A specifc remark for HM....

I have started FP HM two weeks ago, and I'm now decked in columni gear. They are fun....

But I can't help but notice that the trash there seems to be both too numerous AND perfectly skippable. For exemple, on Taral V HM that I did three times, we ended up skipping two hole bosses and whole sections of crash...

Please don't complain or encourage them we get next to nothing for doing trash. So unless Bioware is smart enough to either A.) Up the credits that drop B.) Increase the credit worth of vendor trash or C.) Provide us with some sort of incentive, social points perhaps, it's just a gigantic waste of time

I have started FP HM two weeks ago, and I'm now decked in columni gear. They are fun....

But I can't help but notice that the trash there seems to be both too numerous AND perfectly skippable. For exemple, on Taral V HM that I did three times, we ended up skipping two hole bosses and whole sections of crash...

You only skipped two bosses in Taral V? Boss number 4 is also skippable :p

i am all for skipping trash agreeing with others here there is no incentive to kill them.

skipping bosses is fine too but people who do so need not complain about that under geared player in the group. some bosses now drop decent gear while others still drop pooh. in t 5 the droid drops decent gear while the first mob drops pooh. both people skip.

my biggest complaint is some peoples convoluted methods of skipping trash. a majority of people do a decent job while others have a route that borders on just plain stupid. i have seen some of these in kaon, d 7 and mp. yes they didn't work out well either.

if people need credits do dailies. in 5-10 mins you can make 7k. cant make that from hm trash drops. ( bh isn't the best place to make credits either)

I don't mind skipping trash at all however some problems arise when wipe after skipping things. People that aren't familiar with the FP and were just blindly following can end up pulling things on the way back. Especially if the mobs weren't there the first time through, such roving mobs.

So if you're going to rush through and are with people new to the FP it would be wise to let them know that there a roving mob or a mob that once you see it it's to late so they know for the way back if there is a wipe.

Skipping trash is OK if you can do it 100% successful but there are people in WoW who will actually wipe over and over trying to skip a pack of trash and defies all logic. Our 1st guild run in EV a few people got killed by trash we skipped before pylons, then the second time we did it we almost cleared but then we said 'LOL Pylons, we wont wipe' so left it and somehow we wiped and people got killed by the trash. The entire thing of trash skipping in MMOs should probably just die and design the dungeons better/shorter.

There is no point in having more trash than bosses other than to infuriate raiders with the trash bug that's in the game atm.

That and to make the operation last way longer than it should.

In FP however trash should be there imo. The low level FPs still give xp for players and mobs=xp.

HM FP is just a harder copy of normal so obviously there should be trash there as well then.

Trash is necesarry in an Op and a FP for 2 reasons. 1) it helps the group get the feel for working with each other and get in sync and 2) it makes it feel less like a gauntlet of bosses.

That said: I don't think Ops need as much trash as they have... EC especially.

In terms of skipping trash. Before level 50 most people will kill trash. XP from trash and bonuses make it worth while. More drops that are useful from skippable bosses. However when you reach 50: XP from trash and bonuses is useless. The only useful drop (aside from new 50s) is from the last boss and finishing the Daily/Weekly quests gives better rewards than the endless supply of crystals from the bosses.

Unless there is more incentive to actually kill trash and skippable bosses, I won't bother fighting them. Get to the good stuff sooner and move onto something else. Making trash harder so skip isn't the solution, making trash WORTH killing is. Making trash worth killing and not farmable is a tough ask though.

- A super rare chance to drop awesome schematics isn't a good incentive. An average change to drop them ceases to work once they are no longer needed.

- More credits means more credit sinks.

- More comms at any level isn't an option. BH/Daily would he farmable, Tionese/Columi would be next to uesless. Although dropping Tionese Crystals x% of the time and having bosses drop Tionese comms might work.

Well, tbh they made most instances easier lately, and I'm totally fine by that. Columi is now basically the base tier and should be easy to acquire. For the others that don't even need columi and are doing the FP through the group finder for the BH commendations, skipping trash is the best thing you can do.

Now, skipping bosses is subjective: if you are in a group that wants to skip them try to ask them to do the bosses anyway. Most of the time they will just kill the boss, it's faster than arguing.

Shhhhhhhhhuusssshhhhh you !!!