BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

Maylander

I decided to gear my T7 with oranges and whatnot. I had the money to burn.

Anyway, I beat the emperor first try very easily (combat specced sentinel). I did pop my unity ability and would have popped the rest of my legacy abilities but he died too fast

And while I haven't read this thread to its entirety, which I assume it has been mentioned, if you solve a puzzle before entering the boss fight, you'll get T7 green level 50 gear. The puzzle:

You only need to change the symbol points to look like the empire logo

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Force Blast just smashed me about 15 times in a row as a Combat Sentinel.

I interrupted it twice, once with Force Stasis once with Awe, whilst getting rid of his 3rd lot of adds, then he just charged it up again and killed me.

Force Sweep didn't interrupt it at all.

So much for the Jedi Knight story being finished any time soon.

My first toon aswell, I was looking forward to moving on :(

Try using your actual Interrupt instead of your pseudo-interrupts and you'll find it very easy.

I've been gearing my T7 on and off, and by the final fight he had pretty good gear from the puzzle chest. I don't know if it's because of that or because I'm a Focus Guardian, but the fight was INCREDIBLEY easy! All I needed to do was interrupt Force Blast and move around some and the Emperor was easy to beat! So much easier than any other boss. I feel like BioWare might've overcompensated when editing the fight to make it easier. Edited by RCcarroll

• 3 weeks later...

I see 95% of these people are Overpowered DPS spec Sentinels or Overpowered DPS spec Guardians.

I do not see one Tank say they can complete the fight as our DPS is so freaking awesome we die before done.

Step 1 fire the moron that created this fight for all Jedi Knights as he has no clue as to differences in spec.

Step 2 let us get a freaking healer as tanks need one to do any DPS at all.

I am not going to go RESPEC to DPS just to do this fight and if expected to is clearly unfair to tanks.

I see 95% of these people are Overpowered DPS spec Sentinels or Overpowered DPS spec Guardians.

I do not see one Tank say they can complete the fight as our DPS is so freaking awesome we die before done.

Step 1 fire the moron that created this fight for all Jedi Knights as he has no clue as to differences in spec.

I am not going to go RESPEC to DPS just to do this fight and if expected to is clearly unfair to tanks.

Completed as a pvp tank spec (27/12/2) back in Jan on my 1st try so it is possible. I thought the fight was more difficult than it would have been on a DPS but very fun and very doable. Changing it would only diminish the epicness of fighting the mofo'in emperor!

Edited by Jaypee

I did it two nights ago with my full tank spec'd gaurdian. Granted, I had been 50 since belsavis and was somewhat decently equipped with half a set of battlemaster and the rest orange/purple gear with 50 + 56 lvl mods. Came in at about 19k hp with stims and the trooper buff. I had not upgraded T7 since the low 20s but the floor puzzle in the temple solved that more or less. I turned off his tank stance and tried to reduce his aggro as much as possible by disabling some of his other abilities to let me deal with that while he took potshots. To be honest I don't think he made much of a difference.

Anyway, during the fight I hadn't read anything about it (stupid) and believed that he would keep adding clones until I was overwhelmed, so I kept trying to fight off the clones and couldn't interrupt voice of the emporer because I'd lose the actual emporer in the crowd. Then, I just decided to stick with the emporer and wail on him the entire fight while ignoring the adds. Tried to keep them close enough though that force sweep, awe, and the aoe from gaurdian slash with the 5 stacked sundering armor would deal with them somewhat, though. Took a lot more than "one slash" but once I figured out the mechanics it was pretty straightforward...and a pretty epic conclusion to the class story. I also still had most of my health left so even with 14-15k hp I think would have been doable.

Edited by DrewFromPhilly

I just completed this fight at level 46 as full tank spec guardian, in mostly purple level 40ish gear. It wasn't easy, and took about 10 attempts, but once I got the hang of the mechanics (using the pillars and interrupts) it was definitely doable. At level 46 a fair percent of my interrupts and CCs didn't hit either :)

I've used legacy abilities as a crutch when leveling this toon (which I have only done the absolute bare minimum of quests to finish, wanted to see how low level I could be and finish the story), and it took a few failures with heroic moment/unify to make me realize that T7 didn't matter after the first wave or 2.

Key for me was to take T7's EMP ability off auto attack, and manually activate it on the first two waves after using awe to stun the mob. Took out both of the waves in one attack. He died before 3rd wave so that one I had to run around swinging with strike after stunning the real emperor.

So I'm just curious, in this mission, before I finished it, I took the light side path and went to save Kira. As a result, the game kept throwing lines at me about how I'd sacrificed my strength, yadda, yadda, yadda. Anyway, the fight was confusing, I kept getting "distracted" by the clones, only to find, by the time I finally turned my attention to the main boss, little ol'T7 (geared in blue droid armor thanks to Cybertech and set to DPS mode) had basically solo'd the main boss down to less than 30% health. T7's health finally gave out and I went into panic mode and dropped the guy in less than 10 seconds afterwards. So yeah, apparently I'm an overpowered Sentinel or something, but to get back to the original point/question:

Does the light side choice make any actual difference in the difficulty of the fight? Or does it just mean the mission take longer because of the added goal, and all the rest is flavor?

I did the fight perfectly just a few minutes ago as a tank guardian.

All I had to do was set T7 to DPS and interrupt the force blast move. I finished on more than half health and T7 had about two thirds. The fight was easy once I started interrupting force blast. Seriously.

For the record, I have level 49/50 gear and am not a particularly good player. In fact, I play more like a casual player. I did it on the third attempt. If in doubt, get some medpacks and stims.

P.S. Ignore the clones. Go straight for the Emperor.

Edited by llesna

So I'm just curious, in this mission, before I finished it, I took the light side path and went to save Kira. As a result, the game kept throwing lines at me about how I'd sacrificed my strength, yadda, yadda, yadda. Anyway, the fight was confusing, I kept getting "distracted" by the clones, only to find, by the time I finally turned my attention to the main boss, little ol'T7 (geared in blue droid armor thanks to Cybertech and set to DPS mode) had basically solo'd the main boss down to less than 30% health. T7's health finally gave out and I went into panic mode and dropped the guy in less than 10 seconds afterwards. So yeah, apparently I'm an overpowered Sentinel or something, but to get back to the original point/question:

Does the light side choice make any actual difference in the difficulty of the fight? Or does it just mean the mission take longer because of the added goal, and all the rest is flavor?

I actually wondered about that as well - especially when lord scourge said afterwards how foolish I was to let the emperor gather his strength and that we were lucky to even be alive and whatnot. I hate that guy, what a downer spoiling the party after I kill the flippin emperor. But it was Sargeant Rusk I saved tho, so maybe that depends on companion affection or is just completely random. Honestly though, if scourge had been there I'd have left him and then ran through esseles a couple times to get back to light 5 afterwards lol

Edited by DrewFromPhilly

i cannot believe you guys found this fight that hard done it on my second attempt at level 48 (second because i messed up and got 1hit by his lightning) plus my advanced class skills where all over the place before i switched for full defence tree it is really easy did not even need t7 as you said he dies in 1hit without gear anyway so its like a 99.79% solo rate on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this is beyond ridiculous no other class has such a fracking finial fight.

I can care less its the emperor this is my 4th 50 an this fight has a one shot insta kill need to be fixed.

The fact they screw you with having you take a companion you have not geared or used in 30 levels need to be fixed as well.

Kira had resisted the emperor so why can she not assist or scourge seriously t7 .

No one should be forced to group to beat a solo mission.

37k one shot hits, the dev who thought that was ok needs to be nut punched until they never writes code for any video game again ever,

Edited by Nategray

I can care less its the emperor this is my 4th 50 an this fight has a one shot insta kill need to be fixed.

The fact they screw you with having you take a companion you have not geared or used in 30 levels need to be fixed as well.

Kira had resisted the emperor so why can she not assist or scourge seriously t7 .

37k one shot hits, the dev who thought that was ok needs to be nut punched until they never writes code for any video game again ever,

There's a puzzle on the floor of the temple that, when completed, will give you decent upgrades for T7. All you have to do is align the symbols to show the imperial insignia via the six pillars surrounding the puzzle.

Also, interrupting insta kill abilities is something you need to do in many of the hard mode and even standard mode level 50 flashpoints. The fight with Malgus in false emperor comes to mind right away, a missed interrupt on his unlimited power cast can easily wipe the group.

No one can resist the Emperor except the Knight when facing him ,what Kira resisted is stopping the Emperor controlling her from far away. The knight can take Kira/Scourge but that's a risk they can not take given how importance that mission is.

• 3 months later...

Did anyone fight the Emperor after the last Patch?Am I so terribly overgeared or he is so easy?

I am Vigiliance Guardian, 50 lvl, tionese set with crafted Rakata belt and bracelets, and Columi ear\implants. T 7 geared with quest rewards from Voss and Correlia (the same as the ones in the Ancient Chest)

The fight was a joke... haven't use a medpack or any defense CD, interruped his cast maybe once. I am not even sure I hit Emperor often, because i totally lost him in the crowd of his clones.. so T 7probably did most of the job. He died, but Emperor followed few seconds later so it didn't really matter. I wasnt able to watch for Emperor's healthbar so if I somehow oneshotted him via bug I cant tell.

I remember how my SW kept wiping on Draagh and Baras back before 1.1. It was annoying as hell, but gave me a sense of accomplishment after I finally killed them. Here I felt only disappointment and wanted to shout: "Really? That's it?"

So have anyone had the same experience? Maybe my fight was bugged or somethiing?

"defeated by the emperor with force blast 39k damage"

happens every time when I'm busy killing clones

is this a joke to hold me back, like to get minimum value for my subscription ?

Fix the damn fight or allow us to skip everything past a certain point without consequences.

I found the whole story ( jk ) awfuly boring because there are to many pointless go and kill pieces.

I will fill a complaint ticket as I can't get past this point to enjoy the game I paid for - I consider it a bug .

And , by the way, this is my 1st toon so don't ask me to get better gear, I'm in the tionese I got at 50.

I did killed him in the 3rd or 4th attempt but I do think it's game breaking.

Breaks the whole victory feeling and it's frustrating.

Like "got thrashed - end game and adventures " , uninstall this crap.

Edited by Voronius

I did my Emperor fight last night with my Guardian geared in Tionese stuff. Equiped my T7 with 47-50 blue gear and used no med pack. After the fight was over T7 had its full health and my guardian had it halved. Took me only 30 seconds to kill him and his clones and there were no bug-kill issue.

Killing him shouldn't be so hard with the end game lvl1 gears and some experience. The people having problem to kill emperor must at least get their tionese gear(which is free btw) and take him down easely. Just keep interrupting his casts and stay on him. Don't bother with his clones. This is the major thing to do.

When I did it he died so fast I dont think he even got a chance to cast anything I needed to interrupt. T7 took out the fakes on his own. Also, make sure you gear up T7 first or do the puzzle to get the free gear for him during the mission. This fight, for me at least, is by far the easiest level 50 class boss of the game. (out of 6 I've done so far)

A few hints but to be honest once you figure it out the fight will be a let down.

The hardest part of this fight is not losing track of the "real" Emperor. The moment you do you also lose track of his channeled insta-death cast. After figuring that out, the fight was a let down as the cast time for the Force Blast is long enough that your 8 second interrupt will come off cooldown in time to stop it. If it doesn't, you can use Hilt Strike and Force Stasis to cover, as well as using Force Push to give you a little more breathing room.

I tried to use an OPs marker on the Emperor but it would not let me. It only occurred to me after the fact that I should have made the real Emperor my focus target, but by then I figured it out and didn't have to try. If you can focus target the Emperor before engaging in combat it should make it a lot easier to keep an eye out for that one-shot.

Edited by Grayseven
Additional Info: