Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do people even play Operations?

JarnoldOK
02.13.2018 , 11:36 AM | #1
Hello,
It has been a long time since I have played the game, I have returned to experience the new storyline, and was quite disappointed in rewards for finishing them.
After finishing the storyline, I wanted to gear my character up to catch up so I queued for Operations.

I had been in queue in operations over and hour and nothing ever happened, so now I'm at a loss and stopping point once again as I was before I quit the game.

So my question is, do people even do operations anymore? What am I missing?
SQUADRON

11-11-11

LordTurin
02.13.2018 , 12:18 PM | #2
People do plenty of operations, but most of the time for GF ops they are pit together on fleet and then all 8 people queue together. Hang out on fleet and you should see a group forming.

P.S. if this is your first time doing ops, you probably want to let the person forming the group that you are new to ops. If they refuse to take you, it probably wouldn't be a group you'd want to be new in anyway, and they'll appreciate it.

P.P.S. you can purchase 230 set bonus gear with command tokens from a vendor in the Supply section, so you can at least get decent gear there.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Kaldron_Fell
02.13.2018 , 01:59 PM | #3
What Turin said, and this:

- Don't really need super gear, story mode (SM) ops have bolster, which should be more than enough for beginner ops

- Start with Eternity Vault or even better with Karagga's Palace. These are very accessible for those that have never done an op before, and you can get a feel if it's something you wanna do again
Cult of the Wailing Wookiee

captainwesson
02.13.2018 , 07:15 PM | #4
Of course we do, Operations are great! However, the above folks are correct, Fleet is the best place to be to see them forming in General Chat.

Also, it depends on what the Op of the day is. Iirc, today is Valley of the Machine Gods, and there aren't as many groups that pug that one or queue for replacements, due to its higher skill requirement and relative newness in the game. Eternity Vault, Karagga's Palace, sometimes Terror From Beyond and Scum and Villany, these you will have much more success with as a pug on fleet, or even queuing for them on occasion.

What server are you on, there may be some people/guilds on here that can help you learn and get back into Ops.
Happy Hunting!

merovejec
02.14.2018 , 03:00 AM | #5
As the guys above already said, yes people do operations almost non-stop.

They are a great source of CXP and also starter gear (236 gear drops from Storymode bosses). The problem with groupfinder is that people mostly make groups on the fleet and then when the group is full they que through GF and get instant pop since the group is full.

That is also the reason you cant normal get a "pop" when you just que alone. All you need to do is go to fleet and watch chat for a group being made. There are also custom created channels like "LFG" which are used so that people know there is a group being formed even when not on fleet. However you have to /cjoin such channels and know their names.
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

lightSaberAddiCt
02.27.2018 , 07:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JarnoldOK View Post
Hello,
It has been a long time since I have played the game, I have returned to experience the new storyline, and was quite disappointed in rewards for finishing them.
After finishing the storyline, I wanted to gear my character up to catch up so I queued for Operations.

I had been in queue in operations over and hour and nothing ever happened, so now I'm at a loss and stopping point once again as I was before I quit the game.

So my question is, do people even do operations anymore? What am I missing?
let me guess, are you by chance a dps? If so, good luck in GF. You would do better chilling on fleet watching for shout outs for OPs.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32