah, we estimate it's done around X". The E in ETA is for 'Estimated' so estimate something, please xD

They had an eta when it started: 4 hours.. 7 hours gone by... allready.

Bioware on this matter is a joke. All this stuff of what could be one issue? They dont even tell players why.

And its prime european time btw...

Edited by Wolvines

I think even the people who play for free have a right to customer service. As a subscriber everything I do is dependent on a robust population and I know it would be to my detriment if I had no one to adventure with, against or to sell and buy stuff from. I actually feel bad they are so limited in what they can and can't do, and how fast, because they add so much to the quality of my game play. So yea FTP people are in my mind customers with the same expectations of service that us subscribers enjoy.

As people who pay for a service, regardless of whether that service is road side assistance or access to an online video game.

The service should be available when the subscriber needs or wants it. With the understanding that subscribers of said service should exhibit some patience when they are forewarned the service will not be available for a set period of time in the future.

HOWEVER, all too often these "Set times" we as paying customers are warned about go WAY over the allotted time.

Its not a matter of "Go outside" or "Mow your Lawn"

You have no idea about the lives of other subscribers whom you are judging (Work schedules, chore schedules etc). And frankly you have no right to judge anyone. You do however have a right, based on freedom of speech to be unpleasant and abrasive, but that doesn't make you right.

It just makes you a troll, who hypocritically isn't outside either.

Just inside being nasty to your fellow gamers.

Soule

^^ What he said

Dude, I have to be patient and accept a lot of things, this should not be one of them. When people are paying money for a premium service, they should not have to deal with this. Most of us are not playing for free and this is our form of entertainment when we come home from a hard day's work.

Besides, other game sites seem to be able to deal with issues like this without problems. Probably the best way for them to fix the issue is to set expectations properly.

Guess I will go mow my lawn now. I can't see the kids anymore.

Trust me, I know what a hard days work is more than most people being an Iraq combat vet, and now a highway painter, I have been working 12-15 hours every night for the past 6 weeks, 6 days a week and only have about an hour or two of free time a day, and i balance the time between my girlfriend and this game. I don't like that the servers are down longer than expected, but I have played MMO's for a few years now and I know what to expect. Its not as if they can exempt us paying customers from server down time and put all the down time on the F2P people. There are better things to get your underwear in a bunch over like how the game freezes and the audio gets really jumpy and annoying going into a loading screen for about ten seconds before un-freezing, this happens EVERYTIME!!! (or is that just me?)

As a player i must admit that i'm a bit annoyed. I'm @ home with a flu and i really wanted to take my mind off that by playing the only MMO that i'm still playing.

That said as a dev (not TOR related), I know too well that **** simply happens and not every time the actual devs or administrators are responsible. Sometimes it's a hardware failure, power outage, network outage, ISP being an *** or whatever else. And even if the devs were responsible, they're human like us. Those never making an error, throw the first rock. They managed to create one awesome game for all of us, so why do you turn your coats for a few hours more?

The moral of the story? Sometimes **** really happens. Keep calm and cross your fingers.