Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hutt Ball type maps pops 2 out of 3 maps constantly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Hutt Ball type maps pops 2 out of 3 maps constantly
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pirana
03.05.2019 , 12:48 PM | #21
Same thing for me, I must have run in the neighborhood of fifteen pvp matches yesterday and just about every time it was Huttball. I was actually shocked when it didn't pop. This needs to be addressed.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

DynamiCtagez
03.05.2019 , 02:55 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post
Same thing for me, I must have run in the neighborhood of fifteen pvp matches yesterday and just about every time it was Huttball. I was actually shocked when it didn't pop. This needs to be addressed.
The problem is not Huttball. It's the queue as a whole. The same kind of endless streak happens with every WZ. I just entered my 6th Hypergate today, the 4th in a row. Ten games so far.

Just because you don't like Huttball, it doesn't pop more often than the others. But it can indeed pop four times in a row, like all the other WZs can.

TrixxieTriss
03.05.2019 , 10:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DynamiCtagez View Post
The problem is not Huttball. It's the queue as a whole. The same kind of endless streak happens with every WZ. I just entered my 6th Hypergate today, the 4th in a row. Ten games so far.

Just because you don't like Huttball, it doesn't pop more often than the others. But it can indeed pop four times in a row, like all the other WZs can.
That’s not entirely accurate about Hutt Ball because there is more than one Hutt Ball map. Which means even if the queue worked properly and didn’t give you the same map in a row, there would still be a 33% chance of getting another Hutt Ball. Where as you only have 11.% chance of getting another map.

The problem people are having isn’t that they are getting the same maps in a row (which I’ll admit is a problem), it’s that they can get Hutt Ball type maps constantly (even when they aren’t the same map).
My normal experience is I get 50-70% Hutt Ball type maps when I queue. Even if I leave at the start, I can end up in an entirely different Hutt Ball map (which happens more often than not).

I love Hutt Ball or use to. It was my favourite type of pvp before 5.0 and the increased dysnc and the extra Vandin map.
Now I’m being bombarded with too much Hutt Ball and I’ve started to hate it. I am now leaving all Vandin Maps and some Quesh Maps (due to dysnc). The only one I stay for is original Hutt Ball.

If we had 3 each of every map type, then the averages would be more balanced and we should theoretically get the same amount of Hutt Ball type maps as every other style. But while ever Hutt Ball has 3 maps, we will get an over representation of HB when we queue. And that is the core issue here.

Then if you add the queue problem you mentioned (seperate issue, but still a problem), you can literally play for many hours and never get any other map besides a Hutt Ball style map. You would not get 8-10 Hypergates matches in a row. But you can and do get 8-10 HB matches in a row.

HekaHeh
03.05.2019 , 10:55 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Which means even if the queue worked properly and didn’t give you the same map in a row, there would still be a 33% chance of getting another Hutt Ball. Where as you only have 11.% chance of getting another map.
Using math to your advance?
If you state it that way, Huttball is at 33%, NOT getting Huttball is at 66%.
It means in the long run you're expected to see 1 out of 3 of your games to be Huttball.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
You would not get 8-10 Hypergates matches in a row. But you can and do get 8-10 HB matches in a row.
My experience (and with Huttball I always count all three maps) is actually that it does not pop overly often. I begin to wonder if this is a server or time of day - specific phenomenon. I usually play 10-20 games in a row in the evening, and only if I'm very lucky I get 3-4 Huttball maps. (when I expect up to 6-7 games in average when playing 20 wzs).

Yesterday - 10 wzs (in order of pop):
1 Alderaan
3 Hypergates (in row)
1 Yavin
2 Novare (in row)
1 Odessen
1 Voidstar
1 Huttball

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your effort (and your suggestions in your other thread), but I have to object your statements because I simply don't see it happen on my end.

TrixxieTriss
03.05.2019 , 11:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by HekaHeh View Post
Using math to your advance?
If you state it that way, Huttball is at 33%, NOT getting Huttball is at 66%.
It means in the long run you're expected to see 1 out of 3 of your games to be Huttball.

My experience (and with Huttball I always count all three maps) is actually that it does not pop overly often. I begin to wonder if this is a server oder time of day - specific phenomenon. I usually play 10-20 games in a row in the evening, and only if I'm very lucky I get 3-4 Huttball maps. (when I expect up to 6-7 games in average when playing 20 wzs).

Yesterday - 10 wzs (in order of pop):
1 Alderaan
3 Hypergates (in row)
1 Yavin
2 Novare (in row)
1 Odessen
1 Voidstar
1 Huttball

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your effort (and your suggestions in your other thread), but I have to object your statements because I simply don't see it happen on my end.
I guess it’s different for everyone. But there have been numerous threads and posts made in the pvp section that correlate more with my experience with Hutt Ball popping so much

It would be great if we could get a wider sample of people’s experiences since 5.10.

If my experiences turn out to be marginal, then I’d guess I’m just unluckly (no surprise there). But I think you might find that my experiences are more the norm than yours.

What I will do for the next week is keep a pvp diary for each session to see if something has recently changed (which is always possible). Then I’ll report back what I’ve experienced, Maybe you could do the same and we can compare.
And anyone else who wants to help would add another perspective as well.

CaptRogue
03.06.2019 , 10:40 AM | #26
From like 11pm EST to 11:30 I got 3 original Huttballs back to back. No...Let me choose what 3 maps I don't want to queue for. Especially for certain classes.
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

TrixxieTriss
03.06.2019 , 08:45 PM | #27
Last night was a mixed bag of pops. But I had more Arena pops than anything due to low queue numbers. So I don’t know if that affected the results.

supercometl
03.06.2019 , 08:59 PM | #28
I would argue a better way to queue would to not omit maps, but set preferred maps. For example, I really like hypergates (though they never freaking pop for me) and Civil War maps, so I would probably set those to desired. That would put those on the top in terms of what I am in priority for. Then the game tries to put together people with similar preferences first, and if that is not possible they do the majority. Then they could also add a shorter queue time + trash rewards for players who chose to not force a preference (ie the rewards for queuing for all FP/uprisings at once).

Now, this obviously means you would still get HB pops even though you don't want them, however, it also means that the system is pushing more for those specific maps when possible. Though can we please have rewards added to the challenge pvp thing, I don't want much, just something, maybe green jawa scrap?

TrixxieTriss
03.07.2019 , 09:56 PM | #29
Results from yesterday’s pvp matches

6 Arena matches (when it was slow)

14 Hutt Ball type matches combined

15 total of all other maps combined

So if we take the Arena matches out of the equation, HB popped 49% of the time.

TrixxieTriss
03.07.2019 , 09:59 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by supercometl View Post
I would argue a better way to queue would to not omit maps, but set preferred maps. For example, I really like hypergates (though they never freaking pop for me) and Civil War maps, so I would probably set those to desired. That would put those on the top in terms of what I am in priority for. Then the game tries to put together people with similar preferences first, and if that is not possible they do the majority. Then they could also add a shorter queue time + trash rewards for players who chose to not force a preference (ie the rewards for queuing for all FP/uprisings at once).

Now, this obviously means you would still get HB pops even though you don't want them, however, it also means that the system is pushing more for those specific maps when possible. Though can we please have rewards added to the challenge pvp thing, I don't want much, just something, maybe green jawa scrap?
I’ve another thread that could also provide a solution if you don’t want to play HB
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=961368