Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Attention Ranked players with taunts:

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Attention Ranked players with taunts:

TrixxieTriss
03.19.2019 , 07:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post

Plus, you get medals for the protection points! I mean, a real stat chaser would use taunts when possible so it's weird to see a skilled DPS player who doesn't use their taunts.
I don’t think it’s weird at all because no one ever cares about winning these days. It’s all about the almighty dps numbers.
You could come second in the dps and have a massive amount of protection, but that guy who came first will tell you he’s better and the team will mostly vote for him too.

merovejec
03.20.2019 , 12:33 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
You just listed the Top 3 first-targeted classes
Well a Sin can use area taunt without coming out of stealth
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

SlimPikinz
03.21.2019 , 01:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Metthew View Post
If you're already on the healer, put into your focus target one threathening looking DPS and taunt on CD using your focus target modifier. Or on important casts like ambush.
In general, I think everyone should learn how to use focus target modifier to do such things as cc heals, taunt dps, etc.
It's a bit awkward at first to learn how to use it but I couldn't play ranked without it now.

Krea's video helped me. I dug it up in hopes other newer pvpers will watch it and implement it into their play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5KfsZqq6qM

Fiqh
03.26.2019 , 06:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Just make sure it’s an AOE one if you are on a healer with enemy nearby because single taunts on a healer do nothing.
PT's single target taunt reduces the targets movement speed by 30% for like 6 seconds. The Aoe increases defensive chances. You can spec in rebound which redirects an enemy players next big hit back at them.