A Sith noob...

LavndrMenace

I'm going to reach out for ideas, moral support, whatever...

I've always played as a Republic character bc I guess I love super-heroes like Xena. (Even if they are fiction). :cool:

Little did I know, I have terrible trouble choosing "dark side" options. I mean seriously. Sane people reading this are thinking "Didn't you ever hear of role playing? Loosen up, ffs." I've tried! It's just not who I am. I keep picking the "honorable" option(s) - which means I have no dark side points. Amusingly, an NPC called my toon "a Sith with a conscience."

So, you ask, why play a Sith? My reply: Why not? (Dare to be different, as they say.)

So... will this impede my game? At some point will I be foreclosed from advancing with so few dark side points? I'm specifically seeking advice from Sith players who can tell me if there are certain options I must pursue in order to be able to advance.

Thanks and I apologize if this is a stupid question!!! :o

I've always played as a Republic character bc I guess I love super-heroes like Xena. (Even if they are fiction). :cool:

Little did I know, I have terrible trouble choosing "dark side" options. I mean seriously. Sane people reading this are thinking "Didn't you ever hear of role playing? Loosen up, ffs." I've tried! It's just not who I am. I keep picking the "honorable" option(s) - which means I have no dark side points. Amusingly, an NPC called my toon "a Sith with a conscience."

So, you ask, why play a Sith? My reply: Why not? (Dare to be different, as they say.)

So... will this impede my game? At some point will I be foreclosed from advancing with so few dark side points? I'm specifically seeking advice from Sith players who can tell me if there are certain options I must pursue in order to be able to advance.

All stories can be played both as a LS character or as a DS one, with a few differences, but no trouble advancing.

I myself have trouble most of the times picking all DS, in fact apart from my first full DS char I never did it again, while I have a couple full LS chars. That however doesn't mean I never saw the outcome of a DS playthrough, since in the end what really counts towards the outcome of the story chapters is the choices you do in very few spots. ;)

Plus, LS Sith is quite interesting, at least to me. Tbh I wouldn't really call it LS, more honorable/dishonorable, but still... :D

Anyways, keep playing the way you enjoy. There are different people, so there can be different characters. :)

I have heard playing the light side sith inquisitor makes for a really interesting story line.

As for myself, I consider the lore of the Empire as I know of it (by far no expert). Imagine, in the case of the warrior especially, growing up in a culture where survival of the fittest is the top law. There is nothing to feel bad about in killing your adversary, its expected. Killing your master is expected, and without giving too much away, the culture pretty well follows with that, for instance, you will find that imperials embrace death to one who is superior, especially sith.

That being said, it is hard at times to play a role so opposite to the kind of person you actually are. I have yet to play through any class where I could bring myself to pick all dark side options. I don't think it will ruin the story for you.

I basically felt the same way. I did 7 or 8 Republic characters before making an Imperial one (not counting my Imperial HK part drone). Eventually, however, I made a Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer) who's level 60 and just did Ziost. I'd have to check, but she's at best neutral, and probably LS 1 or 2, and a 'Darth'. :rolleyes:

Story-wise, she's fighting to help the Empire survive by reducing the needless violence. :)

In any case, no, there's no restrictions on what you can do because of your light/dark alignment. There are, of course, some changes to the storyline.

This is why I've never fully played a Republic character. Because I find them unbelievably dull.

If you feel like this is real and if you feel like you are really bothered about dark side options then I don't recommend you playing a dark side Sith. After all everyone plays a game to enjoy it, have a good time, chill out or just stress out. So if you think you will be stressed by violence, deception, brutality etc of dark side then it is not a good option for you.

Remember you can play a Sith without choosing dark side, so if you really want to play a Sith then choose light side options for it :)

Any information that may be given to you about what will be like in the future of your Sith character is a potential spoiler so I don't think it is appropriate to give spoilers in forums.

Edited by nafu

It will not impede your game at all. There is nothing in this game story wise that requires you to be LS or DS to complete the story. YOU do however get different conversation options and in some cases the story might be a little different. NOT drastically different but enough to notice.

Lore wise you would not be the only SITH to have a conscious. In this game even there are sith who are not total bastards. Lord scourge comes to mind in the Knight story.

See unfortuntaly in the Star wars universe there tends to be this black and white type of thinking where either your actions are either good or evil. There is no middle ground. But There is always grey.

For Example. A lot of people would say they know the Christian Bible and that they know the 10 commandments. Well they would agree that the 10 commandments are good. But even in the Christian bible those commandments where not always cement. Meaning that in their original hebrew they did not mean the same thing as what we have translated them into.

For example, there is a commandment that says "thou Shall not bear false witness". Many christians and such think that means "Don't Lie" yet in the Linage of Jesus of Nazerath is a woman named Rahab. And know what, she is noted for 1 thing. She lied. Not only did she lie, she lied to her king and betrayed the people of Jericho to an attacking enemy, the jews(That is a whole other theological discussion for another time). The bible says those that will not in herite the kingdom of heaven, and among them are liars. So we have an issue here, there is a contradiction. Either the commandment did not mean Dont Lie, or the bible contradicts it self. Personally i don't think it means dont lie. in the hebrew when it says dont bear false witness it meant in legal procedeings. For instance when Jesus was tried in the sanhidrin, people bore false witness against Jesus. I believe that is what it means.

now what does this have to do with your sith/jedi question? I think it means this. Light side and Dark side does not always mean right or wrong. The right thing to do might just be an "evil" option.

that all to say, There is nothing in choosing light side options that will hamper your game play. Play how you want and enjoy the out come of your choices. I am playing a light side sith as well. I like the outcome so far.

Light side and Dark side does not always mean right or wrong. The right thing to do might just be an "evil" option.

And vice versa.

Letting someone live is typically a "light side" option -- regardless of whether it's because you're feeling merciful, want the person to be endlessly tortured or simply feel that tools shouldn't be discarded until they've outlived their usefulness.

Anyone playing a reasonably pragmatic Sith is likely to garner a number of Light Side points in the course of progressing through the game.

And vice versa.

Letting someone live is typically a "light side" option -- regardless of whether it's because you're feeling merciful, want the person to be endlessly tortured or simply feel that tools shouldn't be discarded until they've outlived their usefulness.

Anyone playing a reasonably pragmatic Sith is likely to garner a number of Light Side points in the course of progressing through the game.

Exactly! Just because it is right does not mean it is always good.

People are talking like real Siths :D "Dark side isn't bad always" blah blah blah.... Play a Sith Inquisitor and choose dark side options always and see how many victims are electrocuted under your merciful goodness :) Yeah, maybe their body needs more voltage and what you do is good and right :D

See guys? Original poster is honest, he doesn't like violent options and he admit it. Obviously he is not like you, so he is not fit in to Sith character at all. So don't turn him to dark side :mon_trap:

People are talking like real Siths :D "Dark side isn't bad always" blah blah blah.... Play a Sith Inquisitor and choose dark side options always and see how many victims are electrocuted under your merciful goodness :) Yeah, maybe their body needs more voltage and what you do is good and right :D

See guys? Original poster is honest, he doesn't like violent options and he admit it. Obviously he is not like you, so he is not fit in to Sith character at all. So don't turn him to dark side :mon_trap:

I don't see anyone in the thread suggesting that the OP choose all (or any) Dark Side options.

I am generally a LS player. Even my SW I played as a more pragmatic kind of guy, willing to kill you if you got in the way of his mission, but not seeking people out to kill them either. That being said, I decided to play one character as all DS, so I decided to do the SI. My basis being that (Spoiler) with her having been a slave, once she has discovered this power, she will not allow anyone to step on her ever again. I will say that while I will not play very many characters as DS, I have enjoyed this one more than I thought I would. :D

Well you obviously haven't played a sith character. Sorry, but it's a fact that not all dark side options are evil. Besides its just a game, relax.

There's really nothing that says you have to play a class with a specific alignment, unless you're after one of the alignment titles. Just go with what feels right in your head.

My Inquisitor is full LS, it doesn't take away from the enjoyment of the story. She just turned out that way and I've grown attached to the title.

On the other hand I do have trouble playing my Knight as anything that isn't grey because he tends to pick the pragmatic options and they seem to cancel each other out alignment wise.

My Merc prioritizes profits, he's at dark 3 as a result.

My Sniper is at light 3 following her own values. Dito for my Smuggler.

My Operative has been focussed on getting his missions done and securing every advantage for the Empire he could. He ended up at dark 5, admittedly he's also not one for charity or forgiving of incompetence.

My Vanguard only just started on his journey but seems to be trending towards the dark side by following his orders to the letter.

Well you obviously haven't played a sith character. Sorry, but it's a fact that not all dark side options are evil. Besides its just a game, relax.

Lol :D Typical poster who didn't read anything under the post and react over the latest quoted post he saw without understanding a point of anyone. We are relaxed, you seem like serious though :) I was kidding on my last quoted message, it was obvious :p

By the way if you don't know the subject, original poster said that he is troubled by cruel options of Siths and I said if it is the case he shouldn't play since he should enjoy the game first. Because most of the options are evil and cruel. I didn't say %100 of the options are evil at all. If you are so obsessed with percentages ok, %80 of them are evil, others are not. :D But you can't necessarily say that a 10000 Dark side pointed Sith is a morally or ethically a good person at all. Since it would be spoiler I won't reveal all history of classes. But thanks for your experience test, I have been playing with 12 characters (8 of them are darkside imperials each with different discipline and all of them are 60) since 2011. :p If you think Siths are charity runners, you can fantasy about it all you want :) But if a player says he is disturbed with cruelty I wouldn't recommend him a Sith character at all. That is it :)

Lol :D Typical poster who didn't read anything under the post and react over the latest quoted post he saw without understanding a point of anyone. We are relaxed, you seem like serious though :) I was kidding on my last quoted message, it was obvious :p

By the way if you don't know the subject, original poster said that he is troubled by cruel options of Siths and I said if it is the case he shouldn't play since he should enjoy the game first. Because most of the options are evil and cruel. I didn't say %100 of the options are evil at all. If you are so obsessed with percentages ok, %80 of them are evil, others are not. :D But you can't necessarily say that a 10000 Dark side pointed Sith is a morally or ethically a good person at all. Since it would be spoiler I won't reveal all history of classes. But thanks for your experience test, I have been playing with 12 characters (8 of them are darkside imperials each with different discipline and all of them are 60) since 2011. :p If you think Siths are charity runners, you can fantasy about it all you want :) But if a player says he is disturbed with cruelty I wouldn't recommend him a Sith character at all. That is it :)

I have read all the posts here, not sure what you are on about. I just addressed your assertion that we weren't being honest when we said not all dark side choices are evil. I didn't get the sarcasm. Can I get a tl;dr next time? Thats quite a post you got there.

Edited by Bobs_YourUncle

I have read all the posts here, not sure what you are on about. I just addressed your assertion that we weren't being honest when we said not all dark side choices are evil. I didn't get the sarcasm. Can I get a tl;dr next time? Thats quite a post you got there.

I have certainly no interest in arguing with an angry kid here. I don't know what you are on but I don't care. If you can't get the sarcasms in a forum post, read carefully before writing a reply next time. Then you won't be this mad ;)

Edited by nafu

I have certainly no interest in arguing with an angry kid here. I don't know what you are on but I don't care. If you can't get the sarcasms in a forum post, read carefully before writing a reply next time. Then you won't be this mad ;)

lol, like I said, I didn't get the sarcasm. Maybe there is a language barrier. Im not mad, promise.:p

Thank you for all of your comments.

Nafu: My Sith was initially neutral, but she's up to Light level 1. I enjoy playing a LS Sith bc she's free to be more realistic and feisty than a Jedi.

SharlaSedai: YES!!! As a former slave, my Sith's not going to allow herself to be controlled/put down again. She ceased being neutral when she was tasked to poison slaves in a way that would assure they would experience agony over an extended period of time.

JediQuaker: Like your Sith, mine is averse to bloodshed and torture. (Esp. poisoning the slaves so they would not only die, but suffer over an extended period of time).

Cox_The_Beast: "LS Sith is quite interesting..." YUP!! My Sith is often hilarious. She does the honorable thing and speaks her mind.

I'm quite touched since I could relate closely to each & every thought you shared. Wow!! I'm so grateful to all of you. ;)

Edited by LavndrMenace
add a thought

Sometimes LS and DS options don't make sense to me. For example: In the Jedi Counselor story, you have to choose between saving a single human, or saving billions of lives. Sacrificing billions of lives to save one is LS, while sacrificing one life to save billions of lives is DS....

I can't recall if it was in the SI or SW storyline, but I think there was a scenario where choosing to let a traitorous spy escape is LS, while killing or turning the spy in to the authorities was DS. It's like, now I'm sharing in that spy's crime and become an accomplice. That's considered LS?....

But to get back to the OP's question, I have read, that if you play the SI as DS, LS, and neutral, you can get three different titles when you reach the end of your level 50 storyline. Darth Nox for DS, Darth Occlus for Neutral (I think. I was neutral +50 LS points when I got Darth Occlus.), and I heard there's a third title. I'm gonna roll a new SI and play that one LS to get the third title. I hope there's a Legacy achievement for getting all three titles....

Edited by WorldSmasher

*snip*

But to get back to the OP's question, I have read, that if you play the SI as DS, LS, and neutral, you can get three different titles when you reach the end of your level 50 storyline. Darth Nox for DS, Darth Occlus for Neutral (I think. I was neutral +50 LS points when I got Darth Occlus.), and I heard there's a third title. I'm gonna roll a new SI and play that one LS to get the third title. I hope there's a Legacy achievement for getting all three titles....

Imperius is the LS title. I'm fairly certain there's no legacy achievement linked to them though :(