Ad bar is still broken

DeannaVoyager

Ad bar still keeps jumping to it's default position when travelling to different zones. Either I have to relod the UI again every time I land somewhere, or drag the bar every time to where I want it. Fix it please, it's is getting beyond ridicilous, not to mention really annoying.

Couple questions. The bar does not move on me. Since I placed it in the upper-left corner of my screen it has stayed put and only opens on Conquest reset.

Do you keep Moveable Secondary Windows enabled at all times? I have had that setting on since 2012, so my UI file has that setting enabled.

Have you tried saving your UI layout after moving the bar? If I remember correctly, after I moved the bar to the upper-left corner I opened the UI editor and saved my layout again. I have not been able to find a line in the UI file for the bar, but I have not performed a line-by-line comparison of two different layouts with the bar in different locations. It is also entirely possible that the placement settings are associated with our UI layout but not saved locally in the UI layout file.

Not trying to excuse BW in any way. I am just trying to find out why the bar behaves differently for different people and hopefully find a way to make it behave.

Edited by ceryxp

Couple questions. The bar does not move on me. Since I placed it in the upper-left corner of my screen it has stayed put and only opens on Conquest reset.

Do you keep Moveable Secondary Windows enabled at all times? I have had that setting on since 2012, so my UI file has that setting enabled.

Have you tried saving your UI layout after moving the bar? If I remember correctly, after I moved the bar to the upper-left corner I opened the UI editor and saved my layout again. I have not been able to find a line in the UI file for the bar, but I have not performed a line-by-line comparison of two different layouts with the bar in different locations. It is also entirely possible that the placement settings are associated with our UI layout but not saved locally in the UI layout file.

Not trying to excuse BW in any way. I am just trying to find out why the bar behaves differently for different people and hopefully find a way to make it behave.

I moved the bar to bottom left corner, because on defaut spot there was a gap between the edge of the window and the ad bar, and I can't have that as it messes up some other stuff in my UI. And yes, I have Moveable Secondary Windows enabled, and yes, I have saved and loaded the custom interface and I'm using the same interface on all my toons.

It's jumping back to the default location almost on every travel I do, and I am really getting annoyed with it. If it's a toon I haven't played after CQ reset, I have to minimize it first, that's one extra click I didn't ask for. Then I have to either reload the interface or drag it down again ( I usually load the UI because it's faster), so that's another extra click that is really unnecessary, and I have to do every time because I can't play when the ad bar is on the default location.

It wasn't this bad when it was launched. It rarely jumped then. Aftger it was "fixed" it started to do it more often. Now it's doing it pretty much all the time. The only difference between now and when it was "fixed" is more players online, as we just got tons of players from Steam. But yeah, it needs to stick where I put it or added to interface editor.

I am going to try to compare two UI layout files and see if I can find anything related to the bar. I know this is an incredibly frustrating situation for a number of people and BW does not appear to be doing anything about it (or maybe they are but they have yet to even acknowledge the problem so how are we supposed to know?).

• 3 weeks later...
I gave up hoping it was going to get changed, but I dont think thats every going to happen, and succumbed to the fact that I'm just going to always have to minimize it after a log in.

Minimizing it every time after CQ reset is one (very annoyingf) thing, the ad bar hopping back to the default location every now and then is another. Because they didn't do it properly in the first place, I had to move the bar, and it doesn't stick where I put it. So it's not just having to minimize the bar at least once a week, it's having to drag it out of the way too over and over again.

I'm having the same issue on my two most played characters (who have their own custom UI.) I moved the bar to the bottom left corner of my screen and it moves back to the default (top left) spot and <b>behind my chat window</b> after almost every loading screen. It's getting extremely tedious to put everything back where I want it all the time...

• 1 month later...