Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can any one suggest a similar game that's not dieing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Can any one suggest a similar game that's not dieing?

xdandeman
11.13.2019 , 11:20 PM | #1
I posted this to a friend who's been playing much longer than me. He's been thru expansions before, but "It's just becoming more obvious they plan to let the game fail, sad, there's dailies you can't do on Onderan because the items never spawn, and they are pretty boring dailies anyway., You would think they would have fixed the story line at least but i cant do Sneak no more and can't abandon it , they dont give you the 'holocommunicator you're supposed to use , pvp is just rampant with hackers and they dont give the reward any more unless you are on the winning team (You used to get the reward as long as you got 1 medal, can't get 8 medals with all the hacking. customer service doesn't respond any more. sad, guess I'll be looking for something that's not dieing, , ."

SteveTheCynic
11.14.2019 , 01:36 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by xdandeman View Post
I posted this to a friend who's been playing much longer than me. He's been thru expansions before, but "It's just becoming more obvious they plan to let the game fail, sad,
Oh noes!! Game is dying!!!!111!! People have been saying that for as long as I've been reading these forums (er, March 2013), and the word is that they said that during the betas.
there's dailies you can't do on Onderan because the items never spawn, and they are pretty boring dailies anyway.,
Dailies everywhere are boring, always, no matter which game it is. And (at least some of) the bugs are apparently being fixed in the patch today.
You would think they would have fixed the story line at least but i cant do Sneak no more and can't abandon it , they dont give you the 'holocommunicator you're supposed to use ,
Climb up the crates to the little alcove where the green ring is and the next part activates automatically. No holocommunicator is actually needed.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

merovejec
11.14.2019 , 02:40 AM | #3
There is nothing comparable to play, this is Star Wars. The game would be nothing without the SW franchise. Beside this you can only play medieval type games, so there is nothing in comparison to this. Also why would you change? The game is not as ambitions as it was at start, but they are hanging there. Things are always broken, but they are fixing them as they go.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

SerraShar
11.14.2019 , 05:41 AM | #4
well you can always play Kotor 1 and 2, if you didn't already. They aged well and still the best thing ever
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

Ylliarus
11.15.2019 , 08:00 AM | #5
I have a great game suggestion for you! If you want to play a game like this, go play Star Wars The Old Republic, because there's no other game out there like it! It has amazing story content, absolutely fantastic dialogues and cutscenes and a nice, engaging population. It may not be the game with the biggest player population out there, but over the last couple of weeks it has been growing significantly again. Most importantly, it's a game that's absolutely not dying, just like you asked for! So yeah, if you want a similar game that's not dying, I strongly recommend Star Wars The Old Republic!
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Oh noes!! Game is dying!!!!111!! People have been saying that for as long as I've been reading these forums (er, March 2013), and the word is that they said that during the betas.
Can confirm, I have been hearing the same since I joined on November 25, 2012. And yet, here we are 7 years later and the game is still very much alive and kicking.

You would think they would have fixed the story line at least but i cant do Sneak no more and can't abandon it , they dont give you the 'holocommunicator you're supposed to use
Can also confirm what the other poster said. You don't need any communicator, but you climb up the nearby crates and there will be a green circle you need to get into and the next part will start automatically.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Xina_LA
11.15.2019 , 09:35 AM | #6
The sky is falling! Oh wait... no it's not. It's just another whiner.
Sorry, I'm just getting sick of the "it's dying" Fleet chat lately.

SWTOR has a lot of variety of activities. You can find something you like, if you try.
Give space combat a go, either version. Decorate a stronghold and invite friends to a party.
Go unlock all the secret pets. Do achievements. Try a really snarky Dark-side toon.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Monumenta
11.15.2019 , 10:26 AM | #7

Ylliarus
11.15.2019 , 07:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
The sky is falling! Oh wait... no it's not. It's just another whiner.
Sorry, I'm just getting sick of the "it's dying" Fleet chat lately.

SWTOR has a lot of variety of activities. You can find something you like, if you try.
Give space combat a go, either version. Decorate a stronghold and invite friends to a party.
Go unlock all the secret pets. Do achievements. Try a really snarky Dark-side toon.
Heck, they can even go and join a Roleplay guild, create their own story in the Star Wars universe! There's tons of possibilities out there

And the game is not dying, it is not anywhere near death. The doomsayers have been professing for years that SWTOR is dead but the game proves quite the contrary! It's alive and kicking and will remain such for years to come.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]

SerraShar
11.15.2019 , 11:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Heck, they can even go and join a Roleplay guild, create their own story in the Star Wars universe! There's tons of possibilities out there

And the game is not dying, it is not anywhere near death. The doomsayers have been professing for years that SWTOR is dead but the game proves quite the contrary! It's alive and kicking and will remain such for years to come.
You do know that just make it sound worse right ? lol

I mean if it was dying, you can have some 'empathy' toward the dev. The game is on its last leg! maybe its on life support.....

But saying the game is 'Thriving', and 'Doing Great' and the dev are working with a skeleton crew (Still), the content leak drop by drop..and on a crawl....and no funding from EA at all for the 'Success that brough them close to 1Bill'' to fix the gazillion of bugs and what not ...

It make it sound worse . It make it sound like they just don't care . Ea or BW or both .

To me, when someone say 'Hey! Something is a success, X is thriving!'' that mean there is something that show for it. Not just 'mere words' from forum goer . And I wouldn't trust the Dev word either actually, cose their 'Idea' of 'Success' reek and is lousy . You want to prove to your player base that this game aint dying ? How about you start hiring back more peoples to fix the gazillion of issues past and present and futur ?

Then...maybe the doomsayer will retire .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

Ylliarus
11.16.2019 , 04:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
You do know that just make it sound worse right ? lol

I mean if it was dying, you can have some 'empathy' toward the dev. The game is on its last leg! maybe its on life support.....

But saying the game is 'Thriving', and 'Doing Great' and the dev are working with a skeleton crew (Still), the content leak drop by drop..and on a crawl....and no funding from EA at all for the 'Success that brough them close to 1Bill'' to fix the gazillion of bugs and what not ...

It make it sound worse . It make it sound like they just don't care . Ea or BW or both .

To me, when someone say 'Hey! Something is a success, X is thriving!'' that mean there is something that show for it. Not just 'mere words' from forum goer . And I wouldn't trust the Dev word either actually, cose their 'Idea' of 'Success' reek and is lousy . You want to prove to your player base that this game aint dying ? How about you start hiring back more peoples to fix the gazillion of issues past and present and futur ?

Then...maybe the doomsayer will retire .
Do dying games get regular content updates? Do dying games get expansions introducing an entirely new story that obviously has to continue? No, they don't. The very fact that SWTOR has had an entire expansion released, proves that the game is nowhere near maintenance mode and absolutely nowhere near death. Over the past couple of weeks I have seen that the amount of players in various places in the game has drastically increased. There are sometimes 4 to 5 instances on the Fleets, while there were 1 or 2 pre-Onslaught. The same goes for other planets like Korriban, Tython, Dromund Kaas and Coruscant etc etc.

The entire "the game is on its last legs" narrative is absolutely false and based on subjective experiences, not objective, factual data. There is no factual, objective evidence to suggest that SWTOR is nearing its end.

Yes, I agree, the game is not what it used to be. It isn't as huge as it once was, for example like in 2012 when I joined. But in all those years of SWTOR I have seen the game to be stable, incredibly stable in terms of content release and general game activity. There have been drops and rises in player population but that's normal with every game. But while the amount of resources and manpower have indeed decreased for SWTOR, to say that it's on it's last legs is absolutely ludicrous and based on highly subjective pieces of information expressed by people that - for some inexplicable reason - frankly want the game to shut down, I believe.

What I'd suggest to you, is to not fall for the doomsayers' rants. I have seen their narrative be repeated year after year ever since I started playing in 2012, it's EXACTLY the same every year. And never have I seen them provide factual, objective data to support their claims, it's always been baseless conjecture, highly subjective and cherry picked observations and ludicrous conspiracy theories. Don't buy into it, because their "SWTOR is dying" narrative is exactly the same as those of the people saying "the world will end on [insert random date] for sure this time". Take it from someone who is nearing his 7 year anniversary of playing this game without any prolonged breaks
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]