Playing a Sage: why cant I defeat those "Bleeder parts pushers"?

ClavisN

this is driving me crazy:

Playing a sage, average gear, vanilla telekinesis skills at level 24. I'm in Nar Shaddaa. in the red light distric. There are these groups of "Bleeder Parts Pusher": one silver, two normals.

And they kill me every time. They serial-stun and then ignore Qyzen, advance to me and mow me down with vibroswords. I tried every tactic I know. Sometimes I can delay it to the point where the silver guy is dead, but the other two then get me easily. Sometimes Qyzen wakes up and joins the fray, only to get stunned again within a second.

How am I supposed to fight that? I feel totally helpless w/o a tank, and I have no idea what to do to prevent that stunning. Restoration doesn't work. Force Armor doesn't stop the effect. Force wave pushes the guy back, but since he is sliver-star he is not knocked down and just comes back right away. Force stun works, but only once - I die before it comes online again, and the guy comes out of it within seconds.

And, FWIW, I have no idea how to spike damage. I never ever managed to empty my mana pool since becoming sage. I probably could wipe those suckers out if Bioware had given me a spell to burn away my pool at a decent damage/mana ratio within a few seconds - but no such luck.

The heroic cooldown is no solution either, since there are many such groups. This is not a boss, just a normal enemy mob. Even if it helped, the next mob would kill me, again.

Any Ideas? How do you kill these mobs?

Edited by ClavisN

I would suggest killing the weaker guys first, before going for the silver guy. Also, don't you have a force lift skill that you can pull with, incapacitating one of them while you're killing the other two?

How? Qyzen never gets there, they keep their distance, and I am fully occupied with the futile attempt to survive silver guy's attacks. If I had an one-shot aoe kill power for the small guys like soldiers have, I could start with that, but there is no such thing. Telekinetic Wave only ills them down to 40%.

I just died another two times trying to implement your suggestion. ***...

Edited by ClavisN
typo

Are you sending Quyzen in first to get the aggro?

Depends. When opening with force lift (as suggested), not. Else, yes. Not that it helps anyway. When Silver guy is active, he stuns him and proceeds to me.

I now managed to kill one of every 2 groups. Disabled 2 of Qyzen's powers so that he doesn't break the force lift, lifted the silver guy, and cocentrated on the others (even three). Silver guy breaks free from force lift anyway shortly, but its enough to barely survive ... unless something else comes along. In that area there are some silver robots patrolling, and if one of them joins in, I'm still toast.

I really don't get it. Is there nothing I can do to prevent Qyzen fom getting stunned and ignored? Or the wipe the lowlies from the group with the initial attack?

I usually expect to be able to kill groups up to one silver+one gold ... but this one is deadly.

Edited by ClavisN

they keep their distance

You're a sage... You have almost as much range as a rifleman with your attacks, how is that a problem? xD

But I digress. Usually when I found any problems dealing with AIs it's because I've been below the curve re: my level, usually from skipping quests out of CBA-ness and eagerness to get onto the next planet. Perhaps doing a few space missions and any bonus series you've missed would help; an extra level often makes a lot of difference.

Always kill the weakling followers first, btw, always. The 'boss' enemies in the game may do 50% more damage than an individua weak or standard guys, buy when there are 5 standard guys around with only 8% of the health of the boss, their DPS stacks it's far better for your survival to whizz round the weak enemies and kill them off and then face the boss one-on-one - you can effectively remove much more DPS by killing the minions immediately than trying to rush the boss and escape.

You're a sage... You have almost as much range as a rifleman with your attacks, how is that a problem? xD

The weren't effected by my force wave.

But I digress. Usually when I found any problems dealing with AIs it's because I've been below the curve re: my level, usually from skipping quests out of CBA-ness and eagerness to get onto the next planet. Perhaps doing a few space missions and any bonus series you've missed would help; an extra level often makes a lot of difference.

Well, Nar Shaddaa is listed as 20-24, and I'm 24 - so that should be right.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Always kill the weakling followers first, btw, always.

Yep. Thats my strategy, too. Usually.

So, to repeat my question - is there any sage equivalent to the soldier's Mortar Strike (which is ideal for that purpose)?

The weren't effected by my force wave.

Yep. Thats my strategy, too. Usually.

So, to repeat my question - is there any sage equivalent to the soldier's Mortar Strike (which is ideal for that purpose)?

Idk; I'm actually a Shadow on my main. Force in Balance has some use and I know we share it, but it's not massively potent, I guess all the cool shizzles for hitting multiple enemies at range is a little higher than 24.

So, you still have the problem... Go level anyway, come back and kick their asses. Means you'll be one level ahead of the curve for the next planet too.

Edited by QuiQuaeQuod

in case your serious, do you use force lift? or do you not know that it lasts a minute now?

if no on either of those use it.

This. Turn off Qyzen's AoEs, lift the silver, and if you don't touch him he'll stay lifted for a full minute. Kill the minions with single-target dps, heal up if you need to, and then break the lift and take out the silver.

Personaly I find sending Qyzen in first on one of the standards then casting force lift on the strong works fine. The force lift takes effect at about the same time Qyzen reaches the mob.

So if you have bubled both Qyzen and yourself before starting means Qyzen will aquier agro through his taunts before your buble drops. This way also gives you a few seconds to DPS as well before renewing Qyzens buble and healing him back to full.

Also if the lifted target is at one side of the group you can place a force quake that will hit the active mobs but not the CCed one.

Edited by MariLupus

In case you didnt catch it, the OP is suggesting hes a melee Sage.

2/10 for effort.

Maybe because it is late, but I still haven't caught that.

Anyway, as was mentioned previously: Use Force Lift on the silver (Strong) mob, then beat down the other two. Force life will last 60 seconds if it isn't interrupted. Once the other two are killed you can sit back and just heal yourself up. Then, have Qyzen attack the Strong mob while you put your DoT (Damage-over-Time) skills on it, then hammer it with Disturbance.

Hope this helps! Sages are really good at PvE, but there is a learning curve without a doubt.

How is this possible? If you're lifting the silver and dying to two normal mobs, that's...what?

Do you have gear on? Do you use your abilities? How do you die as a class with baseline heals that starts with a tank companion?

Not sure what to make of this.

Maybe you should wait till you finish the Nar Shadaa class quest. You get a nice help for stuff like this then.

Haven't been using Qyzen ever since. Decided to upgrade him yesterday a bit. Since he was still running around in his Taris gear... And I'm 47 now.

Just make sure Qyzen's AOE is off. Force lift the silver and send Qyzen in to take on one of the normal mobs. While you kill the other one. Help Qyzen finish off the 2nd (and heal up if needed). Then let him attack the Silver elite. After a few second you join in. Just watch Qyzen's health. He might need a heal.

This should work.

Aside from the fact that OP is clearly trolling from various comments (force wave doesn't effect them? BS), I'll answer.

Force Lift the Silver Mob.

Make sure Qyzen's Taunt is enabled.

Make sure Qyzen's Tank Stance is enabled.

Make sure you use your own CC break if you get stunned.

Use Medpacks if you get low.

Use Force Stun and Force Wave if you run into trouble.

If you still have trouble with a silver and 2 normals after all that... quit the game.

• 1 year later...

Use your mez on the silver, run in with bubble on and use your force wave (or whatever it's called) to knock down the two normals, this will give Qyzen an easy chance to leap in and do some damage before he gets stunned.

My Sage is also around level 25 and I actually think it's the easiest char to level with.. even more so than my Sorcerer for some reason. Telekinetic Throw stops weak/standard mobs from moving, and slows anything else that ignores that. You can easily create distance between you and your target with force speed + force wave. Not to mention you also get a self heal now.

EDIT: Yer just realised date of this thread..

Make sure you are all healed before you try to take them on.

Did you? :\

Edited by WaldoA

• 3 weeks later...
Personaly I find sending Qyzen in first on one of the standards then casting force lift on the strong works fine. The force lift takes effect at about the same time Qyzen reaches the mob.

So if you have bubled both Qyzen and yourself before starting means Qyzen will aquier agro through his taunts before your buble drops. This way also gives you a few seconds to DPS as well before renewing Qyzens buble and healing him back to full.

Also if the lifted target is at one side of the group you can place a force quake that will hit the active mobs but not the CCed one.

We don't get force quake until much later unless I'm miising some super secret trainer that has it by lvl 24

Make sure you are all healed before you try to take them on.

Interesting. Do you really think he's stuck on the same mobs a year later?

Mind you, with some of the players I've encountered in this game, anything's possible.