Is Ebon pub as good as they say ?

Cherepk

I keep hearing that if you want good pub pvp server get on EBON Hawk, is this actual a thing ?

I got my toon to 70, did in past few days few WZ lost them so bad as pub.

My main is imp on Harb so ye judging from that perspective.

I keep hearing that if you want good pub pvp server get on EBON Hawk, is this actual a thing ?

No. It's pretty equal but imp dps are better than pub, while pub healers are more prevalent than imp at times causing 'nobody dies matches' from time to time unless all the imp dps are out that day.

Edited by RACATW

Pubside is generally better than impside and I would say the win rate is about 55% pub 45% imp, the thing is that impside has a higher population and almost ALWAYS has a decent pvp premade going, whereas pubside has more of a conquest/noob population so if none of the good guilds are queueing then the matches can be pretty horrible.

Pubside is generally better than impside and I would say the win rate is about 55% pub 45% imp, the thing is that impside has a higher population and almost ALWAYS has a decent pvp premade going, whereas pubside has more of a conquest/noob population so if none of the good guilds are queueing then the matches can be pretty horrible.

Please tell what is the name of those guilds ?

I wouldn't say it is that the pub side is good, it is that more often than not imps tended to be terribad. It has been evening out in the last few months though from what I have seen. So it is not quite so pub dominated as before. It can be a toss up most matches whereas before on imp side pretty much going into every warzone you expected to get a terrible team and get rofl stomped by pub pugs.

If you are really searching for server with skilled reps go t3m4. Reps there are damn dominating imps. Win ratio 86%/14 in reps favour. The situation is so hard that there are mostly reps vs reps on warzones now

If you are really searching for server with skilled reps go t3m4. Reps there are damn dominating imps. Win ratio 86%/14 in reps favour. The situation is so hard that there are mostly reps vs reps on warzones now

This sounds like godly but isn't t3m4 EU server and when i am on evening eastern it is early morning there so like 0 people ?

Core, Xen, Filthy Casuals and Republic are generally pretty good. My guild is pretty good too when we queue up, but PvP is not our main focus.

You forgot to mention the #1 guild, Alderaan Acklays....

If you're lucky enough to catch them doing some training in regs, it's pretty much a guaranteed win.

On TEH, it's more just that pubside tends to have a **** load of healers and tanks queueing at all times, whereas impside is mostly dps and tanks. I frequently solo queue into matches where pubs have 3+ healers and we have 0. Not saying that this is the pubs' fault, but what usually happens is a 4 man group will queue with a healer, then there will be 2-3 other pug healers that are also queueing, and the balance is just ridiculous. If we had proper matchmaking, the imperial win/loss ratio would be much better.

Well I mainly play Pubside for the reason that there are too many healers on Imp. Not to say there aren't times when lots of healers are on either side and so then I will take a break. When I solo queue, I leave games that have lots of healers. That being said, I win lots more on pub side then I do Imps. Imps seriously have no clue how to guard a node, we get capped on ALL the time lol.

I transferred to Ebon Hawk about a month ago and Imp PvP on the server is absolutey horrendous. It's not even running up against premades on the pub side. Most people in the imp side are just incompetent. Here's what I've seen just today:

Voidstar - Defending

I'm defending East and SEVEN people are defending West. Somehow West gets planted and blown up.

Hypergate

One person defending pylon. We get a "pylon" call and then 2 seconds later, lose the pylon.

Novare

We have 2 bunkers (guarding 4 and 4) and the Pubs have one. East calls incoming and 3 people from South all go running over to East. Sure enough, South then gets overrun and lost.

I transferred to Ebon Hawk about a month ago and Imp PvP on the server is absolutey horrendous. It's not even running up against premades on the pub side. Most people in the imp side are just incompetent. Here's what I've seen just today:

Voidstar - Defending

I'm defending East and SEVEN people are defending West. Somehow West gets planted and blown up.

Hypergate

One person defending pylon. We get a "pylon" call and then 2 seconds later, lose the pylon.

Novare

We have 2 bunkers (guarding 4 and 4) and the Pubs have one. East calls incoming and 3 people from South all go running over to East. Sure enough, South then gets overrun and lost.

You literally just described every 3rd warzone on like....every server. -_-

Edited by _Adisa_

On TEH, it's more just that pubside tends to have a **** load of healers and tanks queueing at all times, whereas impside is mostly dps and tanks. I frequently solo queue into matches where pubs have 3+ healers and we have 0. Not saying that this is the pubs' fault, but what usually happens is a 4 man group will queue with a healer, then there will be 2-3 other pug healers that are also queueing, and the balance is just ridiculous. If we had proper matchmaking, the imperial win/loss ratio would be much better.

What is this? Welcome to a year ago? Currently every Imp team is 3-4 healers...

Imp problems aren't the lack of quality players... The problem is that they all expect the other guy will watch the objective so they can run numbers. When I can pull 5 imps who should be defending, back behind the box in a voidstar and keep them there until we cap the bridge and 2 doors... there is a serious situational awareness problem.

I would say that while in a premade with AA i win 95% of my matches, and people talk about imp dps being better? sure.. if we play impside. The server tilts faction balance depending on where Acklays plays, whether its pubside or impside... that side dominates when we play.

Your argument is invalid and if you want to prove a point queue 4s.... oh that's right you wont.

When were Alderaan Acklays good at regs? Always lose with them, and always win against them, just saying........

I'd be down for a reg star battle royal... AA vs. Whoever you want. Who's your main? I'll set up the details in game.

You do the same thing that everyone else does when it comes to actually playing the game, just beat around the bush and hide behind some forum post. 90% of the entire pvp population IN THE WORLD does that towards us, accuses us of q syncin or win trading, and when we ask them to make a team in order to determine whether or not we are what they say we are, what do you think happens? They cower, just like you and everyone else.

We always show respect to the teams that queue and we never say anything bad about people that actually try to be good or to improve.

accuses us of q syncin or win trading, and when we ask them to make a team in order to determine whether or not we are what they say we are, what do you think happens? They cower, just like you and everyone else.

PVP muscle flex on TEH. Dankmemes.

You do the same thing that everyone else does when it comes to actually playing the game, just beat around the bush and hide behind some forum post. 90% of the entire pvp population IN THE WORLD does that towards us, accuses us of q syncin or win trading, and when we ask them to make a team in order to determine whether or not we are what they say we are, what do you think happens? They cower, just like you and everyone else.

We always show respect to the teams that queue and we never say anything bad about people that actually try to be good or to improve.

Really? I've never accused you of anything except for using too much Drakkar Noir... (don't lie, you bathe in the stuff)

I'm not very good at Swtor... how about we step it up a notch and you get your best AA four man to meet my 4's team IRL and we'll have a fist fight... That would solve everything for sure.