Black Hole and Rakata Mods Query

Blockk

Gidday Guys

Can someone answer my query please

I understand I can rip mods out of black hole or rakata armour and put them into a more "pleasing" armour peice without the loss in stats (besides the bonus for rakata/columni)

Does it matter if I use a purple piece or an orange piece ? or what matters is the mods inside ?

Basically - can i pick armour pieces I like and throw mods in as I pls ?

Also - in regards to Adaptive gear - I bought a set in HOTH - all orange - which got me thinking about orange and purple - throw mods into this adaptive set ? for the looks ? and same stats ?

I have always gone with what was given to me and havent given a lot of thought to the look of things till now ...

It doesn't matter if you use orange or purple fully-moddable shells.

The only stats that come with the shells are armor rating (light, medium, heavy, adaptive) and set bonuses for some gear (Tionese, Columi, Rakata, Battlemaster). What really counts are the stats on the mods you put into the shells.

Gidday Guys

Can someone answer my query please

I understand I can rip mods out of black hole or rakata armour and put them into a more "pleasing" armour peice without the loss in stats (besides the bonus for rakata/columni)

Does it matter if I use a purple piece or an orange piece ? or what matters is the mods inside ?

Basically - can i pick armour pieces I like and throw mods in as I pls ?

Also - in regards to Adaptive gear - I bought a set in HOTH - all orange - which got me thinking about orange and purple - throw mods into this adaptive set ? for the looks ? and same stats ?

I have always gone with what was given to me and havent given a lot of thought to the look of things till now ...

As you mentioned set bonuses, they are attached to the shell of Tionies, Columi, and Rakata. Black Hole doesn't have set bonuses.

If you pull a rakata chest piece Armoring out it can only go into another chest piece. Mods and Enhancements can go into any piece, helm, chest, legs, etc. (So if you get 2 Columi boots, you can pull the mod and Enhancement out and put into something else)

I have Tionies gloves with level 56 armoring 58 mods and enhancements and maintain the set bonus.

I found the best way to pull it off is use helm, gloves, legs, and boots for set bonus, and pick what chest you want, for looks, and put your armoring, mods, and enhancements in that. I play a Sin so I use Saber Marshal robes and hide helm.

You can mix Tionese, Rakata, and Columi items and stlll get the set bonus. I take the mods out of the BH pieces and put them into my Columi, since the BH stuff is just too ugly, and has no set bonus.

I do like the trooper BH helmet better than the columni bucket.