3.0 Sorcerer Utlity skills

cs_zoltan

From the stream (it could still change before launch!!)

T1

• Force Suffusion: overload heals you and 7 others for X amount
  • Chain Shock: shock damage dealt +5%, 50% chance for a second shock for 50% damage
  • Sith Defiance: +3% damage reduction
  • Tempest Mastery: +25% Force Storm damage
  • Empty Body: +10% healing recieved
  • Sap Strenght: after Electrocute ends 25% less damage dealt for 10sec
  • Oppressing Force: Electrocute -10sec cd, Whirlwind afffect 2 more weak target

T2

• Suppression: Cloud Mind increase damage reduction by 25% for 6sec
  • Corrupted Flesh: DoT damage reduction by 15%
  • Emersion: same as Fadeout
  • Dark Resiliance: Consumption uses 25% less health and Unnatural Preservation heals for +30%
  • Backlash: Bubblestun, 3sec duration. Breaks on direct damage dealt
  • Electrical Binds: Overload root for 5sec, after 2sec damage dealt breaks the effect
  • Lightning Barrier: Static barrier absorbs +20% damage

T3

• Surging Speed: Polarity **** grants + 50% movespeed + 0.5 force speed duration, on Force Barrier end Force Speed cooldown resets
  • Shapeless Spirit: 30% stun damage reduction
  • Force Haste: -5sec Force Speed cooldown, -3sec Force Slow cooldown, -30sec Force Barrier cooldown
  • Force Mobility: Thundring Blast, Force Leech, Innervate is mobile
  • Conspiring Force: Affliction slows by 30%
  • Corrupted Barrier: Static Barrier, Force Barrier, Enduring Bastion heals for 2% of total heal/second, scales up to 8% with Enduring Bastion stacks
  • Haunted Dreams: if Whirlwind breaks early +2sec hard stun, instant Whirlwind

Edited by cs_zoltan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not catch the whole stream so care to explain;

Emerson: same as Fadeout

Only thing that comes to mind is Fadeout from the Deception tree and I am not 100% sure that its called Fadeout. But I presume its an AoE damage reduction?

It's the Force Speed talent that you can't be rooted and such while it's on.

Healing Sorcs/Sages have officially become the Star Wars version of WoW 5.4 Disc Priests! Yay!!! The changes are awesome and the new "Roaming Mend" ability is going to be amazing. Now we just have to hope for improved smart healing... it's almost there, but not quite. Overall, very satisfied!

I'm going to miss using Force Lightning in rotation. :-( What I'm *not* going to miss is constantly having to refresh Affliction.

Agreed 100%. I guess they needed to find the GCD for the new instant ability, and not reapplying affliction makes me happy but I'll miss FL. So many yellow numbers <3

Also am I the only one wondering about no more rejuvenate?

I know it's still a work-in-progress (and I have only had the chance to read Dulfy's notes), but two quick points:

1. I think BioWare should look at reworking Convection (passive) as it would seem to imply it would be a dps boost to use Force Speed in rotation to give two instant casts. (Maybe I'm missing something here?)

2. This is a personal preference but ability activation upon the chance of damage received as in Subversion (passive) is less desirable than a proc based on actions or abilities I activate.

I'm going to miss using Force Lightning in rotation. :-( What I'm *not* going to miss is constantly having to refresh Affliction.

And for TB?? You still need Affliction up for the auto crit.

Not as much as I'm gona miss Electrical Binds and Lightning Barrier in PVP :(

You can get Electric Bindings...

Electric Bindings and Lighting Barrier (and Backlash) are still there but are now 'utility' abilities, and as such usable by any 'Discipline'.

You can get Electric Bindings...

Yes, but you only have 7 utility points. You need 3 to advance to Tier2, you need 1 for the mobile Thundering Blast and that only leaves 3 utility point for Tier 2. You obviously need Suppression and Emersion so only 1 point left. You can chose between Electrical Binds or bubble stun.

So yes you can...if you give up on better options.

Yes, but you only have 7 utility points. You need 3 to advance to Tier2, you need 1 for the mobile Thundering Blast and that only leaves 3 utility point for Tier 2. You obviously need Suppression and Emersion so only 1 point left. You can chose between Electrical Binds or bubble stun.

So yes you can...if you give up on better options.

Yup.... That's true sadly :(

Lightning Burns (passive): Damage dealt by Force Lightning has a 20% chance and damage dealt by Lightning Strike has a 60% chance to apply Lightning Burns to the target, which deals 835 energy damage restores 2 forces after 1 second.

Wrath (passive): Dealing damage with Force Lightning produces a stack of Wrath. At 4 stacks, Wrath causes your next Lightning Strike, Crushing Darkness, or Demolish to activate instantly, consume 50% less Force and deals 25% more damage.

);

4 stacks );. brand new madness in 3.0

4 stacks );. brand new madness in 3.0

So basically they're killing the only element of the spec that was hard (the clip)? The only element that separated the lolfacerollers from the 4.3k-ers? Just when I thought Madness couldn't get any worse…

Edited by KeyboardNinja

1. I think BioWare should look at reworking Convection (passive) as it would seem to imply it would be a dps boost to use Force Speed in rotation to give two instant casts. (Maybe I'm missing something here?)

Lightning Strike has the same cast time as a GCD so no it's not a DPS gain.

Lightning Strike has the same cast time as a GCD so no it's not a DPS gain.

It would allow you to accelerate certain proc rates under circumstances where things get delayed. So basically the same way that Arsenal moves up the Barrage proc using Power Surge. Aside from that, I don't think it's really all that interesting except as a mobility improvement.

Also GG, pushback is back:

Subversion (passive): Reduces the pushback suffered when activating Chain Lighting. Lighting Strike, Crushing Darkness, Thundering Blast, and Lighting Bolt by 75%.

Sith Efficacy (passive): Reduces the pushback suffered while activating Force Leach by 75% and Force Lightning by 100%.