Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bloody hell this gearing system is insufferable!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bloody hell this gearing system is insufferable!

KendraP
03.25.2019 , 08:26 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
As it’s been pointed out, it can also in ranked or even reg pvp the more people get the gear. You don’t need it for heroics or story unless you plan on doing MM stuff (it helps).
You could probably do heroics or story with nothing except a level 10 mainhand. Again, since they havent rescaled content since releasing 2 new tiers of gear and augments, the onoy content the new gear is even potentially needed for is MM Gods.

Other than that i swear it just exists to steam my clams.

merovejec
03.26.2019 , 12:22 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
You could probably do heroics or story with nothing except a level 10 mainhand. Again, since they havent rescaled content since releasing 2 new tiers of gear and augments, the onoy content the new gear is even potentially needed for is MM Gods.

Other than that i swear it just exists to steam my clams.
Lastly it helps some players do beat the old NiMs, which havent been scaled too. You can easily farm Brontes for example for wings now. That boss is optimised for 242 gear so with 258 you do have an advantage almost in form of NiM crystals. So for the weaker players its a good way to get the missing boss kills.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

KendraP
03.26.2019 , 12:26 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Lastly it helps some players do beat the old NiMs, which havent been scaled too. You can easily farm Brontes for example for wings now. That boss is optimised for 242 gear so with 258 you do have an advantage almost in form of NiM crystals. So for the weaker players its a good way to get the missing boss kills.
I said "needed" not "makes it easier".

And surely the issue with most NiM bosses is finding a group that can do mechanics while keeping dps up? Any monkey can parse on a dummy.

Maxitrac
03.26.2019 , 01:11 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
As it’s been pointed out, it can also in ranked or even reg pvp the more people get the gear. You don’t need it for heroics or story unless you plan on doing MM stuff (it helps).
Yes that is true for pvp, but most people have no trouble staying alive and doing damage/doing objectives in pvp with the old gear, this gear is designed for the NiM raiders but unfortunately due to many things bioware looked over it has impacted PvP. But those dedicated PvPers that only do ranked have a means to get it which is almost the same as PvEers.
28/31 Nim/MM 5.0
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <One Eighth>
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/sales

Werronious
03.27.2019 , 01:52 AM | #55
Took me exactly 8 weeks to get full 258 on Sentinel, Shadow, Mando, Sage and their mirror class Mara, Sin, Merc, Sorc. Also, I even got 2 sets of gear for Sentinel cause i have more such toons and I have one main who keeps his gear on at all times.

This includes 258 legacy set, which is shared between the mirror classes, but also the 258 left side on each toon. So thats how long 1 toon should take you.
How in the f... hell you get full 258 gear in 8 weeks when you get 2 crystals every week and only for weapon + offhand need 10, and for other items 3 (36 for full without weapons)?!?.

Lundorff
03.27.2019 , 02:13 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Werronious View Post
How in the f... hell you get full 258 gear in 8 weeks when you get 2 crystals every week and only for weapon + offhand need 10, and for other items 3 (36 for full without weapons)?!?.
Step 1) Have a ton of UCs
Step 2) Have a ton of ALTs and a desire to play these
Step 3) Accept a lot of PvE grind
Step 4) Formulate a plan and track progress

Not impossible if you are willing to do this stuff, but personally I can not be bothered. I will have 1 character in 258 at some point, and I am not even bothering with ranked until then. This gearing system is an unmitigated failure.

merovejec
03.27.2019 , 03:28 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post

Not impossible if you are willing to do this stuff, but personally I can not be bothered. I will have 1 character in 258 at some point, and I am not even bothering with ranked until then. This gearing system is an unmitigated failure.
Yup I had around 90k UCs to start with and have to admit I wasted quite a few throusands when I messed up the calculations on how to buy the crystals. You need to have alts and get 252 gear from weekly, keep in mind if you have 2 sentinels and 2 maras you just need 1 main legacy set so your chances of getting the right pieces are much higher.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

Lundorff
03.27.2019 , 04:29 AM | #58
Yup I had around 90k UCs to start with and have to admit I wasted quite a few throusands when I messed up the calculations on how to buy the crystals. You need to have alts and get 252 gear from weekly, keep in mind if you have 2 sentinels and 2 maras you just need 1 main legacy set so your chances of getting the right pieces are much higher.
That is a weakness of character. I demand that you grind out 4 separate sets!

TrixxieTriss
03.27.2019 , 04:55 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I said "needed" not "makes it easier".

And surely the issue with most NiM bosses is finding a group that can do mechanics while keeping dps up? Any monkey can parse on a dummy.
That is true.

TrixxieTriss
03.27.2019 , 04:57 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post

Not only that, but you shouldnt have to do all of that to gear up a pvp character if all you want to do is play pvp.