Good guilds still accused of hacks

Spliffy-TreesOG

Oh I do, and plenty of it!

I record many of my wzs on the different servers I play.

When something happens, I review it and then file my tickets. Often, I can tell EAware exactly how it was done.

But I'm not into publicly humiliating people, not even cheaters, so you won't find anything posted here or youtube.

Neither will I call out players in general chat, or name names of individuals or guilds on this forum.

My goal is simply to clean up this game.

Which is not easy, in part due to EAware's lousy code, their hush-hush attitude about cheating, their desire not to lose any subscribers, and last but not least, all those "there are no cheaters" trolls, covering for their buddies, their guilds or their own transgressions.

So I will continue to watch, report, and sometimes explain to players how certain exploits work - an educated player base is the best weapon against cheaters.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA... wait wait... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I do, and plenty of it!

I record many of my wzs on the different servers I play.

When something happens, I review it and then file my tickets. Often, I can tell EAware exactly how it was done.

But I'm not into publicly humiliating people, not even cheaters, so you won't find anything posted here or youtube.

Neither will I call out players in general chat, or name names of individuals or guilds on this forum.

My goal is simply to clean up this game.

Which is not easy, in part due to EAware's lousy code, their hush-hush attitude about cheating, their desire not to lose any subscribers, and last but not least, all those "there are no cheaters" trolls, covering for their buddies, their guilds or their own transgressions.

So I will continue to watch, report, and sometimes explain to players how certain exploits work - an educated player base is the best weapon against cheaters.

I call ******** of the 'plenty of it', and for that matter, most of what you're saying. Either that, or you have plenty of 'evidence' of what you *think* is hacking. Which is very different. :p

But on a side note, hacking and exploiting. Do people here differentiate the two when discussing this? I've heard of some exploits in the game, and I've noticed some things that I'm not sure would be considered exploits or not. Who decides that?

For example, Novare Coast. As some of you know, if you stand in just the right spot in the corner of the huts, your nameplate is invisible, which for a lot of people, will give you damn good camouflage. I doubt that was the intention of the developers for there to be that little blindspot, and most players don't know/don't use it. So my question is, for anyone really, would that be considered an 'exploit' or just playing the map? If that's an exploit, is that just as bad as 'hacking'? In the dev's eyes, not ours. I'd really like to know. :p

What I am wondering is this. If quite a few of us used our carnage spec marauder alts over a weekend, or even a week, will the number of claims or reporting of hackers increase? Can you imagine what would happen if, I don't know, a few of us got together ingame and ran full carnage spec pvp teams in regs? Coordinated over mumble? I stress the coordinated because of the continuous speed boost that could be applied. "You go first, you second, etc" What would happen if someone who only knows rage spec, or only went up against rage spec, ran into this team?

Or a team of 4 operatives and 4 non stealthers? Imagine if they are tanks that can jump to team mates. Couple with a lag spike or two or the fact that they are jumping to someone they cant see, esp in huttsball, can cause problems. The reason for the use of operatives, is that they can stealth the others and make the whole team pop of thin air.

An ignorant person may react 2 ways. They may seek out the information or make up an excuse for their ignorance. Like someone sig says "what we dont know we can make me anything." My carnage marauder is retired from pvp till I feel (my opinion) he won't get reported...

Edited by Mr_Elotes

I figured this was an appropriate compilation of ''hackusations'' for the thread.....but don't worry ''they'll take care of me''

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff361/srenihan/Hackland_zps6e74cc4a.png

Lol you must be very good to get that many compliments

I've seen that galaxie slinger accuse people of hacking in every single wz i've been in with him. So much so that he gets 2 other people talking about it in chat. While i particularly don't care what he thinks he stops helping in the wz and either starts reporting people or calling them out.

I suspect that the majority of people that are getting banned for hacks are the botters. I do know that there are many people who run space bots for easy money. Nobody would be able to see these people botting space missions except for BW.

In WZ's it seems like it would just be too obvious to get away with for long. I've been accused of hacking myself from a 15k maurader who kept trying to face tank me when my defensive CD's were up.

It's just too damn easy and convienient to make the accusation and report people for it. BW has their meathods of checking it out. I just find it hard to believe that BW would permaban someone without some sort of evidence.

Yeah its amazing how ppl assume that they can just buy SWTOR (when it became F2P) spend some time gearing there toon out and enter a wz and be on the level of a player who has been pvping since day 1... thats funny as hell.

FYI...to you hackusators that got solo'd and claimed hacks...in a 1v1 situation Gear is 50% of the battle, now when you going against someone that is not as geared as you, knock that 50% up to about 80%, now what that means is that if your not a total noob you have a 80% chance to beat that player in a 1v1 situation with damage reduction and damage boost. Now here comes the fun part, lets say your going against someone as equally geared as you, now in the 1v1 situation both players have a 50% chance to when the fight. Now what's the other 50%, ITS PLAYER SKILL NOT HACKS. Player Skill is not omething that you come into the game with its developed over time and im pretty sure that the guys that are getting called hackers are seasoned vets of PvP and the guys that are making hacksations havent been pvping as long as those guys. Player Skill for you noobs is knowing what skills and talents to use against a certain class, watching the other players Procs and not wasting your best ability when he/she defensive cd's are up and also knowing how to manage your own defensive cd's. These skills are developed over time and a majority of the players that are under investigation or that have been accused of hacking have perfected these skills through hard work and dedication to become the best so instead of insulting them ask these guys for pointers and I guarantee that you will find skill not hacks.

THE EMPEROR HAS SPOKEN :)

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/195625/module_gallery/original/1012285.jpg

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/195625/module_gallery/original/909369.jpg

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/195625/module_gallery/original/1012286.jpg

Lol you must be very good to get that many compliments

I've seen that galaxie slinger accuse people of hacking in every single wz i've been in with him. So much so that he gets 2 other people talking about it in chat. While i particularly don't care what he thinks he stops helping in the wz and either starts reporting people or calling them out.

don't worry friend he does that to every player who is better than him

I suspect that the majority of people that are getting banned for hacks are the botters. I do know that there are many people who run space bots for easy money. Nobody would be able to see these people botting space missions except for BW.

In WZ's it seems like it would just be too obvious to get away with for long. I've been accused of hacking myself from a 15k maurader who kept trying to face tank me when my defensive CD's were up.

It's just too damn easy and convienient to make the accusation and report people for it. BW has their meathods of checking it out. I just find it hard to believe that BW would permaban someone without some sort of evidence.

Hey yokel,

We have some good battles in hutt ball.

Anyway, I can say that when the game first came out, I didn't understand a lot of it. This being my first mmo I hadn't had much exp. playing with people online except on Xbox. Anyways, on the first server I was on people started yelling hacks. Not knowing any better, I joined in the screaming. Never did I report anyone, but I came close.

The more I played and the more alts I rolled, the more I realized that these were abilities in the game itself rather than hacks. I think with the influx of f2p and just the regular people who think they are gods and couldn't be beaten by anyone, they justify getting beaten by claiming hacks.

I feel dumb for thinking hacks so early in the game, but I was ignorant of the game as are most of the people claiming hacks.

Are there hacks in the game? No doubt. However it isn't as rampart as peeps believe.

Just an example. I was in an alderaan. A jugg jumps to badlamitia (yes a thread is made about him) he tried to kb, and then he tried to cryo grenade him. Nothing happened. Now, educated players know why. He was screaming HACK!!!!!

Hey yokel,

We have some good battles in hutt ball.

Anyway, I can say that when the game first came out, I didn't understand a lot of it. This being my first mmo I hadn't had much exp. playing with people online except on Xbox. Anyways, on the first server I was on people started yelling hacks. Not knowing any better, I joined in the screaming. Never did I report anyone, but I came close.

The more I played and the more alts I rolled, the more I realized that these were abilities in the game itself rather than hacks. I think with the influx of f2p and just the regular people who think they are gods and couldn't be beaten by anyone, they justify getting beaten by claiming hacks.

I feel dumb for thinking hacks so early in the game, but I was ignorant of the game as are most of the people claiming hacks.

Are there hacks in the game? No doubt. However it isn't as rampart as peeps believe.

Just an example. I was in an alderaan. A jugg jumps to badlamitia (yes a thread is made about him) he tried to kb, and then he tried to cryo grenade him. Nothing happened. Now, educated players know why. He was screaming HACK!!!!!

We got a few matches against your bubble spec sage the other evening Sphygg. Stop bubbling every damn person as I ravage them :( Made me very very sad.

We got a few matches against your bubble spec sage the other evening Sphygg. Stop bubbling every damn person as I ravage them :( Made me very very sad.

Did you post in general that I was hacking and have the majority agree with you? Jk.

I would much rather DPS. But s sage DPS is like jello.

Edited by sphyg

just to clarify...my chat was bugged...I could not talk in Ops while in the WZ it was "general chat" which from what I could see was the people in the WZ...so when I mentioned the scoundrel moving very fast people in the LOCAL WZ heard me and commented.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/3IGyNOT/fight-or-flight

Amazing right? Had to be a hack though.!

Just because a few noobs in a warzone claim hack doesn't make it true.

Oh and you give less creedance to your argument by not knowing how to fix the chat bug.

Reset your ui by holding control and pressing u twice. Any veteran knows that

Edited by sphyg

I call ******** of the 'plenty of it', and for that matter, most of what you're saying. Either that, or you have plenty of 'evidence' of what you *think* is hacking. Which is very different. :p

But on a side note, hacking and exploiting. Do people here differentiate the two when discussing this? I've heard of some exploits in the game, and I've noticed some things that I'm not sure would be considered exploits or not. Who decides that?

For example, Novare Coast. As some of you know, if you stand in just the right spot in the corner of the huts, your nameplate is invisible, which for a lot of people, will give you damn good camouflage. I doubt that was the intention of the developers for there to be that little blindspot, and most players don't know/don't use it. So my question is, for anyone really, would that be considered an 'exploit' or just playing the map? If that's an exploit, is that just as bad as 'hacking'? In the dev's eyes, not ours. I'd really like to know. :p

I would consider that an exploit of the map meaning "the person used something that Bioware probably didn't intend". But when you report someone for using an exploit like that, you shouldn't be reporting the person, you should be reporting the map. E.G. "Bioware, fix your map please, people are doing XYZ." Not... "Lord Donkeyfacekilla is a dirty hacker and hope his family gets cancer".

My eyes, not the dev's obviously, but hopefully they are not immune to logic.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/3IGyNOT/fight-or-flight

Amazing right? Had to be a hack though.!

Just because a few noobs in a warzone claim hack doesn't make it true.

Oh and you give less creedance to your argument by not knowing how to fix the chat bug.

Reset your ui by holding control and pressing u twice. Any veteran knows that

...I wasn't arguing....I was telling ONE instance where hacking is mentioned and the WZ agrees...about a specific player.

Also...holy krap...because I didn't fix a chat bug I am noob?

you guys are true believers, no real point in continuing to argue.

...I wasn't arguing....I was telling ONE instance where hacking is mentioned and the WZ agrees...about a specific player.

Also...holy krap...because I didn't fix a chat bug I am noob?

you guys are true believers, no real point in continuing to argue.

So are you arguing or not. Your statements are contradictory.

And yes. Noob. Nothing more annoying than seeing in general "inc grass".(Well except the insults at hackers in general) Then you have to check oops frame to make sure he's not in your group.

I am pretty sure the developer's purpose of making the hut is to create blindspots, especially if someone hides in a corner. They could have easily exposed it like civil war and that would be super uninteresting.

Now /stuck and in warzone respecs, those are of a different nature...

I am pretty sure the developer's purpose of making the hut is to create blindspots, especially if someone hides in a corner. They could have easily exposed it like civil war and that would be super uninteresting.

Now /stuck and in warzone respecs, those are of a different nature...

No there's a very small and specific snug spot that completely hides your nameplate, it is different from the normal sight line issues where there are just objects in the way. It adds a higher level of stealth based on a flaw in the design for people who are aware of it. It's totally an exploit, there's no way it was intentional.

Ok good, you healed in a lot games - again, how does that relate to hacking/exploiting?

So far, your entire argument is based on "I play for a leet guild hence I know everything!"

But since you claim "superior observational skills", tell me this:

Do you know how a lag switch works and what it would look like in game?

Do you know how speedhacks or teleporting works?

Do you know how GCD hacks work and what that would look like?

Please demonstrate your expertise, not just empty bravado. I could - can you?

Lag switches are silly and don't even really provide any kind of advantage. Most likely the player is dead when his connection finally catches up, as evidenced earlier in this thread with that x-lis or whatever guy who got his face exploded.

Speedhacks: carnage marauders with speed bonus with predation and picking up the speed boost

GCD hacks: carnage marauder using berserk and retaliate

In other words, l2p

Edited by JP_Legatus

Lag switches are silly and don't even really provide any kind of advantage. Most likely the player is dead when his connection finally catches up, as evidenced earlier in this thread with that x-lis or whatever guy who got his face exploded.

Speedhacks: carnage marauders with speed bonus with predation and picking up the speed boost

GCD hacks: carnage marauder using berserk and retaliate

In other words, l2p

unless you are a stealth class

lag switches can be usefull if you are stealthed out and go and cap a door... seen it done

a guildie actually knew this persons dad, and confirmed that he was in fact using a lag switch. this was in june or something though. Havent seen it recently

Edited by sphyg

unless you are a stealth class

lag switches can be usefull if you are stealthed out and go and cap a door... seen it done

a guildie actually knew this persons dad, and confirmed that he was in fact using a lag switch. this was in june or something though. Havent seen it recently

I'm confused as to how lag will help you cap a door behind the guy guarding it

I'm confused as to how lag will help you cap a door behind the guy guarding it

if i understood it correctly, you flip the lag switch while stealthed. then you can unstealth and cap the door and the server still shows you being stealthed. In essence, you cap the door while in stealth.

I could be wrong, but i had my camera on the door the whole time, and there was nobody there. as soon as the bomb was capped he appeared for an instant then stealthed again...

Again this was on the first server i was on. and it was a long time ago.