Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

252 Worse than 248?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
252 Worse than 248?

Sir-steve's Avatar


Sir-steve
03.27.2019 , 07:32 PM | #1
Played a whack of ranked last week on my sorc using command crate gear up to 248....finally had enough crystals/reputation to buy 252 armour/weapon/offhand and an earpiece from ossus this week and added augs to those parts.

Getting absolutely pwned in ranked this week....like killed right out of the gate if there's no tank guard.

Is the 252 worse that the 248s? Should i just go back to the old stuff till i can affor 258s?
My friends....we have fought monsters together and we have won. On my own, I fear I may not do as well.

"OMG RUN! It's Sir-Steve The-Adequate!".....said no PvP opponent ever.

KumbayaGOD's Avatar


KumbayaGOD
03.27.2019 , 08:26 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir-steve View Post
Played a whack of ranked last week on my sorc using command crate gear up to 248....finally had enough crystals/reputation to buy 252 armour/weapon/offhand and an earpiece from ossus this week and added augs to those parts.

Getting absolutely pwned in ranked this week....like killed right out of the gate if there's no tank guard.

Is the 252 worse that the 248s? Should i just go back to the old stuff till i can affor 258s?
i think it is similar not so much different
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

Dcardinalone's Avatar


Dcardinalone
03.27.2019 , 10:53 PM | #3
Perhaps, maybe just maybe ...you should axe the team to focus you last, its your first time.

DNGDangerous's Avatar


DNGDangerous
03.27.2019 , 11:39 PM | #4
consider checking out this video I created a couple months describing bolster.

https://youtu.be/9F9qLMdts0Q

if you don't have time, the basic synopsis is that 252 is the base line for bolster.

this system tries to bring lower tiered gear up to a similar stat line. (230 rated equipment tends to yield very similar stats to 252).

This system also tries to bring 228 augments more closer to the stats of 236/240 augments.

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
03.28.2019 , 01:39 AM | #5
Gear has nothing do with exploding in ranked

Actually the easiest way to gear up right now is with 230 + 258MH. The 230 gear bolster better than 248, but not by much. Use crit augments in 230 gear to reach correct stat balance. The only problem with this is perception, as you will look "weak" and might be targeted first.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
03.28.2019 , 01:58 AM | #6
Simply, don’t mix 252/258 gear with bolstered gear. Except main hand weapons which aren’t calculated in Bolster

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
03.28.2019 , 02:31 AM | #7
Even simplier solution: don't do ranked.

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
03.28.2019 , 03:24 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Even simplier solution: don't do ranked.
Well at least not with any "serious" mindset right now. Season 9 was my one and only focused season, and unless 6.0 brings a lot of changes it will also be my last.

varietasplus's Avatar


varietasplus
03.28.2019 , 05:23 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Gear has nothing do with exploding in ranked

Actually the easiest way to gear up right now is with 230 + 258MH. The 230 gear bolster better than 248, but not by much. Use crit augments in 230 gear to reach correct stat balance. The only problem with this is perception, as you will look "weak" and might be targeted first.
Do you have solid proof for that? Experimenting with Bolster had different result for me: all purple gear up to 252 are equivalent, all legendary gear are bolstered higher overall than purple up to 246. Armor rating is not bolstered. 230 purple gear is fine for ranked, use augments to balance gear (override default stats for bolstered augment slots). Mixing tiers in a given slot is a bad idea. Mainhand is indeed top priority, at least 5% increase in damage.

Sir-steve's Avatar


Sir-steve
03.28.2019 , 06:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Well at least not with any "serious" mindset right now. Season 9 was my one and only focused season, and unless 6.0 brings a lot of changes it will also be my last.
Safe to say I don't take it overly seriously, but I do enjoy it. I don't mind getting my share of whoopings.....but man, the hate you get from other solo ranked players when you die fast as the medic. "OMG they're win trading, report, report".

Thanks for the insights on gear folks, I'll play around with my purples/yellows a bit more to see if that helps.
My friends....we have fought monsters together and we have won. On my own, I fear I may not do as well.

"OMG RUN! It's Sir-Steve The-Adequate!".....said no PvP opponent ever.