Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Potential Bug: Orbital Station

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Potential Bug: Orbital Station

Rion_Starkiller
03.27.2019 , 10:13 AM | #1
Has anyone ever gotten red X disconnection during this map? Recently, I got grenaded on the catwalks and disconnected. It could be coincidence -- perhaps it was just my ISP. Lost 15 ELO

It's really strange I have only ever disconnected in ranked on this map -- since like 2015.

Help me test.
Thanks.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(÷,,,,÷)(\/) ¶̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

TrixxieTriss
03.27.2019 , 04:47 PM | #2
Iíve been having red x spikes only in pvp matches for about 3 weeks now (maybe 4). My isp and I have investigated and Iíve used ping Plotter and glasswire servers to determine whatís happening. The best guess is itís the server.

Iíve been with other people in similar matches with the same problem. None of us are in the same geographical region, so itís definitely not our local ispís. Iím in Australia, but some of the others have been in the UK, Canada, US, Asia.

I tried bringing this up 4 weeks ago, but people who dont get it say itís my network, ISP or PC, which I know itís not. My PC is near top of the line. My wife sits next to me and she doesnít get it. But when I use her PC I do sometimes get it. She can use my PC and not get it. In the end I just gave up posting about it.

I have a theory, but thatís all it is as Iíve no proof and I donít even know if itís possible. But here it is :
Iíve played this game for a long time. Iíve been merged so many times now that itís getting silly. What if my account data on the server is slightly corrupted somewhere? Itís certainly not out side the realm of possibility for data to get corrupted in a data centre, especially if theyíve ever had to rebuild the data base from a backup.

soo-low
03.28.2019 , 01:03 AM | #3
krea has LOL

Balameb
03.28.2019 , 10:52 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I have a theory, but thatís all it is as Iíve no proof and I donít even know if itís possible. But here it is :
Iíve played this game for a long time. Iíve been merged so many times now that itís getting silly. What if my account data on the server is slightly corrupted somewhere? Itís certainly not out side the realm of possibility for data to get corrupted in a data centre, especially if theyíve ever had to rebuild the data base from a backup.
That actually is an interesting theory, it is possible, and BW should investigate it.

I also play with constant high ping because of distance but additionaly in a country with bad telecomunications infraestructure. So spikes are often and most are my fault, but.... I play both PvE and PvP, PvP has the most lag spikes; and i raid 8m but sometimes 16m and do 24m WB runs and PvP is still worst (high ping and red X, FPS lag is another issue).
Now sometimes without having a lag spike i get a quick disconect with a free travel to server selection screen. Almost every time this happens to me i'm exiting/changing area, and then i can reconect just fine. Since these are moments were part of your info moves from instance to instance, you theory gets another + from me.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

Rion_Starkiller
03.28.2019 , 03:40 PM | #5
Well, in my case, I never get the Red X of Doom except in ranked arenas, particularly Orbital Station. It's very rare, but I only noticed it because it happened the other day, and it is extremely unlikely for me to drop connection. Could be coincidence, just wondering if anyone else experienced similar.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(÷,,,,÷)(\/) ¶̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?