Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best times to queue for Ranked in Satele Shan?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best times to queue for Ranked in Satele Shan?

Dbohrius
03.30.2019 , 05:48 AM | #1
So I've never tried ranked, but I really want to get BiS weapons on my main character. I'm not the best Arena player out there (far from it), but I know my rotation and generally do the best I can. I'm not just a mat farmer :-)

With that in mind... what are the best time slots to get some queue pops in Satele Shan? And what is the average wait time between pops? Since I'm looking at 200 games to get both weapons, I'm trying to gage if I should do the Geonosian Queen instead...
Hohoho, now I have a referral link, too!

Shwarzchild
03.30.2019 , 07:00 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Dbohrius View Post
So I've never tried ranked, but I really want to get BiS weapons on my main character. I'm not the best Arena player out there (far from it), but I know my rotation and generally do the best I can. I'm not just a mat farmer :-)

With that in mind... what are the best time slots to get some queue pops in Satele Shan? And what is the average wait time between pops? Since I'm looking at 200 games to get both weapons, I'm trying to gage if I should do the Geonosian Queen instead...
The geo queen in hm is significantly less time and effort especially if you're new to ranked. Ranked is a totally different ball game than anything experienced in regs (for the most part).

For me, since I'm new to ranked as well, I've found that I like to que Sundays and Mondays during the day. That way I don't totally sink a que if I'm not playing well against the top end competition you're bound to face at peak times or early in the week when the more veteran ranked players are getting their weeklies done. Que times if you follow my method will vary. They will sometimes pop back to back to back to back. Or they could be 15-20 minutes between pops. My logic is, I'm not good enough yet so I accept the slower pop times.

It also can relate to class played. I play a sniper which is incredibly powerful in ranked, but also very very hard to play well. It's a one mistake you're super dead type of class. If you play say a Merc where you aren't a prime focus of the enemy you probably can extend your desired que time to more into the peak if you know what you're doing
Warstalker Gatecrasher Dread Master Isaac Bell The Revanchist From Beyond

<Lightning Masters>