Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hutt Ball type maps pops 2 out of 3 maps constantly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Hutt Ball type maps pops 2 out of 3 maps constantly
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zerileth
03.03.2019 , 07:40 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Why do you wait 15mins? You are more likely to be put back into the same rotation you were in twitch that team. Just wait one minute
Every time I've waited less, it puts me back in the same Huttball map. Once after 3 times, some guy yelled, "In or out, buddy!"

I felt bad after that. 10 or 15 minutes seems to work.
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk
IGN: "Bioware sees soaring profits with new SWTOR expansion, Return to Kashyyyk."

TrixxieTriss
03.03.2019 , 08:24 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
Every time I've waited less, it puts me back in the same Huttball map. Once after 3 times, some guy yelled, "In or out, buddy!"

I felt bad after that. 10 or 15 minutes seems to work.
Wow, I rarely have that problem anymore. It use to happen about 6 months ago as you describe, but I can’t remember the last time it put me back in the same match. Put me into another HB?? sure, but not the same one.

DynamiCtagez
03.03.2019 , 09:12 AM | #13
This is a lie. I wish it were like that for me.

TrixxieTriss
03.03.2019 , 07:45 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DynamiCtagez View Post
This is a lie. I wish it were like that for me.
Maybe less people in the queue at your time?

HekaHeh
03.04.2019 , 09:07 AM | #15
The only thing I see (no matter which time of the day) is that sometimes the same wz's seem to pop 3-4 times in a row. This has happened to me with Voidstar, Alderaan, Novare Coast and Odessen so far.
Never been lucky enough to get this streak with Huttball.

Conclusion: All the other maps pop far too often, reduce them and increase the Huttball pops!
(or maybe my personal experience is not representative for the whole situation...)

Zerileth
03.04.2019 , 09:26 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by HekaHeh View Post
The only thing I see (no matter which time of the day) is that sometimes the same wz's seem to pop 3-4 times in a row. This has happened to me with Voidstar, Alderaan, Novare Coast and Odessen so far.

Conclusion: All the other maps pop far too often, reduce them and increase the Huttball pops!
(or maybe my personal experience is not representative for the whole situation...)
This is proof right here that we need to be able to choose our maps like we can choose our flashpoints. If we only choose 1 map, then we have to deal with the consequences with longer wait times.

For me, I'd only turn off all the HB maps. I don't think I'd have to wait too much longer than I do now.

If people want only Huttball, they should be matched with others that like it too.
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk
IGN: "Bioware sees soaring profits with new SWTOR expansion, Return to Kashyyyk."

Lhancelot
03.04.2019 , 12:24 PM | #17

I never had Voidstar pop 2 times in a row, let alone 4 times ever in 6+ years of PVP. Or any map for that matter... I have had 3-4 huttballs pop in a row though, it's the only map to do that from my years of experience.
Pookiemane SF Suffocates
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.

HekaHeh
03.04.2019 , 12:38 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I never had Voidstar pop 2 times in a row, let alone 4 times ever in 6+ years of PVP. Or any map for that matter... I have had 3-4 huttballs pop in a row though, it's the only map to do that from my years of experience.
Interesting. I've also been playing PVP basically since launch - tbf, I wasn't watching the pop-situation back then
(also, there were far less wzs to begin with).

As someone who really enjoys Huttball I would love to switch places with you - give me the hb pops, you can have my 4 (!) Odessen pop-row I had two days ago.
I don't know how the wz rng works, maybe something is wrong on BW's end - don't expect or ask for a fix, they'll only break the code.

Aaaaand choosing wzs - while seemingly a legit request - might ultimately dry out certain wz's (or you might end up playing with the same 15 players over and over again). I don't think this is the PvP experience I'd go for.

TrixxieTriss
03.04.2019 , 09:57 PM | #19
Interesting. I've also been playing PVP basically since launch - tbf, I wasn't watching the pop-situation back then
(also, there were far less wzs to begin with).

As someone who really enjoys Huttball I would love to switch places with you - give me the hb pops, you can have my 4 (!) Odessen pop-row I had two days ago.
I don't know how the wz rng works, maybe something is wrong on BW's end - don't expect or ask for a fix, they'll only break the code.

Aaaaand choosing wzs - while seemingly a legit request - might ultimately dry out certain wz's (or you might end up playing with the same 15 players over and over again). I don't think this is the PvP experience I'd go for.
I understand the double and triple pops of maps of the years. Most long term players have seen it and we’ve complained about that to till they “mostly” fix it. But you are right, it still happens occasionally. Except I now find it more rare to pop the same 8 man WZs (not including HB), more than 2 times in a row.

Hutt Ball is different because it’s the type of map popping, not necessarily the individual maps. We’ve had quite a few threads in the pvp section discussing the Hutt Ball pops. The consensus is HB type maps pop way too often compared to other maps.
You may not get the same HM map three times in a row. But what you will get is a mix and you can end up playing 7 HB matches out of 10 pops.
IE, original HB, Quesh Ball, Vandin Ball, Vandin Ball (still pops the most), Quesh Ball, voidstar, original HB, Vandin Ball, nova coast, civil war.
That’s 7 huttball type maps out of 10 and you only had one pop twice in a row and that’s the problem. It’s not so much it popping the same map, it’s popping the same type of map.
Also my example isn’t rare, it happens to me and vast number of other people on a regular basis. If it’s not happening to you, then you are extremely lucky (unless you are a HB addict, then you would be unlucky lol).

You’re assessment about choosing maps is correct. Although being able to choose your own maps would have been great 7-4 years ago, now there just aren’t enough people playing anymore for that to work and we now have 9 maps. Can you imagine if the majority in the queue chose just 2 maps to play, the other maps would never pop and people who loved them would never get to play them.

Instead of me making this a really long post that would be slightly off topic, I’m going to start another thread with an idea and see what the devs think.
(It would also be good to hear feed back about the idea in the other thread)

DynamiCtagez
03.05.2019 , 11:41 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Maybe less people in the queue at your time?
No, I always queue at peak times on Darth Malgus. Even if I didn't, this wouldn't make any difference as long as there are enough people in queue to not get an arena instead, since all WZs are cross-faction and require the same amount of players.

This has pretty much been my experience. Huttball does not pop more often than any other WZ. It's just that the same WZ is popping again and again, sometimes up to four times in a row. I remember that this problem has been brought to their attention in the first year after launch, because it was actually a bug they patched into the game when they made some other changes to WZ queues. I can't recall when exactly it was patched in. Yet, even after a supposedly thorough investigation they were not able to verify it, so they chose to ignore it. It will never get fixed, like all the other bugs in this game.