Play for the winning team!

lexiekaboom

1.2 looks AWESOME. I honestly can't wait. Also, the guild summit in general showed the game has a great future and some fantastic things coming up. In fact it looks like they are fixing almost everything truly critical, exact one thing;

Faction imbalance. The faction imbalance in this game is HUGE. Larger then any game I have ever seen or even heard of. It's so big I'm shocked to my core they would go public with the number.

When asked directly what they were going to do about this, the devs said there was nothing they could do, and the only solution was adding legacy incentives like race unlocked to encourage people to play for the other faction.

Interesting point: The Chiss are the most popular race with fans (as voted time and time again at TEU events). A close second is pure blood sith. You know, the two races you have to PLAY ON THE EMPIRE to unlock. Republic get green aliens and blind people. So when people jump ship to race unlock they are going to the empire side, not the other way around.

With ranked warzones your personal performance is going to depend a lot on your team performance. The "nothing we can do or plan to do" comment about faction imbalance puts a nail in the coffin of anyone hoping for warzone balance in the near future. If you are losing 9 out of 10 WZ today because the other side has more people with gear you need to understand: THIS WILL NEVER CHANGE. The people making this game have told us they can not do anything about it. Think about what that means for the few seconds. They are continuing with the "reward the faction that is winning PVP with better PVP gear that helps them win even more" game play post 1.2, so if you are not on the winning side, today, right now ... you will never be a top ranked player.

So new poeple, I beg you, please please please play Sith. This goes double if you PVP. You will have a HORRIBLE experience playing republic; less groups, less guilds, less raids, less PVP wins, harder to get PVP gear ... the game will be much, much less fun. I love this game and want to see if grow, and believe me, if you pick sith you will be here for years to come, because the game is fantastic.

If you pick republic you will only see the worst of what this game has to offer. You will be frustrated by PVP, and challanged doing PVE game content due to the lack of people on your side. This will grow worse as people jump ship for the awesome sith unlocks, and start to see they need to be in sith teams to be competitive in ranked PVP.

In short, do not make the mistake so many people did in WoW, Rith, and AoC.

When the dev team flat out SAYS we give up, the faction imbalance is a problem WE CAN NOT SOLVE ... do the smart thing. Play for the winning team.

On my Republic characters I win more Warzones than I lose.

I like my Imperial characters more though because I love the stories, the looks, and the quests on that side. But my PVP experience is closer to 50/50 win/loss.

I honestly don't see how they can fix a server imbalance because it's dependent on the players themselves and what side they decide to roll on for that server. This is something the devs have absolutely no control over. It's not like the devs can look at a certain server and say oh... this is way to empire heavy, let me just take all these players and move them to this server instead. If that were to happen, i'm sure there would be a whole lotta players that would be freaking out about that. Edited by haliy

On my Republic characters I win more Warzones than I lose.

I like my Imperial characters more though because I love the stories, the looks, and the quests on that side. But my PVP experience is closer to 50/50 win/loss.

This. Pubs usually have 2-3 healers. Imps have 0-1. That's why Pubs win more.