Guild Name - What are the Rules ?! Cant use single letter in name.

freekymachine

Hey,

I have a guild name which i really want to have - but the Game doesnt let me choose it, due to the rule that we cant use single/standalone Letters anymore ?!

Guild Name is like "its A Party" - cant use it, cause of the single "A" - if i would type "Its An Party" - i could use it.

Like "Ugga Bugga" would work, but as soon as i put "Ugga Bugga g" - i cant use it.

But there are Guild out there like "Its A Trap" - how did that work ? Or Did SWTOR change it and now impossible ?

Would it work with a Guild Rename-kit ? Like take any Guild an rename it ?

Thx

Some time ago I was fussing a lot with trying to get a nice guild name based on an idea I had, and there was no single letter word in my attempts that I recall, but I kept getting messages that suggested my ideas were taken, even though they were so far out there that.. I could imagine one maybe, but not all of them being taken. Eventually I ended up finding a one-word alternative name (which seemed a lot less obscure) and that worked fine. Reason?

Well..I don't know, but I've also stumbled onto 'unavailable' errors when trying to name a character, with names so out there that I was sure they couldn't possibly be taken, except the first part, before the space, was always the same, and a single typo on the first part made it work.

This leads me to suspect that there's some funky issue happening with names with spaces in them. I know it's not as simple as the first part being taken, at least not for character names, but there's not enough to go by to say much for certain. It could be throwing the wrong error message for all we know.

All Party was sub ; could create other guild names for test, which i disbanded after - but any name, as soon as i put a single letter in, says "not availible"

"Not available" means exactly that. There is already an active guild(1) called that. If it said "Invalid", then you got hit by the automated name censor.

(1) If all member characters in the guild go "inactive" (don't log in to the character for 28+days), the guild becomes inactive, and its name is unlocked(2) and available.

(2) Unlocked, not "taken away". The name is only taken away if another guild tries to adopt it while it's unlocked.

(1) If all member characters in the guild go "inactive" (don't log in to the character for 28+days), the guild becomes inactive, and its name is unlocked(2) and available.

do you mean more that after the 28+ day's when the members are inactive in the guild have a chance to lose there name and can be stolen more by somebody else?

and if i can ask what will then happing to the guild that has become inactive for some time and the guild name has been stole do there get then a item to chance there guild name to something else or there all get kickt out off the guild?

but the main point is there is no info about the full guild system.

only you have on help EA is info about the guild ships and Guild leadership and management with only the info if the guild master is ofline after 28+ day's what will happing but it tells not what will happing if the full guild is long ofline.

maybe there need to add is more info about it like: by creating a guild name you cant use _ or - in the guild name or other things.

the max text limit is .....

same like the OP problem more with the A thats something there need to add then also.

and there is a lot more info there not have been added and are missing that we need to know since if you only know few things and the other things not what are also important in most case then you get questions on the forum like this more.

I've never really looked up the help pages, but if this information is missing, it would be good for it to be added, especially as it would give people an official place to look, etc.

first off all thanks for the info.

and yea its missing on the EA help i come there also not much but i was looking for some info about it the question more since it was wierd more and notting has been found about it sadly there is really low info about the full guild system there so there need to add a lot more info about the guild system more.

since the only info there is about are: Create your Guild,Manage your Guild,Guild leveling and perks,Adding Member or Officer notes and Inactive guild leaders

and the info about Guild leveling there is also old and useless since there have chance it that there need to week when the next conquest is starting.

do you mean more that after the 28+ day's when the members are inactive in the guild have a chance to lose there name and can be stolen more by somebody else?

Yes, that's exaxtly what I mean, except that I wouldn't call it "stolen" because of the technical rules about the owner of the stuff we create in the game. We create it, but BioWare owns what we create and lets us use it. I said "taken away" for that reason.

and if i can ask what will then happing to the guild that has become inactive for some time and the guild name has been stole do there get then a item to chance there guild name to something else or there all get kickt out off the guild?

All that happens when the guild goes inactive is that the name becomes available. If another guild uses it at that time, the original guild stops having that as its name, and must be renamed if any member ever logs in. That's all. There are no changes in anything else in the guild, the bank tabs remain, the items in them remain, the stronghold and/or flagship remain unchanged, etc.

Exception: if all of the members became non-subscribers *before* they became inactive, the guild will have spent some time as an F2P guild, in which the ranks are fixed to a set of defaults, so the rank information will be lost.

but the main point is there is no info about the full guild system.

only you have on help EA is info about the guild ships and Guild leadership and management with only the info if the guild master is ofline after 28+ day's what will happing but it tells not what will happing if the full guild is long ofline.

It's a marginal case that most players won't ever find out about. It does sometimes happen, and people do sometimes come on the forums to ask what happened to their guild, but it's pretty rare.

maybe there need to add is more info about it like: by creating a guild name you cant use _ or - in the guild name or other things.

the max text limit is .....

Describing the "what's allowed in the name" in terms of this or that character, length of the name, length of the words in the name, etc., yes, that's a good idea.

same like the OP problem more with the A

Since OP had "Unavailable", it probably means that the name was already taken. Especially something like "Its A Party".

But overall, yes, BioWare probably *should* give more details about guild name format and length. The inactive guild thing probably isn't worth mentioning, since it's a rare occurrence.

Describing the "what's allowed in the name" in terms of this or that character, length of the name, length of the words in the name, etc., yes, that's a good idea.

what there also need to add is what the system can do more.

and its not only happing with the guild system that things are not get explane good its with a lot off other systems also in the game what there have chance like the Rawon system and the light and dark side tokens and a lot more.

the basic is more when you add a new system in the game or chance a old system.

we have on this site a Holonet tab under About.

there you find all the things how most off the things work only problem is most off then are so old that there not are in the game any more or the info is really really bad.

there need to update that more and keep it up do date more.

It's a marginal case that most players won't ever find out about. It does sometimes happen, and people do sometimes come on the forums to ask what happened to their guild, but it's pretty rare.

all is it rare that is still something people need to know what all the risk's are and what will happing then.

Hey,

I have a guild name which i really want to have - but the Game doesnt let me choose it, due to the rule that we cant use single/standalone Letters anymore ?!

Guild Name is like "its A Party" - cant use it, cause of the single "A" - if i would type "Its An Party" - i could use it.

Like "Ugga Bugga" would work, but as soon as i put "Ugga Bugga g" - i cant use it.

But there are Guild out there like "Its A Trap" - how did that work ? Or Did SWTOR change it and now impossible ?

Would it work with a Guild Rename-kit ? Like take any Guild an rename it ?

Thx

Rules for Character / Guild Naming

Naming Policy

When creating a character or guild name for Star Wars: The Old Republic, it is encouraged that you select a name that reflects the theme of the game. The guidelines listed below outline the types of names that you can NOT use, and apply to both player or character names, as well as guild names.

You may not use any names that violate the General Rules. This includes the use of names that are hateful, defamatory, racist, ethnically offensive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, or any other language that is offensive in nature.

You may not use names that are harassing or defamatory to other players or employees of EA, BioWare or LucasArts, e.g. EASUX, Timsretarded, and Biowaresux.

You may not use names of any EA, BioWare, or LucasArts employee or service related to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

You may not use names of copyrighted or trademarked characters, materials or products, e.g. Coca-Cola or Dr. Pepper.

You may not use names from popular culture or media, e.g. Lady Gaga or George Lucas.

You may not use names that are religiously or historically significant, e.g. Jesus, Winston Churchill.

You may not use proper names of areas within Star Wars for character names. Guild names, however, MAY use the proper names of specific areas to help promote role-playing and realm pride, e.g. Defenders of Tython or Protectors of Hutta.

You may not use proper names of non-player characters within Star Wars: The Old Republic, e.g. Darth Malgus, Satele Shan, Yoda, Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker.

You may not use names containing titles or ranks within them, e.g. General Supertrooper, Captain Tim, Darth Timmy, Knight Wakey.

You may not use names that refer to drugs or that are drug related.

You may not use names that contain an inappropriate phrase, sentence or any fragment of a sentence or Leet speak, e.g. uberhaxer, xxspeederxx, lolface, rofl, Noobwhacker, TimmyF**k, kock, fuk.

You may not use misspellings or alternative spellings of names that violate any of the above rules, e.g. Hamsolo, Yooda, DorthVader.

You may not use gibberish names when creating character, e.g. ajsdu, rifndsw, qweszs.

Source: https://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

Edited by denavin

Since OP had "Unavailable", it probably means that the name was already taken. Especially something like "Its A Party".

But overall, yes, BioWare probably *should* give more details about guild name format and length. The inactive guild thing probably isn't worth mentioning, since it's a rare occurrence.

We were 4 people, all subs - and as mentionend, we cpuld basically use "ugga bugga" and successfully found the guild - but after gdisband and create that same name with "ugga bugga g" - it "unavailible" - which is ofc impossible, who would come up with such guild name :) - its the same all the time - anything possible, the moment you use a single stand-alone letter like "a" - it says this error.

well the error may be a bit misleading i guess - first i thought aswell, name not allowed, or taken, but i guess the error system has just no more detailed error messages to clear it out.

I bet "its A party" is taken too, that was just an example - but it seems, as mentioned ; "Its A Trap" was once possible to do - there is a guild with that name on server, how were they able to take that name - with the single "A" in it ?! - cause when i do it now..with any proper name - it doesnt work anymore ?!

Source: https://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rul ..t

found that one, but it ofc only covers the usual stuff like, pls no names like "Afolf Kittler", or "Han Solo" - but doesnt explain me the technical limit of taking name ...like this special problem with the single letter.

As mentionend - I could even choose "Its an Lamp" - but not "Its a Lamp"

Even asked customer suppoert - translated what came back ; "they dont know either" ..and even suggested to ask people on the server :D . what the hell...

And as asked, would a guild rename kit would me do stuff with the single "A" ? And if not, would the Kit be used or could i still sell it - before i pay like 3800 cc to get it

Source: https://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

its not smart then to add it there in the RULES OF CONDUCT what for guild name's are not allowed to use i was more thinking to have added in the help EU under Guild leadership and management since thats a good place for it.

but there is also something else what is wierd is the last text line in the quote what suprice me more.

then about the char nickname's you cant use will i see in the game still nickname's like that are been use so something is wrong with it i think.