Request to Bioware regarding Taral V - HM

I know that this will be an unpopular request with some players...but here goes...

Bioware, can you please make it so that players can't skip the last two boss fights in Taral V?

If you go just right, you can slip past the Droid (2nd boss) without pulling agro, and the last boss will reset if you move to the right place, thus never need to fight them.

I understand that people are using Taral V as a way to farm their daily and weekly rewards while doing the least amount of work possible, I get it...it's sad...and kinda pitiful...but I get it.

But some of us, particularly new 50s, WANT to fight the bosses, we need the drops, we want to learn the fights, and some of us, like the challenge.

The problem is that so many people know how to skip these two fights, that it is virtually impossible to find a group that is even willing to.

I have done, or tried to do this HM FP 5 times using group finder, and not once was the group even willing to do the fights. Once they sat and simply watched as other players pulled agro, and let them die, until he quit in disgust, twice more, booted someone from the group, because they wanted to do the fights.

Please, it makes it so that players can't enjoy, or get the benefits of the Flashpoint, just so that a few lazy players don't have to work for their commendations. As far as I am concerned, this constitutes an exploit...

Thank you for your time

If you want to run it...get a group of 3 like-minded people together. T5 used to be a hella slog, so they removed half the trash. People used to pull the last boss miles away out of the room, so they reduced his aggro range. If you want to gear your new 50....good on you. Don't make those of us who have run the op literally hundreds of times wait around for your learning curve. Same argument made for watching convos and not spacebarring. If you want to watch it, get a group together. Don't expect 3 strangers to waste their time while you get your 'immersion.' Don't have 3 friends in game? Join a guild. I have run tons of guildies on gear runs through fp, and not once used groupfinder to inflict the pain on others at random.

i have to say it wouldn't matter if they changed the last boss. btw the bosses only drop columi(one) at the most so its not really going to change for me with my alts i get to 50 to do that boss or the other bosses u can skip, its not just that flashpoint but that has the most u can skip. i don't believe changing the boss would lead to better gear faster for new lvl 50s unless they dropped more loot or better loot. 75% i see a earpiece of a class not present on that boss. sorry to say it there is a good a reason to most skip every boss/miniboss in hard mode flashpoints.

if u group with me and don't know something or want to do something the time to ask is right at the start not mid/end way into the flashpoint as with most other people. if u ask at the start most group will decide what to do and most likely do the boss u want to do, but if u do it at the end piping up and going hey why not is to late for that and will annoy the group you are in and is likely not to happen.

i see alot of people who ask to do bosses i skip or bonus boss ask right after i pass them and enter a elevator, ect. and i know this annoys me.

I know that this will be an unpopular request with some players...but here goes...

Bioware, can you please make it so that players can't skip the last two boss fights in Taral V?

If you go just right, you can slip past the Droid (2nd boss) without pulling agro, and the last boss will reset if you move to the right place, thus never need to fight them.

I understand that people are using Taral V as a way to farm their daily and weekly rewards while doing the least amount of work possible, I get it...it's sad...and kinda pitiful...but I get it.

But some of us, particularly new 50s, WANT to fight the bosses, we need the drops, we want to learn the fights, and some of us, like the challenge.

The problem is that so many people know how to skip these two fights, that it is virtually impossible to find a group that is even willing to.

I have done, or tried to do this HM FP 5 times using group finder, and not once was the group even willing to do the fights. Once they sat and simply watched as other players pulled agro, and let them die, until he quit in disgust, twice more, booted someone from the group, because they wanted to do the fights.

Please, it makes it so that players can't enjoy, or get the benefits of the Flashpoint, just so that a few lazy players don't have to work for their commendations. As far as I am concerned, this constitutes an exploit...

Thank you for your time

Perhaps you shouldn't think you are entitled to force your own opinions and choices ingame down other people's throats?

Perhaps you shouldn't think you are entitled to force your own opinions and choices ingame down other people's throats?

Perhaps you shouldn´t think your entiteled to force your opinions and choices ingame down on other peoples throats ?

It goes both ways. Being kicked foor wanting to kill the last boss in a hard mode FP and you dont see the problem ?? If your so overgeared how long will it take to kill a boss and thereby help another player.

i have to say it wouldn't matter if they changed the last boss. btw the bosses only drop columi(one) at the most so its not really going to change for me with my alts i get to 50 to do that boss or the other bosses u can skip, its not just that flashpoint but that has the most u can skip. i don't believe changing the boss would lead to better gear faster for new lvl 50s unless they dropped more loot or better loot. 75% i see a earpiece of a class not present on that boss. sorry to say it there is a good a reason to most skip every boss/miniboss in hard mode flashpoints.

if u group with me and don't know something or want to do something the time to ask is right at the start not mid/end way into the flashpoint as with most other people. if u ask at the start most group will decide what to do and most likely do the boss u want to do, but if u do it at the end piping up and going hey why not is to late for that and will annoy the group you are in and is likely not to happen.

i see alot of people who ask to do bosses i skip or bonus boss ask right after i pass them and enter a elevator, ect. and i know this annoys me.

This.

I have to agree here. I mean, I've done Taral V a zillion times, both clearing and skipping. Three of my characters are campaign/dread guard geared (and a fourth is nearly full Black Hole), so it's not like I need the columi drops, but I really would like to actually *do* the content rather than flying past it. It's not like the fights are particularly hard or time consuming.

The fact is that new 50s no longer have any real way to learn their class in a low-risk situation. They have to dive straight into operations, and even then they probably won't see a decent challenge until EC or TfB SM, due to the level of over-gearing that is pervasive across all tier 1 content. It used to be that Hard Modes were just that, hard. I remember wiping for hours on Esseles HM the first time I did it (a week-ish after launch). It was frustrating and time consuming, but I learned a lot and the sense of accomplishment was palpable. Now, all the HMs have been nerfed into the ground, and the playerbase has collectively discovered a vast array of exploits which allow them to complete (or rather, bypass) what little content is left in the most efficient way possible. It leaves more time for such people to log onto the forums and complain about lack of content in this game.

Skipping trash mobs is one thing; skipping bosses is quite another. I would much rather Bioware fixed Taral V, Foundry and Ilum so that the bosses are no longer skippable, since I can't imagine they ever intended the content to be trivialized in this fashion.

I get what you're saying Keyboardninja. I enjoy running most of these flashpoints, but TV or illum are so dissapointing when they pop. I wouldn't ever ask a group to complete it if all three want to skip, but if one other person wants to run it properly I'm game. Of course it's not like you can't run TV withought a healer, and you only need two votes to be kicked even if half the group wants to do it, so this can end poorly. :(

I can only imagine how much it would suck for a DPS who actually wants to do the run and spent all that time in the Que..

It was quite a shock for me when I started doing hard modes. It was not the difficulty but the pace most groups run the content at. It was like kill stuff jump on bikes and off to the next spot and pray I can keep up. worst part is as a healer I hardly had time to recharge my force before the next fight. I did notice though that once I got to tionese or equivalent gear they got to be as easy as they were while leveling really. Please guys remember that some people don't have practice blitzing these thing at break neck speed, and you can avoid wipes by giving a healer chance to recharge before the next fight. Frankly though Taral V needs to be fixed badly bosses should not be so easy to skip as that. Perhaps, the quest advancement should be contingent on defeating bosses.

Trelleg - lvl 50 Sage Jedi Covenant

There are 2 main reasons to run HMs. Geared 50s run them for comms, and new 50s run them for Columi gear tokens so they can progress to ops. The last boss of Taral V should not be skippable. No other final boss is skippable. It's not as if he's hugely difficult or takes a long time to kill, anyway.

First time I ran Taral V when my Shadow tank dinged 50, I had a nightmare. I didn't know the skips and people raced ahead. I didn't know you could skip the final boss because I'd never been there before and despite having told the group, they let me charge in and aggro the boss while they all went up the ramp to skip him and let me die. The group was really rude to me too, calling me stupid. Sorry but if someone tells you it's their first time doing something and they die because you don't tell them something they need to know, it's you that's stupid. It knocked my confidence a lot.

if isnt as much as forcing opinions but rather trying to correct the piss poor way the hms are now run by much of the player base. if this method is contiued as such in the future the game wont have too many nails left out of its coffin.

you will not attract new players to this game when they are required to be guilded in order to use a lfd feature to gear up as new 50s. hm and story ops lfd groups are beyond hit and miss but rather are races for easy loot coms. the fun of such for non guild groups is rapidly dwindling. couple this with a terrible world pvp there is little left to do at 50 for the new unguilded. these are the new blood trying to be attracted to this game

these bh coms have done absolutely nothing constructive to this game but rather the opposite. you are proof of such when players like the op want to enjoy and run a instance as intended and then you flame him as enforcing a opinion and choice on others which is opposite of your own. the op only wants to run the instance as it was intended and not race through it in 10 mins so a bunch of selfish players like your self can get their bh coms.

I completely agree with the OP. I have three toons who have no use for drops, have very limited use for BH Comms, but I enjoy running Flashpoints as I really enjoy the content. The rampant skipping anything and everything in sight, the abuse of the exhaustion zones to facilitate it and the complete lack of respect for those who wish to do the FP properly are horrible.

To those of you who say "get a guild, run it with them", I'm in a guild, when we have guildies on we typically hit an Operation or run some War Zones. When there's few people on to do stuff with that's when I prefer to run a FP. I've pretty much quit tanking HMFP's due to the complete lack of respect for those who want to do FP's properly, which is a damn shame seeing as those three 50's are all tanks, which puts people in an even longer queue. I totally agree with the person who states the abuse of this system should be considered an exploit!

Nope, don't agree. If you want to do the bosses, ask your group. If they don't want to do it, get another group. Problem solved. No need to change anything.

Although I wouldn't be upset if the did make the bosses unskippable. I don't care if I do them. I just think some folks need to stop playing the poor little victim card and start communicating with the group they get put in. Don't be lazy, be a team player. I'm aware some people actually do ask then get kicked, but I honestly doubt that's the majority. I've been playing this game since the start and I've never seen someone get kicked because they asked to do a boss. Harsh words, I know. But that's my thoughts.

Edited by Radzkie

if isnt as much as forcing opinions but rather trying to correct the piss poor way the hms are now run by much of the player base. if this method is contiued as such in the future the game wont have too many nails left out of its coffin.

you will not attract new players to this game when they are required to be guilded in order to use a lfd feature to gear up as new 50s. hm and story ops lfd groups are beyond hit and miss but rather are races for easy loot coms. the fun of such for non guild groups is rapidly dwindling. couple this with a terrible world pvp there is little left to do at 50 for the new unguilded. these are the new blood trying to be attracted to this game

these bh coms have done absolutely nothing constructive to this game but rather the opposite. you are proof of such when players like the op want to enjoy and run a instance as intended and then you flame him as enforcing a opinion and choice on others which is opposite of your own. the op only wants to run the instance as it was intended and not race through it in 10 mins so a bunch of selfish players like your self can get their bh coms.

So just because I want to finish it in 10 minutes and he doesn't, and if the majority in the flashpoint group also agrees with me, you don't think it's the OP shoving his choices down my throat? It has nothing to do with selfishness either, you don't know me. Wishing to complete a flashpoint as soon as possible has nothing remotely to do with selifishness.

I'm always down to fight any of the bosses in the FP's I run. I also don't mind running past them. If you're on POT5 shoot one of the chars in my sig. a tell and I'll run one with you and we can fight whatever you want. I'm geared well enough that I can heal most HM bosses with nothing but Kolto Bomb and Hammer Shots. Which kind of explains why most people just want to run through.

A lot of people have all 61+ gear. Most of these boss encounters are not challenging for them. I've seen plenty of videos of people soloing the HM FP's so it's just another daily for them. And some of them would even prefer to just gear an alt or companion with the BH comms instead of the Columi drops from the instance. I mean they practically giving them away, haven't added it up but with all the weeklies plus dailies can't you get like almost 200 a week if not more?

So anyway iff you're on POT5 send me a tell my guild is always recruiting and we would be more than happy to help you gear up.

First time I ran Taral V when my Shadow tank dinged 50, I had a nightmare. I didn't know the skips and people raced ahead. I didn't know you could skip the final boss because I'd never been there before and despite having told the group, they let me charge in and aggro the boss while they all went up the ramp to skip him and let me die. The group was really rude to me too, calling me stupid. Sorry but if someone tells you it's their first time doing something and they die because you don't tell them something they need to know, it's you that's stupid. It knocked my confidence a lot.

Sorry that happened to you. Bad behavior to fresh 50s and new players has become so common in LFG groups, it is astonishing. Especially in Lost Island, but that is another topic.

For me, I never mind fighting the bosses or explaining the fights to new players, but I DO want them to say they are running it for gear or for the first time. And if they are running it for the first time, I expect them to never run in front of whoever is explaining the fights (usually me) or leap into battle without checking chat for a "wait".

The only bosses I will generally refuse to fight are the bonus ones.

Yes, I understand what you mean. I have argued about this on the forum for some time now.

I hope they listen, because the way things are now the "fast run comm farmers" are turning the HM flashpoints into a empty room with a boss in the end.

And in your case not even a boss in the end.

Yes, I understand what you mean. I have argued about this on the forum for some time now.

I hope they listen, because the way things are now the "fast run comm farmers" are turning the HM flashpoints into a empty room with a boss in the end.

And in your case not even a boss in the end.

The funny thing is, sometimes I think it'd be easier to just kill some of the trash or bosses people skip than to go around. Some trash mobs die in one AOE. It's better than sliding past and then having the last guy pull and then having to go back and clean it up.

I think people should consider the minute or two consuming small bosses on FPs to get the daily com from those. It's very efficient and easy way of accumulating extra daily coms. Contrary to the popular believe, daily commendations are of use. Dread Guard relics are not that bad and I am guessing there will be more of goodies on the way, with higher prices. I've grinded flashpoints with 5 alts since the BH rewards and for me, skipping everything has become the ultimate boredom and really meaningless. I'd rather kill a few bosses more -just for fun. Personally, BH coms translate into molecular stabilizers and nothing else.

So just because I want to finish it in 10 minutes and he doesn't, and if the majority in the flashpoint group also agrees with me, you don't think it's the OP shoving his choices down my throat? It has nothing to do with selfishness either, you don't know me. Wishing to complete a flashpoint as soon as possible has nothing remotely to do with selifishness.

Let me ask a dumb question from you. Why do you play the game and probably pay for playing it if all you want is to get through areas with minimal effort and only get the prizes without really doing anything to earn them? This is a roleplaying game based on knowing your character, building it to mirror you, and using his/her abilities. If you want to jump over enemies and platforms Mario is the game for you...

Let me ask a dumb question from you. Why do you play the game and probably pay for playing it if all you want is to get through areas with minimal effort and only get the prizes without really doing anything to earn them? This is a roleplaying game based on knowing your character, building it to mirror you, and using his/her abilities. If you want to jump over enemies and platforms Mario is the game for you...

Let me give an answer to your dumb question. Because I have already been through, chewed, digested that content. The new gear I want to obtain to access higher content goes through doing that same content 100 times, before presuming how I should play, learn how this game works.

Let me give an answer to your dumb question. Because I have already been through, chewed, digested that content. The new gear I want to obtain to access higher content goes through doing that same content 100 times, before presuming how I should play, learn how this game works.

Cool story, bro, really cool! The only problem here is that you are the selfish brat here. We understand you have gotten all the drops you need from that said Flashpoint but some of the people in the random created group may have not and that's why clearing all the bosses, which in these instances are the ones to kill to get the drops, would be very nice for the group. Simply thinking and shouting "I don't need any drops from here so skip,run,spacebar, skip, run, spacebar so I can save 5-10 minutes of my time" makes you only look like a childish and selfish jerk. Those instances are for 4 people groups, they AREN'T just for YOU. So if you have that big problems clearing all the bosses in Flashpoints do us people a favor and quit your sub, or atleast do those "run, skip.spacebar"-runs with your guildies so you won't ruin the game for other people who actually want to play the game as it is designed to be played.