Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this transfer FAQ is outdated and this forced move does not use these guidelines. http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5268

As it would appear that I will not only lose my legacy but also half my characters. Why can't anyone answer my character questions I have more then 12, or according to that guide 8, characters that are all active. I just want to know if they will be safe!:(

yeah the countdown begins

dunno, don't see any announcement of maintenance.. :eek:

don't see any new info on the transfers.. and the sun starting to do its descent into the west in Austin.... :eek:

Edited by Roalmo

I really hope this transfer FAQ is outdated and this forced move does not use these guidelines. http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5268

As it would appear that I will not only lose my legacy but also half my characters. Why can't anyone answer my character questions I have more then 12, or according to that guide 8, characters that are all active. I just want to know if they will be safe!:(

If you have more than 12 chars on one server you have more than 12 charslots on all servers.

dunno, don't see any announcement of maintenance.. :eek:

don't see any new info on the transfers.. and the sun starting to do its descent into the west in Austin.... :eek:

remember Americans are a little slow :) still the 3rd but they should be using our time zone due to they are addressing a community that is in a different timezone.

I apologize as I have not been following this issue closely but are the West coast servers going to absorb all of these players? Harbinger is already pretty crowded.

Yup.. all 4 of us are coming to Harb.. soon... :p

Its only harbinger if you choose it during the free transfers, whenever that is.. Otherwise you get mushed into another server of equal fullness.

Hmmm.. you seem to have missed the point. The early free transfers can go to any Euro or US server.. ANY SERVER.

After the early transfers are over, all Dalborrans will be forced to Harbinger. RPs to RP server, PVPs to PVP server.

Edited by Roalmo

Didn't miss the point I just didn't know that Harbinger was one of the ones APAC was getting pushed into. I just know that many of the people of my current APAC server are going to Harbinger by choice as it is not the one Gav' Daragon is getting merged with which is Begeren.

Is there actually going to be an official announcement made about these server shutdowns?

Still run into players who have no idea this is even going on.

The lack of information they've provided us with is pretty terrible. Not everyone uses the forums; and the only 'official' announcement this has had is a couple of poorly worded posts which still sound as if the person writing them is torn between two decisions. You would think that an announcement in System Alerts, the news or even on the home page alerting these players on Dalborra about what's happening. Almost as if Bioware don't want people to know about it, how strange...:rolleyes:

The lack of information they've provided us with is pretty terrible. Not everyone uses the forums; and the only 'official' announcement this has had is a couple of poorly worded posts which still sound as if the person writing them is torn between two decisions. You would think that an announcement in System Alerts, the news or even on the home page alerting these players on Dalborra about what's happening. Almost as if Bioware don't want people to know about it, how strange...:rolleyes:

You are right its a conspiracy ;)

Exactly what I said, its like they just want it to happen and no one to notice.

Well it's Tuesday, when can I transfer, and why can't I transfer yet? Did the mean Tuesday US time?

I'm pretty sure its always going to be US time. Its still Monday evening in the US. Usually when they reset weekly's and the like its around 3 am US West coast time. If they were going to do anything it might be then. That is in 7 hours.

Can't shake the feeling they are just going to move everyone with no warning and THEN offer transfers. It would make their life easier.

Following past method and precedent.... players will receive an email with details and instructions as the service goes live. Said email will even encourage players to act now, before they pull the plugs on the servers and force migrate the stragglers (in other words... A DEADLINE TO ACT). They will very likely post it in the forums as well, but the email route is the official route.

There is no conspiracy, and no attempt to hold back information. It's just not the kind of information you strawman to the forum ahead of an official email out to players.

Further....with headquarters in Austin Tx,USA, I would expect any timeframes given are given based on date/time in Austin.

Edited by Andryah

Do we have any idea how long it's likely to take them to actually turn Dalborra off? I'd love to be able to finish levelling my Inquisitor to 55 while I can still play. (Previous experience with the servers on the US West Coast suggests that I may not be able to once the APAC servers close.)

Well, i have come to the conclusion that the transfers will not be happening today but Wednesday 5th of June 2013 our time.

Back to the game.

It isn't the 4th in the states yet, 1 hour for the east coast, 2 for Texas where the Bioware headquarters are supposed to be and 3 hours for California and the west coast...Generally resets for weekly's occur in about 4 hours. Whether they do it then or later we don't know.